• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Colin Brown

Ouch:

The Buffalo Bills had an open competition at left guard during training camp to replace Andy Levitre, who departed through free agency.After cycling several players through the position, fourth-year veteran Colin Brown was tabbed as the starter.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Colin Brown

Luckily there arent many players better than Wilfork at run-stuffing. Lets hope this doesnt become a trend.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

We wouldn't be in this mess if Levitre hadn't wanted to get paid. Why didn't he blindly support a losing franchise, and make a significant financial contribution to being a part of a perennial 6 win team? Well, I know one thing...eff him, I'm glad he's gone.

I think Colin Brown is like a young [insert some all time great guard here]. It will just take a few years of developing, and he'll be as good.

We made the right decision.

Oh, and get Byrd out of town already.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

I thought out pass protection was actually pretty good. Then you have a very low-talent guy like Brown trying to contain Wilfork..not gonna end well, obviously.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Guards are EASILY replaced I was told.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Levitre was abused by Wilfork as well. And Chris Johnson didn't run well against the Steelers this past Sunday, unlike last year. Draw your own conclusions from one game, if you like.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
              We wouldn't be in this mess if Levitre hadn't wanted to get paid. Why didn't he blindly support a losing franchise, and make a significant financial contribution to being a part of a perennial 6 win team? Well, I know one thing...eff him, I'm glad he's gone.

I think Colin Brown is like a young [insert some all time great guard here]. It will just take a few years of developing, and he'll be as good.

We made the right decision.

Oh, and get Byrd out of town already.
              Levitre was such an ass not to take a big hometown discount when we won't use all of our cap money just so Ralph could stick some extra millions in his pocket. Good riddance to him. Brown will be better then him by the end of the year.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I'll give Brown a little bit of a pass because he played against Wilfork, but I'm, concerned he's going to be a weak link on the line all season. I wouldn't be surprised if left guard is a draft priority next April.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                  I'll give Brown a little bit of a pass because he played against Wilfork, but I'm, concerned he's going to be a weak link on the line all season. I wouldn't be surprised if left guard is a draft priority next April.
                  It'd be such a Buffalo Bills move to trade up for a guard, have him turn into one of the best in the league, let him walk in free agency... and then spend another 1st/2nd rounder to replace him!

I wonder why this franchise hasn't made the playoffs since 1999...

I can't wait to let Byrd walk so we can use a high draft pick to replace him, too.
                  Last edited by Crisis; 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                    It'd be such a Buffalo Bills move to trade up for a guard, have him turn into one of the best in the league, let him walk in free agency... and then spend another 1st/2nd rounder to replace him!

I can't wait to let Byrd walk so we can use a high draft pick to replace him, too.
                    Between that and bad draft picks that's why we keep treading water. Even more so when it comes to letting any decent draft picks leave in FA or trading them since we're always using our high draft picks to replace them instead of building up a team.

Most of us have seen this the past 5 years but too many still think the front office has done a good job. Eventually you need to keep a good core of players and build around them and not continue to use your draft picks to replace them instead of improving other areas. At least Ralph has saved about 50-75 million dollars from unused cap space the past 5 years though. His family will be thankful for it when he croaks.
                    Last edited by BillsFever21; 09-11-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                      Between that and bad draft picks that's why we keep treading water. Even more so when it comes to letting any decent draft picks leave in FA or trading them since we're always using our high draft picks to replace them instead of building up a team.

Most of us have seen this the past 5 years but too many still think the front office has done a good job. Eventually you need to keep a good core of players and build around them and not continue to use your draft picks to replace them instead of improving other areas. At least Ralph has saved about 50-75 million dollars from unused cap space the past 5 years though. His family will be thankful for it when he croaks.

~ Ralph Wilson's Wallet

Buffalo Bills MVP for the past decade. And inexplicably a fan favorite.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis View Post

Because they haven't had a QB? Its really that simple.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                          Because they haven't had a QB? Its really that simple.
                          Because in that time period Trent Dilfer has won a superbowl... Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerrote/Brian Griese, Shaun King, Tim Couch/Kelly Holcomb, Derek Anderson, among many others... have all made the playoffs in that time.

Even other ****ty franchises have managed to dumb luck their way into a playoff berth somehow without a QB, too.
                          Last edited by Crisis; 09-12-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Tim Tebow has more playoff wins in the past 17 years than the Bills do

Comment

• kishoph
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Levitre was abused by Wilfork as well. And Chris Johnson didn't run well against the Steelers this past Sunday, unlike last year. Draw your own conclusions from one game, if you like.

Bills ran for 4.0 yards per attempt, the Titans ran for 2.7 per attempt.
                              Brown certainly could of played better, but going against Wilfork is no easy task. On the plus side Brown did not give up a negative play or have a penalty. For the past few years people have insisted that the Bills O-line is terrible, probably the "worst in the league" and every year the O-line ends up being one of the strong points. BTW, not that it matters after 1 week, but the Bills O-line is ranked #1 from NFL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X