X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Cap Room as if 9/11/13

NFL players releases a public report 4 times a day and the latest has the Bills $19.12 million under with 67 total contracts (plus dead cap from players no longer with team)

Discuss
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: Cap Room as if 9/11/13

Cool
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Unfortunately there aren't really any players out there now worth blowing any cap room on. They just aren't going to make the Bills any better.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

But we couldn't afford Levitre or any FA's who may have helped...

But Ralph's not cheap....
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

All the decent proven veterans willing to take cheap deals for one or two years and all we got was Lawson and McKelvin. But hey we have almost 20 million in cap room to spare.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Remember that cap space can be carried over into next cap year

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

But Russ's not cheap....
              Fixed it

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Too bad we couldn't have front loaded a Byrd deal.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                  Front loading 100 pounds when he wants a ton still doesn't get it done.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

let's see. We didn't pay for player yet some people argue we overpaid for Wood, Mckelvin , Lawson.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

Dude, it isn't about affording them. Why strap a future year with an over priced GUARD? The money can be rolled over, rather than way overspent on weak free agents before the new coach even has a chance to adequately identify roster needs.

If they would have spent it you'd be *****ing twice as bad later.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                        So he he could stand on the sidelines with bad feet, sporting a bigger money belt.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

I highly doubt buffalo is going to be active in FA and do anything that resembles what the skins and now the phins are doing.

I think we are going to let some guys walk like Levitre but work to retain certain core young guys.

I know everyone is still mad about Levitre but lets be honest we can draft a guard in the middle rounds and he will be sevicable. Especially if Wood and Glenn turn out to be elite. I am more concerned about RT, I am all for drafting an elite tackle in this years draft.

Two guys we will probably extend towards end of the year if they play well are Carrington and Chandler.

Also this offseason they have to decide whether to use the 5 year option on Dareus which is the average of top 10 DTs salary. I know he is going into year 3 and has a 4 year deal, but teams have to decide after year 3 if they will exercise the option year or not.

Lastly have to assume they are going to want to extend Spiller as well so in actuality 20 million is not that much.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                            Front loading 100 pounds when he wants a ton still doesn't get it done.
                            Yeah, and there's a point at which front loading becomes a questionable policy as well. For instance, if Byrd wanted 40M over 4 years, and you pay him 25M this year because, hey we have the space, and then he gets a career altering injury (or kills his friend Odin) and you have to release him next year . . . you paid a safety 25M for one year. Alternatively, these guys have a penchant for what-have-you-done-for me-lately. Three years from now when Byrd is looking at his 5m paycheck, he's going to be feeling a little underpaid, despite the fact that he got a big chunk in year 1
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                              Dude, it isn't about affording them. Why strap a future year with an over priced GUARD? The money can be rolled over, rather than way overspent on weak free agents before the new coach even has a chance to adequately identify roster needs.

If they would have spent it you'd be *****ing twice as bad later.
                              Please. $19 million.

I'm not saying they have to spend right up to the cap or go after every big name FA, but don't tell me that there is nothing they could do with that money that would have helped the team.

As far as Levitre- well, Colin Brown got rated the worst player in the entire NFL in week 1. We spent a high draft pick on Levitre just a few years ago. Now, we have replace him with another draft pick or FA, which means NOT using that draft pick or FA money on another position of need (of which we still have many).

You are witnessing the never-ending rebuilding cycle: this team always creates new holes before the current holes are ever addressed.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X