Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Post Game Comments

Let's get the *****ing out of the way first:
    -Moats Sucks
    -Jerry Hughes sucks
    -The Ghost of Donte Whitner continues to haunt this team. No one can cover a TE.
    -Scott Chandler sucks. Last week he had two penalties and a huge drop. This week he had another huge drop and when he did catch the ball he got easily taken down by DB's half his size. We need a real TE.
    -Robey barely got by this game.
    -The O was inconsistent and put the D in too many bad positions.
    -Still too many penalties. They started solid but fell apart about halfway through the 2nd.
    -How does Carpenter miss a chip shot then come back and hit from 48 and 55? Granted, the 48 yarder was ugly, but there are no additional points for style.
    -one huge mistake by Marrone: 4th and 4 with all 3 timeouts and 2:00 left in the half from no man's land. He should have lined up like they were going for it, gone for the hard count, then called timeout if they didn't jump. Those timeouts went to waste.
    -Aaron Williams acted like a punk. He jumped around like he won the Super Bowl on a second down stop, then commited a personal foul on the following 3rd down play to extend a dead drive. His helmet came off a couple times and he spent as much time as possible walking around the field barking before putting it back on.
    -The officials were atrocious. They completely missed the blatant personal foul against Stevie, and I've never heard of a 5 yard holding call or a 5 yard call giving the other team a first down on 4th and 18. The facemask call against Carolina was a bad one too. The 15 yarder against Aaron Williams was the correct call, but I don't know how they didn't flag Steve Smith for starting a shoving match with the Bills sideline.

Ok, now on to the positive:
    -Holy ****, what a win. It felt great to be on the right side of an improbable comeback for once. Usually we're the ones committing the epic choke- this week we benefited from it.
    -While EJ missed some passes and struggled at times, the poise he showed in this game was incredible. He didn't let the mistakes get to his head. He had a great run and got out of bounds to stop the clock on the 2nd to last play. And the final TD was amazing. Watch it carefully- he looked to his right, then turned and threw to his left. The defenders were on him so he got turned around as he was throwing. Translation: he never saw Stevie. He threw it to a spot and trusted Stevie to be there. It was a veteran play from a guy with a whole 2 games of NFL experience. I don't want to get ahead of myself because we've been here before with Trent and JP, but EJ has shown a lot of poise and talent up to this point. We really can't ask any more out of a guy with so little experience.
    -Stevie Johnson has been anything but clutch so far. But today, he came through. He had 3 catches on the final drive, including the game-winning TD. It was nice to finally see some clutch ability from him.
    -Spiller rebounded nicely from a bad game last week.
    -Fred Jackson is incredibly important to this team. He's the best combination of smarts and talent that we have on this team.
    -I hate rooting for USC guys, but we may have witnessed the emergence of Robert Woods today.
    -Mario Williams- wow. Best game as a Bill by far- and he played well from start to finish. He has a long way to go to prove he's worth what the team is paying him, but he couldn't have been any better today.
    -Kyle Williams had a great game.
    -I tried to focus on Kiko Alonso today. He does a great job of diagnosing plays and shooting the gaps. He doesn't always make the play but he does disrupt a lot of what the offense is trying to do. He's already heads and shoulders above any other LB on this team.
    -McKelvin was solid in coverage again.
    -Despite acting like a punk, Aaron Williams played well at S. Another reinforcement of how bad the previous coaching staff was. Williams was incompetent at corner but has played well at S for two straight games.
    -on the whole, the D was very solid and well ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. They were put in bad positions and kept coming through. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Byrd and Gilmore come back (or at least Gilmore- I have a bad feeling Byrd won't dress for this team again).

DVD Extras (sorry, trap):
    -The Fox announcers sucked. They kept talking about the Bills' struggles in long plays even after they had two plays of 20+ yards and two more of 19 yards.
    -It was nice to see the Bills finally contain a mobile QB.
    -On a personal note, my Jim Kelly jersey is officially cursed. I threw it off in disgust after the second EJ turnover, then the Bills came back. My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.
    -Miami is 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Uggh. But, as much as I hate them, if we can't take the div I'll root for them over the Patriots or Jets.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

Re: Post Game Comments

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    -Holy ****, what a win.

What did you do with OpIv ? Let him go before we call the cops.

Good post.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Forgot one thing: 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the first half, 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the 2nd half. One less timeout late in the 2nd, we lose this game. With a young team, this is great clock management. And it's a vast improvement over Gailey.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

defensive holding has always been 5 yards and automatic first down.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

anything is better than Dierdorphwad!!!!!

