PDA

View Full Version : I want Geno Smith to beat the Pats...

X-Era
09-12-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd enjoy seeing that.

Albany,n.y.
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't. I picked NE in my suicide pool.
I'd rather see Geno Smith looking bad both this week AND NEXT. It's better to have his confidence shot for next Sunday than worrying about NE. We can worry how NE is doing after we're good enough to contend with them. Until we're a contender I have no interest picking teams to root against. You do that when your team is battling the other team for a divisional crown or playoff spot, otherwise what they do is only meaningful to me on how I picked them in my pools.

Dr. Lecter
09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Then you would have to monitor all the morons saying "The Bills took the wrong QB!!!!"

BillsImpossible
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Brady just torched the Jets for the first TD of the game...

Bills didn't look that bad on D all day.

X-Era
09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Then you would have to monitor all the morons saying "The Bills took the wrong QB!!!!"Wait, we monitor that?

:D:

paladin warrior
09-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate Tom.B.. He got big attitude at the ref and he always get mad at the own WR did not catch the ball. WTF his problem??

THRILLHO
09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I would want the Pats to lose just in case we somehow manage to stumble into ten wins and get close to the Pats. Obviously they are the stronger team.

I would want the Jets to lose so that we don't have to deal with every TV show and football article about how we should have drafted Geno. Oh, and I hate the Jets.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 08:47 PM
The Patriots look like ****, lucky they had us and the Jets first two weeks.

I'm less confident in Week 1, we'll find out how much of us "looking good" was because the Pats aren't the same team with a bunch of rookies and Edelman catching balls.

mayotm
09-12-2013, 08:56 PM
The Patriots look like ****, lucky they had us and the Jets first two weeks.

I'm less confident in Week 1, we'll find out how much of us "looking good" was because the Pats aren't the same team with a bunch of rookies and Edelman catching balls.
They do look bad, but they had Amendola against the Bills.

mjt328
09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Why don't teams EVER play close to the line on New England's slot receivers? Or maybe try to jump a route? Welker, Amendola, Edelman... That player is ALWAYS wide open.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Amendola does make a noticeable difference, but the Pats actually do look vulnerable right now. That probably changes when Gronk comes back though.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
At least EJ looks way better than Geno Smith so far

TacklingDummy
09-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Geno and EJ both suck. Matter of fact this whole QB class does.

mayotm
09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I thought you said you were going to stop posting when you are drinking.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 09:19 PM
At least EJ looks way better than Geno Smith so far

How so?

Frenchman
09-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah but Smith is only in his second game. Plus the Jets are playing in the tough Gillette Stadium! Pats win almost all of the time there.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah but Smith is only in his second game.

I didn't realize we were comparing him to a grizzled vet.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to the Matt Barkley obsession?

Crisis
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
How so?

Geno has had a couple nice balls but other than that he's been nothing special. His pocket presence isn't good and is miles behind EJ's vs the same defense.

Geno did just have a nice throw right now

TacklingDummy
09-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I thought you said you were going to stop posting when you are drinking.if its past 8pm I've probably been drinking,

TacklingDummy
09-12-2013, 09:41 PM
What happened to the Matt Barkley obsession?who they heck even drafted him?

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Geno has had a couple nice balls but other than that he's been nothing special. His pocket presence isn't good and is miles behind EJ's vs the same defense.

Geno did just have a nice throw right now

They are both rookies, and i think they are both on the same level.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
They are both rookies, and i think they are both on the same level.except for Geno making the plays in crunch time for his team to win and EJ not.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 09:52 PM
except for Geno making the plays in crunch time for his team to win and EJ not.

He still looks lost at times, im not getting excited.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:33 PM
except for Geno making the plays in crunch time for his team to win and EJ not.

yeah these sure are some game winning interceptions

BillsFever21
09-12-2013, 10:35 PM
I wonder if the Jets lose this game if some here can consider it a "moral victory" for them. They played Brady tougher then we did in New England. If they win then by our standards that would mean that Geno is a franchise QB and the Jets are a team on the rise.

Of course none of this is true but that's what some would be saying about the Bills but at the same time talking about how bad the Jets are compared to us. They obviously must be on the right track after winning in the last second in Week 1 and playing the Pats tough on the road tonight.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:37 PM
I wonder if the Jets lose this game if some here can consider it a "moral victory" for them. They played Brady tougher then we did in New England. If they win then by our standards that would mean that Geno is a franchise QB and the Jets are a team on the rise.

