PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Comments

OpIv37
09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Let's get the *****ing out of the way first:
-Moats Sucks
-Jerry Hughes sucks
-The Ghost of Donte Whitner continues to haunt this team. No one can cover a TE.
-Scott Chandler sucks. Last week he had two penalties and a huge drop. This week he had another huge drop and when he did catch the ball he got easily taken down by DB's half his size. We need a real TE.
-Robey barely got by this game.
-The O was inconsistent and put the D in too many bad positions.
-Still too many penalties. They started solid but fell apart about halfway through the 2nd.
-How does Carpenter miss a chip shot then come back and hit from 48 and 55? Granted, the 48 yarder was ugly, but there are no additional points for style.
-one huge mistake by Marrone: 4th and 4 with all 3 timeouts and 2:00 left in the half from no man's land. He should have lined up like they were going for it, gone for the hard count, then called timeout if they didn't jump. Those timeouts went to waste.
-Aaron Williams acted like a punk. He jumped around like he won the Super Bowl on a second down stop, then commited a personal foul on the following 3rd down play to extend a dead drive. His helmet came off a couple times and he spent as much time as possible walking around the field barking before putting it back on.
-The officials were atrocious. They completely missed the blatant personal foul against Stevie, and I've never heard of a 5 yard holding call or a 5 yard call giving the other team a first down on 4th and 18. The facemask call against Carolina was a bad one too. The 15 yarder against Aaron Williams was the correct call, but I don't know how they didn't flag Steve Smith for starting a shoving match with the Bills sideline.

Ok, now on to the positive:
-Holy ****, what a win. It felt great to be on the right side of an improbable comeback for once. Usually we're the ones committing the epic choke- this week we benefited from it.
-While EJ missed some passes and struggled at times, the poise he showed in this game was incredible. He didn't let the mistakes get to his head. He had a great run and got out of bounds to stop the clock on the 2nd to last play. And the final TD was amazing. Watch it carefully- he looked to his right, then turned and threw to his left. The defenders were on him so he got turned around as he was throwing. Translation: he never saw Stevie. He threw it to a spot and trusted Stevie to be there. It was a veteran play from a guy with a whole 2 games of NFL experience. I don't want to get ahead of myself because we've been here before with Trent and JP, but EJ has shown a lot of poise and talent up to this point. We really can't ask any more out of a guy with so little experience.
-Stevie Johnson has been anything but clutch so far. But today, he came through. He had 3 catches on the final drive, including the game-winning TD. It was nice to finally see some clutch ability from him.
-Spiller rebounded nicely from a bad game last week.
-Fred Jackson is incredibly important to this team. He's the best combination of smarts and talent that we have on this team.
-I hate rooting for USC guys, but we may have witnessed the emergence of Robert Woods today.
-Mario Williams- wow. Best game as a Bill by far- and he played well from start to finish. He has a long way to go to prove he's worth what the team is paying him, but he couldn't have been any better today.
-Kyle Williams had a great game.
-I tried to focus on Kiko Alonso today. He does a great job of diagnosing plays and shooting the gaps. He doesn't always make the play but he does disrupt a lot of what the offense is trying to do. He's already heads and shoulders above any other LB on this team.
-McKelvin was solid in coverage again.
-Despite acting like a punk, Aaron Williams played well at S. Another reinforcement of how bad the previous coaching staff was. Williams was incompetent at corner but has played well at S for two straight games.
-on the whole, the D was very solid and well ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. They were put in bad positions and kept coming through. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Byrd and Gilmore come back (or at least Gilmore- I have a bad feeling Byrd won't dress for this team again).

DVD Extras (sorry, trap):
-The Fox announcers sucked. They kept talking about the Bills' struggles in long plays even after they had two plays of 20+ yards and two more of 19 yards.
-It was nice to see the Bills finally contain a mobile QB.
-On a personal note, my Jim Kelly jersey is officially cursed. I threw it off in disgust after the second EJ turnover, then the Bills came back. My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.
-Miami is 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Uggh. But, as much as I hate them, if we can't take the div I'll root for them over the Patriots or Jets.

kishoph
09-15-2013, 05:16 PM
-Holy ****, what a win.

