PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel's First Win Comes This Sunday

BillsImpossible
09-12-2013, 09:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/50617/carolina-secondary-not-efficient

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/car/carolina-panthers)' secondary is picking up where it left off last season -- and that's not a good thing.

Carolina had the league's worst opponent-completion percentage last season at 66.8. One week into this season, after Seattle's Russell Wilson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson) completed 25-of-33 attempts for a 75.8 success rate, the Panthers are ahead of only Chicago (78.8) and Oakland (78.3).

Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills) rookie quarterback EJ Manuel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel) must be licking his chops in anticipation of Sunday's game visit from the Panthers.
----------------------

Buffalonians won't know what to do with themselves.

Success? Something much better than average? A winning team?

What's that?

Get used to it and get ready to handle success once again, Buffalo. We had it before, and it's coming right around the corner.

Let go of the past. Enough of the, "I knew we would lose," mentality. Let it go.

The future is now. "BACK To The Future...." (Movie pun intended).

Kiss it, and $u!k the past!

Looking forward, to a win on Sunday.

Crisis
09-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Didn't you start this exact same thread last week?

Thurmal
09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Your optimism is admirable, I'll give you that.

You don't see why people are pessimistic? When Manuel hit Woods to close the half at 17-14, I said to my dad (who I was watching the game with), "They're playing their hearts out; it will suck when we lose this game in heartbreaking fashion!"

I was being not only positive (I loved seeing the Bills fight back), but completely serious. I knew the Bills would blow it, but, there is still a small part of me that thinks, maybe, "this could be the turning point." I thought the same thing as a teenager when Rob Johnson led a great comeback against the KC Chiefs, scoring himself on the game-winning drive with seconds left. I hate to admit it, but I was hoping for a paw to come out and block Gostkowski's game-winner. I am completely disillusioned, but still hopeful.

To make a long story short, they still found a way to lose. Like they always do. If they win against Carolina this weekend, it will be awesome. I'll talk myself into a possible resurgence, but we both know, deep down, it's not gonna happen.

Oaf
09-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Winning against Carolina at home does not mark a resurgence. We still haven't beat a team with a top 15 QB since the last time we beat the Patriots.

DBrown77
09-13-2013, 06:35 AM
I live outside Charlotte and the local radio is basically guaranteeing a win for Carolina. More than once they said they cannot see how they lose this game. They are giving zero respect to Buffalo.

I am not sure why they are so confident as Carolina has a lot of the same issues as we do.

Look for Chandler to have a big week too. Carolina always struggles vs. the TE

better days
09-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Winning against Carolina at home does not mark a resurgence. We still haven't beat a team with a top 15 QB since the last time we beat the Patriots.

Well, even if we beat the Pats* in the first game, we would not have beaten a top 15 QB this year.

OpIv37
09-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, even if we beat the Pats* in the first game, we would not have beaten a top 15 QB this year.

Yeah, lets just ignore the past dozen years because of the last two games.... :rollleyes:

better days
09-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Yeah, lets just ignore the past dozen years because of the last two games.... :rollleyes:

This is a NEW YEAR. And so far THIS YEAR. Brady is NOT a top 15 QB. Yes, you can ignore the past dozen years, they mean NOTHING this year.

And I told you Brady can not do it alone, I was RIGHT.

OpIv37
09-13-2013, 08:18 AM
This is a NEW YEAR. And so far THIS YEAR. Brady is NOT a top 15 QB. Yes, you can ignore the past dozen years, they mean NOTHING this year.

And I told you Brady can not do it alone, I was RIGHT.
Lmao- first, it's only been two games and the Pats won both of them.

Second, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You said all off season how bad the Pats WR's are and even said here that Brady can't do it alone, but then you say Brady's not a top 15 QB even after you say that the WR's are the problem.

2 games is not a sufficient sample size, especially when you have 12 years of success leading into them. Brady might not be a top 15 QB after 2 games THIS year, but you are biased and naive if you don't see that he is still a top 5 QB in this league.

Finally, you have a lot if bravado claiming to be right about the Pats' demise when they are 2-0 with two div wins.

better days
09-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Lmao- first, it's only been two games and the Pats won both of them.

Second, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You said all off season how bad the Pats WR's are and even said here that Brady can't do it alone, but then you say Brady's not a top 15 QB even after you say that the WR's are the problem.

2 games is not a sufficient sample size, especially when you have 12 years of success leading into them. Brady might not be a top 15 QB after 2 games THIS year, but you are biased and naive if you don't see that he is still a top 5 QB in this league.

Finally, you have a lot if bravado claiming to be right about the Pats' demise when they are 2-0 with two div wins.

I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth. NO QB can be top 15 without being surrounded by other GOOD players. NO QB can do it alone. Not even Tom Brady.

Unless that receiver group IMPROVES A LOT, which it can with the return of Amendola & Gronk, (If they both can stay on the field) I don't see Brady being a top 15 QB at the end of the year.

justasportsfan
09-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Brady doesn't have Hernandez, Gronk, Welker. So it's not far fetched to think he won't be as good as he was when Brady had them. He will still be good, but not as good .

HAMMER
09-13-2013, 11:12 AM
It's only a matter of time before Brady gets his receivers trained up, he has a lot left in the tank.

OpIv37
09-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Brady doesn't have Hernandez, Gronk, Welker. So it's not far fetched to think he won't be as good as he was when Brady had them. He will still be good, but not as good .

That's my point- better days said he's not a top 15 QB because he had two bad games (both of which his team still won). That's different than saying he won't be as good with this years receiving options.

justasportsfan
09-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I think the Patriots' demise starts this year.

better days
09-13-2013, 11:39 AM
That's my point- better days said he's not a top 15 QB because he had two bad games (both of which his team still won). That's different than saying he won't be as good with this years receiving options.

I am saying he is not a top 15 QB NOW. He should be by the end of the season, if Gronk & Amendola can play the majority of the season.

OpIv37
09-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I am saying he is not a top 15 QB NOW. He should be by the end of the season, if Gronk & Amendola can play the majority of the season.
See, I think any rankings after two games is irrelevant. Who cares if he's not top 15 right now? Do you think Spiller is one of the worst RB's in the NFL? If you look at this year's stats, he is.

better days
09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
See, I think any rankings after two games is irrelevant. Who cares if he's not top 15 right now? Do you think Spiller is one of the worst RB's in the NFL? If you look at this year's stats, he is.

I was making light of the fact that the Bills have yet to beat a top 15 QB.

You used to have a sense of humor Op.

justasportsfan
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Didn't you start this exact same thread last week?

NO. The other thread was beating the Pats. Duh!

BillsImpossible
09-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Mace
09-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Every time I run this game through the program I wrote based on another program I wrote that read Yahoo News, yes I have a command of technology, it shows the Bills winning 91-10 with a last second field goal by Justin Bieber and Billy Shaw holding off Dick Butkus as Lady Gaga's nails come up just 2 feet too short to stuff the kick and keep it closer.

I show Bill Gates having a stunning game for Carolina though with 141 tackles, 3 touchdowns and 5 field goals despite the 10 point effort.