PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's game...

jpdex12
09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
This game against Carolina isn't sold out yet is it?

justasportsfan
09-11-2013, 12:03 PM
“We do have some tickets to move,” said Brandon, who appeared on the Howard Simon show on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550. “We have about 1,600 tickets left remaining for the game. The deadline is Thursday at 1 pm. Tickets are moving and we’re confident we’ll be able to get the game sold out.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/11/1600-tickets-left-for-sundays-game/

better days
09-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I would expect Wegmans or somebody like that to buy the remainder if fans don't buy them all.

OLDSRIP
09-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I would expect Wegmans or somebody like that to buy the remainder if fans don't buy them all.

I got Ralph's AARP card number. I am going to charge them to his account.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Why not cover some seats like the Jags do?
If the Bills ever start winning again then uncover them.

BLeonard
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Why not cover some seats like the Jags do?
If the Bills ever start winning again then uncover them.

From what I remember, if a team tarps off seats, they must remain tarped for the entire season, even for playoff games.

Teams can't just throw tarps up on seats if they don't sell them on given weeks and claim "sellout."

-Bill

BillsFever21
09-11-2013, 07:05 PM
That's pretty bad the second game of the season isn't sold out by now. I'm sure some company will buy them but it's pretty sad we're already at this predicament this early in the season. Good thing most of our games are early in the season or we could've seen at least 3 blackouts later in the year.

tampabay25690
09-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Why don't the fans go then???

BLeonard
09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
That's pretty bad the second game of the season isn't sold out by now. I'm sure some company will buy them but it's pretty sad we're already at this predicament this early in the season. Good thing most of our games are early in the season or we could've seen at least 3 blackouts later in the year.

13 seasons of not making the playoffs will do that to a fanbase... Especially after losing the opener last week.

At this stage, they're lucky that they're selling out any games at all... Most fanbases wouldn't have put up with it for near this long.

-Bill

better days
09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
13 seasons of not making the playoffs will do that to a fanbase... Especially after losing the opener last week.

At this stage, they're lucky that they're selling out any games at all... Most fanbases wouldn't have put up with it for near this long.

-Bill

If the Bills win against the Panthers on Sunday, I predict the marketing dept will have an easier time for future games.

BLeonard
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
If the Bills win against the Panthers on Sunday, I predict the marketing dept will have an easier time for future games.

I predict that, had the Bills beat New England, we wouldn't be having this discussion, as the Panthers game would already be sold out.

A win against the Panthers could possibly help, but I believe that the next home game (Ravens) is already sold out anyway... After that, there aren't many teams coming to Buffalo that scream "must see." After NE and BLT, I'd argue that the best money drawing team on the home schedule is Atlanta and they shipped that game to Toronto... In fact, it's probably why they sent that game to Toronto... To try and get more sales for that game.

-Bill

TacklingDummy
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
From what I remember, if a team tarps off seats, they must remain tarped for the entire season, even for playoff games.

Teams can't just throw tarps up on seats if they don't sell them on given weeks and claim "sellout."

-BillObliviousness the Bills were not going to be contenders the past 12 years without a QB or the next 3 years without one. So cover them until they draft the right FSU QB.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2013, 10:48 PM
That's pretty bad the second game of the season isn't sold out by now. I'm sure some company will buy them but it's pretty sad we're already at this predicament this early in the season. Good thing most of our games are early in the season or we could've seen at least 3 blackouts later in the year. Most Realist realize we will suck so why bother buying tickets. This season for most of the Realist has been least excited to startl

TacklingDummy
09-11-2013, 10:49 PM

And if they lose? Which is most likely since the NFL wants to see Cam succeed.