What did you do with OpIv ? Let him go before we call the cops.

Good post. :posrep:

OpIv37
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Forgot one thing: 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the first half, 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the 2nd half. One less timeout late in the 2nd, we lose this game. With a young team, this is great clock management. And it's a vast improvement over Gailey.

billsburgh
09-15-2013, 05:20 PM
defensive holding has always been 5 yards and automatic first down.

Typ0
09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
anything is better than Dierdorphwad!!!!!

Oaf
09-15-2013, 05:41 PM
-Moats Sucks

Agreed with all, but explain the above. I thought Robey (and McK) were great. Moats had a couple great run fits for no gain.

X-Era
09-15-2013, 05:41 PM
-Moats Sucks
-Jerry Hughes sucks
-The Ghost of Donte Whitner continues to haunt this team. No one can cover a TE.
-Scott Chandler sucks. Last week he had two penalties and a huge drop. This week he had another huge drop and when he did catch the ball he got easily taken down by DB's half his size. We need a real TE.
-Still too many penalties. They started solid but fell apart about halfway through the 2nd.
-How does Carpenter miss a chip shot then come back and hit from 48 and 55? Granted, the 48 yarder was ugly, but there are no additional points for style.
-one huge mistake by Marrone: 4th and 4 with all 3 timeouts and 2:00 left in the half from no man's land. He should have lined up like they were going for it, gone for the hard count, then called timeout if they didn't jump. Those timeouts went to waste.
-Aaron Williams acted like a punk. He jumped around like he won the Super Bowl on a second down stop, then commited a personal foul on the following 3rd down play to extend a dead drive. His helmet came off a couple times and he spent as much time as possible walking around the field barking before putting it back on.
-The officials were atrocious. They completely missed the blatant personal foul against Stevie, and I've never heard of a 5 yard holding call or a 5 yard call giving the other team a first down on 4th and 18. The facemask call against Carolina was a bad one too. The 15 yarder against Aaron Williams was the correct call, but I don't know how they didn't flag Steve Smith for starting a shoving match with the Bills sideline.

-Holy ****, what a win. It felt great to be on the right side of an improbable comeback for once. Usually we're the ones committing the epic choke- this week we benefited from it.
-While EJ missed some passes and struggled at times, the poise he showed in this game was incredible. He didn't let the mistakes get to his head. He had a great run and got out of bounds to stop the clock on the 2nd to last play. And the final TD was amazing. Watch it carefully- he looked to his right, then turned and threw to his left. The defenders were on him so he got turned around as he was throwing. Translation: he never saw Stevie. He threw it to a spot and trusted Stevie to be there. It was a veteran play from a guy with a whole 2 games of NFL experience. I don't want to get ahead of myself because we've been here before with Trent and JP, but EJ has shown a lot of poise and talent up to this point. We really can't ask any more out of a guy with so little experience.
-Stevie Johnson has been anything but clutch so far. But today, he came through. He had 3 catches on the final drive, including the game-winning TD. It was nice to finally see some clutch ability from him.
-Fred Jackson is incredibly important to this team. He's the best combination of smarts and talent that we have on this team.
-I hate rooting for USC guys, but we may have witnessed the emergence of Robert Woods today.
-Mario Williams- wow. Best game as a Bill by far- and he played well from start to finish. He has a long way to go to prove he's worth what the team is paying him, but he couldn't have been any better today.
-I tried to focus on Kiko Alonso today. He does a great job of diagnosing plays and shooting the gaps. He doesn't always make the play but he does disrupt a lot of what the offense is trying to do. He's already heads and shoulders above any other LB on this team.
-Despite acting like a punk, Aaron Williams played well at S. Another reinforcement of how bad the previous coaching staff was. Williams was incompetent at corner but has played well at S for two straight games.
-on the whole, the D was very solid and well ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. They were put in bad positions and kept coming through. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Byrd and Gilmore come back (or at least Gilmore- I have a bad feeling Byrd won't dress for this team again).

