PDA

View Full Version : Brandon: No Jairus Byrd trade demand

MidnightVoice
09-11-2013, 08:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9660951/buffalo-bills-ceo-russ-brandon-says-jairus-byrd-requested-trade

Buffalo Bills CEO Russ Brandon on Wednesday said that safety Jairus Byrd has not requested a trade.

"There was no trade requested. That isn't even a topic of conversation in this building," Brandon told the Howard Simon Show on WGR 550 in Buffalo. "I know these reports come from all over the place. I don't know where they come from at times."

The Buffalo News reported last week, citing "an executive on another NFL club and another agent who is not employed by Byrd," that the objective of "Byrd and his agent is to engineer a trade from the Buffalo Bills by the NFL trade deadline."

Byrd also questioned the report last week.

Mike
09-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I posted something similar a few weeks back. More and more it seems these 'rumors' were perhaps started by OBD.

Brandon himself said that Byrd 'had nothing to do with it', 'that he has been the same player he always was', 'his demeanor has not changed', and that Bills are open to trade!

better days
09-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I posted something similar a few weeks back. More and more it seems these 'rumors' were perhaps started by OBD.

Brandon himself said that Byrd 'had nothing to do with it', 'that he has been the same player he always was', 'his demeanor has not changed', and that Bills are open to trade!

If anyone put it out there, it was Parker. I don't think the Bills will give up Byrd for what other teams would be willing to trade for him myself.

Beebe's Kid
09-11-2013, 01:50 PM
From the article on the BB.com (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/11/brandon-no-trade-request-came-from-byrd/)

[QUOTE] “Is he disappointed that we weren’t able to come to an agreement? Absolutely and we are as well. But that’s the business part that we don’t even like talking about. "/QUOTE]

It is business. Why is this so difficult for people to grasp, and why is it impossible for people to grasp who is likely behind any rumors?

What would Byrd or OBD gain from this? Has Byrd ever been an issue during his career here? The answers are nothing and no.

But get rid of this bum, run him out of town! He lied!

This is getting beyond absurd.

Byrd wants paid. His agent is trying to make that happen. The team wants to keep the money for themselves, or at the very least sign him to a better deal...and if you must, they want to spread it around to other deserving players to build and sustain a winning football program in WNY.

Listen...I know you have a tattoo of the Bills logo, and have a room in your basement decorated with Flutie Flakes. It is a distraction for you, a hobby, an interest. For these people, it is work. It is not the same burning passion for them. Brandon and Parker have no commitment to you or the Bills, and Byrd will only have one if it is expedient for him to do so, while locking up his financial future. That is what he has earned by being a good player for the past several years. He has worked hard, and has produced, and has earned the right to ask to be paid for his services.

mayotm
09-11-2013, 02:04 PM
From the article on the BB.com (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/11/brandon-no-trade-request-came-from-byrd/)

[QUOTE] “Is he disappointed that we weren’t able to come to an agreement? Absolutely and we are as well. But that’s the business part that we don’t even like talking about. "/QUOTE]

It is business. Why is this so difficult for people to grasp, and why is it impossible for people to grasp who is likely behind any rumors?

What would Byrd or OBD gain from this? Has Byrd ever been an issue during his career here? The answers are nothing and no.

Byrd wants paid. His agent is trying to make that happen. The team wants to keep the money for themselves, or at the very least sign him to a better deal...and if you must, they want to spread it around to other deserving players to build and sustain a winning football program in WNY.

Listen...I know you have a tattoo of the Bills logo, and have a room in your basement decorated with Flutie Flakes. It is a distraction for you, a hobby, an interest. For these people, it is work. It is not the same burning passion for them. Brandon and Parker have no commitment to you or the Bills, and Byrd will only have one if it is expedient for him to do so, while locking up his financial future. That is what he has earned by being a good player for the past several years. He has worked hard, and has produced, and has earned the right to ask to be paid for his services.
I certainly hope Brandon has a committment to the Bills.

better days
09-11-2013, 02:35 PM

Well, NO team in the NFL can pay Byrd beyond this year. That is the fact. After this year is over if the Bills & Parker can't come to an agreement, expect Byrd to be traded. BUT it won't happen this year.

mightysimi
09-11-2013, 03:08 PM
He's not going to get paid anything unless he is playing.

whkfc
09-11-2013, 04:24 PM
He's not going to get paid anything unless he is playing.

His salary is guaranteed for this year.

DynaPaul
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
The trade rumor was just one of Parker's tricks. They have the playbook on this guy.