Of course none of this is true but that's what some would be saying about the Bills but at the same time talking about how bad the Jets are compared to us. They obviously must be on the right track after winning in the last second in Week 1 and playing the Pats tough on the road tonight.

I don't buy the moral victory stuff but Geno looks pretty awful to be honest while EJ atleast looked competent. Not to mention I think we win easily if the Pats don't have Vereen/Amendola.

BillsFever21
09-12-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't buy the moral victory stuff but Geno looks pretty awful to be honest. Not to mention I think we win easily if the Pats don't have Vereen/Amendola.

A gimpy Amendola made a ton of big catches against us but Ridley was tearing us apart too. It wouldn't have mattered which one of them were getting the bulk of the carries. Our run defense was awful once again and we couldn't even stop their only target that game who was playing on one leg.

Edelman also has 13 receptions tonight which isn't too shabby. Funny the Patriots are only 4-18 on 3rd down tonight but we couldn't stop them to save our lives in our own stadium.

It was the same as last year with offenses running all over us and then not being able to get off the field on third down. Until we can somehow correct that then nothing will ever change.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:47 PM
geno smith sucks

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I actually think the Dolphins could win the division this year, just because everyone is so bad

BillsFever21
09-12-2013, 10:51 PM
If Grownkowski can stay healthy when he gets back then the Pats offense will be a lot better. It won't be as great as last year but better then we're seeing right now. Between him and Brady getting more familiar with his WR's will help as the season goes along.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
geno smith sucks

And yet both Geno and EJ will have lost to the Pats by 3, and Geno sucks?

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:55 PM
And yet both Geno and EJ will have lost to the Pats by 3, and Geno sucks?

What's that have to do with how the QB's played? If Geno threw as many TDs as EJ his team would've won. Instead he threw 3 backbreaking INTs, held on to the ball too long, couldn't keep track of the play clock.

The only thing we accomplished last week was beating up the Pats enough for the Jets to have a chance.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 10:58 PM
A gimpy Amendola made a ton of big catches against us but Ridley was tearing us apart too. It wouldn't have mattered which one of them were getting the bulk of the carries. Our run defense was awful once again and we couldn't even stop their only target that game who was playing on one leg.

Edelman also has 13 receptions tonight which isn't too shabby. Funny the Patriots are only 4-18 on 3rd down tonight but we couldn't stop them to save our lives in our own stadium.

It was the same as last year with offenses running all over us and then not being able to get off the field on third down. Until we can somehow correct that then nothing will ever change.

Yeah but there's nobody behind Edelman with Amendola out. They went from 2 productive receivers to one, and lost Vereen who is a very good receiving back and also went over 100 yards on the ground.

Honestly the Pats look like **** though and we should've still beat them. The defense looks alright but they've played two weak and young offenses.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 10:59 PM
What's that have to do with how the QB's played? If Geno threw as many TDs as EJ his team would've won. Instead he threw 3 backbreaking INTs, held on to the ball too long, couldn't keep track of the play clock.

The only thing we accomplished last week was beating up the Pats enough for the Jets to have a chance.

Yeah, thats it.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, thats it.

15/35 215 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 4 sacks

18/27 150 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks

Please, I'm not even much of an EJ fan but it's not even close.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2013, 11:04 PM
15/35 215 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 4 sacks

18/27 150 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks

Please, I'm not even much of an EJ fan but it's not even close.

They both have Sanchez stats, and trust me, i am no Geno fan.

Oaf
09-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah but there's nobody behind Edelman with Amendola out. They went from 2 productive receivers to one, and lost Vereen who is a very good receiving back and also went over 100 yards on the ground.

Honestly the Pats look like **** though and we should've still beat them. The defense looks alright but they've played two weak and young offenses.

That's why I'm so pissed it's 16 weeks till we get another shot. We all know we're going to get blown out then.

