PDA

View Full Version : Some Good All 22 Analysis from GR and others.

cookie G
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I really need to get this sometime.

Jeremy White from GR

http://www.wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/17263530

This clearly wasn't Spiller's best game. But...he'll come back, I'm confident of that.

As to the SJ TD....as he points out in the throw...and what we haven't had from a QB in a long time..

Perhaps most impressive about this throw is Manuel’s body. He didn’t step. He just flicks it to the spot and Johnson hauls it in. It’s an elite throw. All due respect to the last guy, but this is the exact throw that he could not make.

I was never a Fitz hater...in fact I had a ton of respect for him..becuase I thought he did his best with limited talents (both his and others). But every throw he made took a full wind up. EJ's arm strength and touch continues to impress me.

From buffalo Rumblings...it wasn't all CJ fault...but he does share some blame

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-opinion/2013/9/11/4718516/bills-vs-patriots-re-watch-cj-spiller-film-study

Another All 22 breakdown of the Woods TD.

http://yardsperpass.com/?p=271

Not much new to say about the play..except this...

(the thrid picture down)

The yellow circle is there because you can see Chandler Jones on the ground after Fred Jackson absolutely lit him up w/ a chip block. - See more at: http://yardsperpass.com/?p=271#sthash.6wjD39PC.dpuf

I love Freddy.

Scumbag College
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Really interesting article and I saw the same thing with CJ vs. Fred. Fred isn't as fast and doesn't have the crazy athletic ability that CJ has, but he found a way consistently on Sunday to find the holes and get 5 or 6 yards a run where CJ seemed to run right into the back of the line. Also, I think that the Pats were really keying on CJ when he was the RB and when Fred was out there they were playing more pass.

BillsImpossible
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Joe B. and JW had some really good breakdown analysis of the game.

On CJ, all he has to do is have about half a second more patience and he'll be hitting those gaping holes he missed.

EJ Manuel is well on his way to becoming an elite NFL QB...he didn't look like a rookie, and he didn't play like a rookie.

Joe B. thinks the Bills run defense will be much better this year.

Colin Brown is the team's biggest liability after weak 1.

Can't wait to get Jairus Byrd back in the lineup!

EDS
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Joe B. and JW had some really good breakdown analysis of the game.

On CJ, all he has to do is have about half a second more patience and he'll be hitting those gaping holes he missed.

EJ Manuel is well on his way to becoming an elite NFL QB...he didn't look like a rookie, and he didn't play like a rookie.

Joe B. thinks the Bills run defense will be much better this year.

Colin Brown is the team's biggest liability after weak 1.

Can't wait to get Jairus Byrd back in the lineup!

After one game they can tell EJ is on his way to being an elite QB? Nice crystal ball they have.

Meathead
09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
hes definitely an elite qb. and after his first crappy game he will definitely be a wasted pick

cookie G
09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Really interesting article and I saw the same thing with CJ vs. Fred. Fred isn't as fast and doesn't have the crazy athletic ability that CJ has, but he found a way consistently on Sunday to find the holes and get 5 or 6 yards a run where CJ seemed to run right into the back of the line. Also, I think that the Pats were really keying on CJ when he was the RB and when Fred was out there they were playing more pass.

Spiller basically said he was forcing things. Its going to be tough running against Carolina too, they have put together a pretty good LB corps.

BTW...the one article mentions Freddy's block on the Woods TD. I have the NFL replay version on DVR and just watched it.

Freddy de-cleated Chandler Jones. To call it a chip block is like calling Niagara Falls a bit of running water.

Lifted him off his feet and put him on his ass, and Chandler Jones goes 260-270.

If I'm OC, I still find a way to get him and Spiller on the field at the same time. Both can run, both can catch. Spiller can go deep or catch a pass in space.

But Freddie blocks like a mofo. Either picking up a blitzer or as a lead blocker, he hits like a FB.

With a little imagination, you can come up with some deadly combinations.