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

-Moats Sucks

Agreed with all, but explain the above. I thought Robey (and McK) were great. Moats had a couple great run fits for no gain.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Let's get the *****ing out of the way first:
              -Moats Sucks
              -Jerry Hughes sucks
              -The Ghost of Donte Whitner continues to haunt this team. No one can cover a TE.
              -Scott Chandler sucks. Last week he had two penalties and a huge drop. This week he had another huge drop and when he did catch the ball he got easily taken down by DB's half his size. We need a real TE.
              -The O was inconsistent and put the D in too many bad positions.
              -Still too many penalties. They started solid but fell apart about halfway through the 2nd.
              -How does Carpenter miss a chip shot then come back and hit from 48 and 55? Granted, the 48 yarder was ugly, but there are no additional points for style.
              -one huge mistake by Marrone: 4th and 4 with all 3 timeouts and 2:00 left in the half from no man's land. He should have lined up like they were going for it, gone for the hard count, then called timeout if they didn't jump. Those timeouts went to waste.
              -Aaron Williams acted like a punk. He jumped around like he won the Super Bowl on a second down stop, then commited a personal foul on the following 3rd down play to extend a dead drive. His helmet came off a couple times and he spent as much time as possible walking around the field barking before putting it back on.
              -The officials were atrocious. They completely missed the blatant personal foul against Stevie, and I've never heard of a 5 yard holding call or a 5 yard call giving the other team a first down on 4th and 18. The facemask call against Carolina was a bad one too. The 15 yarder against Aaron Williams was the correct call, but I don't know how they didn't flag Steve Smith for starting a shoving match with the Bills sideline.

-Holy ****, what a win. It felt great to be on the right side of an improbable comeback for once. Usually we're the ones committing the epic choke- this week we benefited from it.
              -While EJ missed some passes and struggled at times, the poise he showed in this game was incredible. He didn't let the mistakes get to his head. He had a great run and got out of bounds to stop the clock on the 2nd to last play. And the final TD was amazing. Watch it carefully- he looked to his right, then turned and threw to his left. The defenders were on him so he got turned around as he was throwing. Translation: he never saw Stevie. He threw it to a spot and trusted Stevie to be there. It was a veteran play from a guy with a whole 2 games of NFL experience. I don't want to get ahead of myself because we've been here before with Trent and JP, but EJ has shown a lot of poise and talent up to this point. We really can't ask any more out of a guy with so little experience.
              -Stevie Johnson has been anything but clutch so far. But today, he came through. He had 3 catches on the final drive, including the game-winning TD. It was nice to finally see some clutch ability from him.
              -Spiller rebounded nicely from a bad game last week.
              -Fred Jackson is incredibly important to this team. He's the best combination of smarts and talent that we have on this team.
              -I hate rooting for USC guys, but we may have witnessed the emergence of Robert Woods today.
              -Mario Williams- wow. Best game as a Bill by far- and he played well from start to finish. He has a long way to go to prove he's worth what the team is paying him, but he couldn't have been any better today.
              -Kyle Williams had a great game.
              -I tried to focus on Kiko Alonso today. He does a great job of diagnosing plays and shooting the gaps. He doesn't always make the play but he does disrupt a lot of what the offense is trying to do. He's already heads and shoulders above any other LB on this team.
              -McKelvin was solid in coverage again.
              -Despite acting like a punk, Aaron Williams played well at S. Another reinforcement of how bad the previous coaching staff was. Williams was incompetent at corner but has played well at S for two straight games.
              -on the whole, the D was very solid and well ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. They were put in bad positions and kept coming through. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Byrd and Gilmore come back (or at least Gilmore- I have a bad feeling Byrd won't dress for this team again).

DVD Extras (sorry, trap):
              -The Fox announcers sucked. They kept talking about the Bills' struggles in long plays even after they had two plays of 20+ yards and two more of 19 yards.
              -It was nice to see the Bills finally contain a mobile QB.
              -On a personal note, my Jim Kelly jersey is officially cursed. I threw it off in disgust after the second EJ turnover, then the Bills came back. My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.
              -Miami is 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Uggh. But, as much as I hate them, if we can't take the div I'll root for them over the Patriots or Jets.
              Don't totally agree with your negatives but I love this post overall.

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

I remember one play in the first half where the Panthers lined up and Mario turned and pointed to Kiko and then the the gap. Newton did his read/option and Mario kept contain on Cam, Cam handed to the RB who ran into the hole where he met Kiko at the LOS. It was cool, because you could see Mario diagnose the play and make sure his LB was on the same page. That's the kind of gap assignment that was non existent last season(s).

Also, McKelvin was more than just solid. He was playing alone for much of the day and got the best of Steve Smith anytime it mattered.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Reality is we have a gamer at QB, so we're going to have growing pains.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.
                    treat it like you do your lucky underwear: never. wash. it. again.
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                      -Moats Sucks

Agreed with all, but explain the above. I thought Robey (and McK) were great. Moats had a couple great run fits for no gain.
                      Moats got beat in coverage by the TE multiple times. Robey got beat a bunch of times but Newton couldn't get him the ball.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fixxxer
                        • Jul 2002

I noticed Moats and Hughes once in coverage where they didn't look like a good fit but other than that I didn't think they sucked today.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

The penalties are the only negative from this game...
                          Great game D, CJ gettin loose, we got a QB... go Bills!
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Forgot one thing: 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the first half, 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the 2nd half. One less timeout late in the 2nd, we lose this game. With a young team, this is great clock management. And it's a vast improvement over Gailey.
                            I think having a fast paced offense helps to eliminate wasting timeouts.

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Moats got beat in coverage by the TE multiple times. Robey got beat a bunch of times but Newton couldn't get him the ball.
                              Olsen isn't exactly a slouch, that was a mismatch as coverage obviously isn't Moats' strength. Might be a decent backup in this system, I'll have to wait to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X