Mad Max
09-12-2013, 11:10 PM
it's obviously way too early in their careers to crown or indict either EJ or Geno, but as a guy who was a much bigger fan of Geno than EJ in college (read I didn't like EJ at all) I gotta say I'f we had to draft one of them then I'm glad we took EJ. Presence, poise, arm...EJ. Anyway I think the only thing that's a near certainty is unsexy Rexy's tv time's almost up in the Big Apple, he made as many WTF decisions as Jauron used to make.

Mad Max
09-12-2013, 11:13 PM
They both have Sanchez stats, and trust me, i am no Geno fan.As mediocre as Sanchez is, if he plays tonight the Jets win.

better days
09-12-2013, 11:17 PM
To me Geno looks a lot like Fitz. Gives the Pats* the game in crunch time.

And I loved that it poured rained on Bruski's parade.

BleedinGreenNC
09-13-2013, 06:03 AM
As mediocre as Sanchez is, if he plays tonight the Jets win.

I was thinking that at one point during the game, then i threw up.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2013, 06:38 AM
if its past 8pm I've probably been drinking,
PM?

don137
09-13-2013, 06:46 AM
I hate Tom.B.. He got big attitude at the ref and he always get mad at the own WR did not catch the ball. WTF his problem??

Sounds like Marino when he played. Always whining about something.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:30 AM
PM?
Yeah sucka, AM would make me an Alcoholic.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:31 AM
yeah these sure are some game winning interceptions

Last week, Geno proved this week he sucks.

better days
09-13-2013, 07:33 AM
I have been saying Brady can not do it alone & I have been proven right. I don't want to hear anymore talk that Brady can make even poor players look like pro bowl players.

NO long drives for TD's in either game. 36 points TOTAL for both games. Brady & the Pats* are used to putting up that many points in one game.

And Brady threw for less than 50% against the Jets. He sure does not look like one of the GREATEST of all time so far this year.

Yes the Pats* are 2-0 in the division, but I don't think they are a lock to win it.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:34 AM

Or the Jets D is better than the Bills D and held the Pats to only 13 points.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes the Pats* are 2-0 in the division, but I don't think they are a lock to win it.

Well its not going to be the Bills or Jets, you thinking the Dolphins have a chance?

better days
09-13-2013, 07:37 AM

Pats* were at home. No Amendola & no Vereen. The Jets have a good defense, but the Bills played the Pats* tough.

better days
09-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Well its not going to be the Bills or Jets, you thinking the Dolphins have a chance?

Hell yes I think the Fins have a chance.......................as well as the Bills & the Jets.

Kenny
09-13-2013, 07:46 AM

They might be better, but the score last night isnt really any indication of that. Dobson and Thompkins were terrible, and Edeleman and 18targets with 13catches and only 78yards (I think that might be a record for least yards with that many catches!).
Obviously our D got torched by whoever wanted to run the ball last week, but at the end, it was Amendola that sealed it.

Any offense whatsoever, and the Jets would have won it. I really do think we would have beaten the Patriots last night under the same cicumstances last night

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Hell yes I think the Fins have a chance.......................as well as the Bills & the Jets.

The Pats will probably go 5-1 or 4-2 in the division.
They also play Atlanta, Tampa, Cincy, New Orleans, Steelers, Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Browns, Ravens.
I can see them going 5-5 in that stretch, finishing either 10-6 or 9-7.
You think the Jets and Bills can win 9 or 10 games?

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Any offense whatsoever, and the Jets would have won it. I really do think we would have beaten the Patriots last night under the same cicumstances last night

I guess the Pats have the luxury of having a good defense (Jets 10 points, Bills 14 points) while their offense tries to figure things out.

better days
09-13-2013, 07:59 AM
The Pats will probably go 5-1 or 4-2 in the division.
They also play Atlanta, Tampa, Cincy, New Orleans, Steelers, Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Browns, Ravens.
I can see them going 5-5 in that stretch, finishing either 10-6 or 9-7.
You think the Jets and Bills can win 9 or 10 games?

Time will tell. I think both EJ & Geno have to improve a lot, but as Coach Marrone said, players can get better over time.

The Pats* may go 5-5 in that stretch or they may go 2-8 & finish 8-8 or 7-9.

Why not the Bills right here right now? Learn to love this team & this time.

​And screw the Panthers & screw the 2-14 crowd.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2013, 08:05 AM
​And screw the Panthers & screw the 2-14 crowd.
If I could screw myself I wouldn't of married.