TigerJ
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
I read down through analysis done by both Jeremy White and Joe Buscaglia. They do a nice job of helping us fans understand some of what's going on. You have to figure that Spiller is going to get it turned around. It's less certain that Colin Brown will get a whole lot better. As I understand it, except for his penalty, Cordy Glenn was just about perfect on the day. Pretty good for a guy that lot's of people still want to move inside to guard. Granted, he'd be a great guard, but in theory, it's a lot easier and cheaper to find a decent guard in the NFL than a left tackle.

jimmifli
09-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Lifted him off his feet and put him on his ass, and Chandler Jones goes 260-270.

If I'm OC, I still find a way to get him and Spiller on the field at the same time. Both can run, both can catch. Spiller can go deep or catch a pass in space.

But Freddie blocks like a mofo. Either picking up a blitzer or as a lead blocker, he hits like a FB.

With a little imagination, you can come up with some deadly combinations.

Every time Freddy gets the ball and takes it 8 yards into the secondary I'm disappointed. Disappointed it wasn't CJ that got that hole, because it would have been a TD.

But CJ doesn't get holes like that.

Nobody does.

Freddy is magic, he plods along waiting patiently for the hole to open up, and then he sneaks through makes a few tacklers miss and gets an easy 8 yard gain. If he had CJ's speed he'd be the greatest RB of all time. He's my favorite player and it makes me sad to think he won't ever get to play in a playoff game.

MikeInRoch
09-12-2013, 08:30 AM
One podcast I listen to regularly describes Freddy's running style as "like water". He finds any little crack and seeps through for a gain you didn't think was there.

better days
09-12-2013, 09:40 AM
One podcast I listen to regularly describes Freddy's running style as "like water". He finds any little crack and seeps through for a gain you didn't think was there.

Which podcast is that Mike? I'd like to give it a listen.

cookie G
09-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Every time Freddy gets the ball and takes it 8 yards into the secondary I'm disappointed. Disappointed it wasn't CJ that got that hole, because it would have been a TD.

But CJ doesn't get holes like that.

Nobody does.

Freddy is magic, he plods along waiting patiently for the hole to open up, and then he sneaks through makes a few tacklers miss and gets an easy 8 yard gain. If he had CJ's speed he'd be the greatest RB of all time. He's my favorite player and it makes me sad to think he won't ever get to play in a playoff game.

There's always been some Marcu Allen to his inside running style. Nice glide, forward lean, knows how to adjust without simply bouncing it outside.

BTW,

The Hit (left side of the O line, Chandler Jones is the RDE).

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Buffalo-Bills-quarterback-EJ-Manuel-18-yard-touchdown-pass-to-Robert-Woods/f75ccc6a-a8d3-4ae3-9729-9ba528be5002

That's what Ronnie Lott used to call a Whew hit because the crowd would go "whew".

MikeInRoch
09-12-2013, 10:07 AM
It's The Audible, by the guys who do the footballguys.com website. It's really fantasy football focused, but they love Freddie.

OpIv37
09-12-2013, 10:38 AM
The WGR analysis is a bit one sided- "the play worked but CJ missed the lane or EJ Missed the throw." And he focused on plays where Buffalo at least did something right. I'd rather see what the Bills can do to fix the plays that got completely blown up.

Still, I like the breakdown and seeing the design of the plays. I'll definitely be reading that every week.

MidnightVoice
09-12-2013, 10:41 AM
He's my favorite player and it makes me sad to think he won't ever get to play in a playoff game.

Go Kohawks!!!

stuckincincy
09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
There's always been some Marcus Allen to his inside running style. Nice glide, forward lean, knows how to adjust without simply bouncing it outside.

That's high, and deserved praise for Fred. Allen was a marvelous football player. Nice to see his name mentioned.

DraftBoy
09-12-2013, 11:29 AM
It's The Audible, by the guys who do the footballguys.com website. It's really fantasy football focused, but they love Freddie.

Sigmund Bloom is a wonderful fellow for the record.

MikeInRoch
09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I've subscribed to their website and listening for quite a few years now. I've never been disappointed.

DraftBoy
09-13-2013, 08:48 AM
I always enjoy this kind of analysis (for the record Chris Brown of Smart Football and Grantland does it better than anybody) and I read most of White's articles last year. He's gotten much better at understanding schemes and breaking down play successes and failures in a short period of time. Really enjoyable read.