PDA

View Full Version : Nigel has charges dropped

Skooby
09-11-2013, 07:44 PM
http://apne.ws/18VKjvd
A judge has dropped a marijuana possession charge against Buffalo Bills linebacker Nigel Bradham provided he stays out of trouble for six months.Bradham was given an appearance ticket for unlawful possession last month in the Buffalo suburb of Tonawanda after he was stopped early on a Saturday morning and an officer smelled marijuana.
Police say Bradham turned over a baggy containing a small amount of the drug. There was no indication he had been using it while driving.

OpIv37
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Good for the judge for not punishing him- possession shouldn't even be a crime. We've got far bigger problems to worry about in terms of crime.

That being said, Nigel has to get his head on straight. My personal feelings about marijuana aside (and his, apparently), having it is still against the law and against NFL rules. If he gets busted again he'll hurt the team. The dude will likely be out of the league in 5 years- 10 if he turns out to have a really good career. Then he can smoke all the weed he wants.

Mace
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Good to see, but it still really aggravates me that he couldn't have stayed home, not driven, or abstained on the edge of breaking through in his career which won't be measured in 20 years and a pension plan to dude up the extra room in his apartment with a black light, hoping to afford some cool ranch doritos.

HAMMER
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I will blaze one in your honor Nigel.

TigerJ
09-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I hope he regards this as a lucky break and resolves to keep his nose clean as a result. I hope he doesn't begin to get a sense that because he's in the NFL he can get away with anything he does. If that happens he'll keep on doing stuff until he gets caught and can't wriggle out of it.

better days
09-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Good for the judge for not punishing him- possession shouldn't even be a crime. We've got far bigger problems to worry about in terms of crime.

That being said, Nigel has to get his head on straight. My personal feelings about marijuana aside (and his, apparently), having it is still against the law and against NFL rules. If he gets busted again he'll hurt the team. The dude will likely be out of the league in 5 years- 10 if he turns out to have a really good career. Then he can smoke all the weed he wants.

Even though he was not charged, he probably triggered the NFL drug abuse policy & will be tested in the future at random times.

Skooby
09-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Nigel's mind....Time to celebrate.

Skooby
09-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I will blaze one in your honor Nigel. Nice.

stuckincincy
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Here's the most recent update of PTF's Police Blotter (formerly titled, "The Turd Watch"):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/

TacklingDummy
09-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Damn, didn't see thread.
Should have known better.
Sorry.

BuffRanger
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
What an unbelievable waste of time and money for a small amount of marijuana to even lead to this. Cops get paid to enforce this. Judges get paid to rule on this. And for the poor bastards that actually have to go to jail, don't even want to know how much that costs. This is our tax money paying for this nonsense. Absolutely ridiculous.