PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs. Panthers... Big game for Stevie?

X-Era
09-12-2013, 06:00 AM
The Panthers run the Cover 2 a lot. They have a strong DL and good pass rush with Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. We may struggle to run the ball a bit. That may mean we need to throw more often. The Cover 2 has a weakness in the seems and flats (Bills fans should already know this).

So, I'm thinking we could see lot's of throws to Stevie in the slot and dump passes to CJ and Freddy. TE's should see the ball too. It wouldn't surprise me to see our RB's get more pass yards than rush yards. Stevie may have a very good day with lot's of throws his way. This is the sort of defense that a slot receiver should be able to exploit. Stevie was branded as ideal for the slot due to his ability to get open with his non-traditional routes. I don't think we'll see a break out game from EJ. More like keep the chains moving, short throws. I think the overall yards could be low.

This is a winnable game if our defense can stop Newton IMO.

Just my thoughts

Beebe's Kid
09-12-2013, 08:00 AM
As long as they don't throw to him in crunch time.

Historian
09-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Trade him to Calgary for a grey cup....

Pinkerton Security
09-12-2013, 08:19 AM
As long as they don't throw to him in crunch time.
Bazinga!

Seriously though, the Panthers dont have elite DBs. I think, as the OP said, if we can control Newton, this is def winnable

mayotm
09-12-2013, 08:23 AM
The Panthers run the Cover 2 a lot. They have a strong DL and good pass rush with Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. We may struggle to run the ball a bit. That may mean we need to throw more often. The Cover 2 has a weakness in the seems and flats (Bills fans should already know this).

So, I'm thinking we could see lot's of throws to Stevie in the slot and dump passes to CJ and Freddy. TE's should see the ball too. It wouldn't surprise me to see our RB's get more pass yards than rush yards. Stevie may have a very good day with lot's of throws his way. This is the sort of defense that a slot receiver should be able to exploit. Stevie was branded as ideal for the slot due to his ability to get open with his non-traditional routes. I don't think we'll see a break out game from EJ. More like keep the chains moving, short throws. I think the overall yards could be low.

This is a winnable game if our defense can stop Newton IMO.

Just my thoughtsAgreed. Hopefully, they will open things up some this week. The play calling last week was ultra conservative. I get that they want to bring EJ along somewhat slowly, but they may struggle to run the ball consistenlty against a tough Panthers front seven.