-The Fox announcers sucked. They kept talking about the Bills' struggles in long plays even after they had two plays of 20+ yards and two more of 19 yards.
-On a personal note, my Jim Kelly jersey is officially cursed. I threw it off in disgust after the second EJ turnover, then the Bills came back. My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.
-Miami is 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Uggh. But, as much as I hate them, if we can't take the div I'll root for them over the Patriots or Jets.Don't totally agree with your negatives but I love this post overall.

jimmifli
09-15-2013, 05:42 PM
I remember one play in the first half where the Panthers lined up and Mario turned and pointed to Kiko and then the the gap. Newton did his read/option and Mario kept contain on Cam, Cam handed to the RB who ran into the hole where he met Kiko at the LOS. It was cool, because you could see Mario diagnose the play and make sure his LB was on the same page. That's the kind of gap assignment that was non existent last season(s).

Also, McKelvin was more than just solid. He was playing alone for much of the day and got the best of Steve Smith anytime it mattered.

Skooby
09-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Reality is we have a gamer at QB, so we're going to have growing pains.

Meathead
09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
My new lucky shirt: the Captain Morgan T-shirt I had under it, that I got for free at the Baltimore Rum and Reggae festival last year.

treat it like you do your lucky underwear: never. wash. it. again.

OpIv37
09-15-2013, 05:50 PM
-Moats Sucks

Agreed with all, but explain the above. I thought Robey (and McK) were great. Moats had a couple great run fits for no gain.

Moats got beat in coverage by the TE multiple times. Robey got beat a bunch of times but Newton couldn't get him the ball.

Fixxxer
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM
I noticed Moats and Hughes once in coverage where they didn't look like a good fit but other than that I didn't think they sucked today.

GvilleBills
The penalties are the only negative from this game...
Great game D, CJ gettin loose, we got a QB... go Bills!

Ed
Forgot one thing: 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the first half, 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the 2nd half. One less timeout late in the 2nd, we lose this game. With a young team, this is great clock management. And it's a vast improvement over Gailey.
I think having a fast paced offense helps to eliminate wasting timeouts.

JCBills
09-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Moats got beat in coverage by the TE multiple times. Robey got beat a bunch of times but Newton couldn't get him the ball.

Olsen isn't exactly a slouch, that was a mismatch as coverage obviously isn't Moats' strength. Might be a decent backup in this system, I'll have to wait to see.

OpIv37
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Olsen isn't exactly a slouch, that was a mismatch as coverage obviously isn't Moats' strength. Might be a decent backup in this system, I'll have to wait to see.

Still waiting to see what Moats' strength is...

jimmifli
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Still waiting to see what Moats' strength is...
Just wait until Favre unretires again.

Owen DeBoard
09-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Wasnt that Rodgers that was getting beat not Robey? Robey did drop a pick six though.

Owen DeBoard
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
I liked how Marrone went for the 2 point conversion on the first TD we scored to tie the game. Havent seen a coach in buffalo do that.

Ed
09-15-2013, 06:49 PM
I liked how Marrone went for the 2 point conversion on the first TD we scored to tie the game. Havent seen a coach in buffalo do that.
Yes! NFL coaches are so unwilling to ever go for anything. It drives me crazy. The commentators were acting like it was too early to go for 2. What's wrong with trying to tie up a close game? If they had just gone for the extra point, this game goes to OT. I love having balls!

Turf
09-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Jesus OP, when reading the positives I almost wanted to cry. Nice job.
We were all right about one thing. A new Defensive Coordinator is making a world of difference. I'm still worried about Hackett on the other side. I'd rather call a good play than just call one real fast.

JCBills
09-15-2013, 07:13 PM
McKelvin has looked good through 2 games. 7 Pass deflections already is impressive, and he kept Steve Smith from having a big game.

kishoph
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
defensive holding has always been 5 yards and automatic first down.

On a punt it's different, if the hold is before the ball is punted, it's 5 yards and an automatic 1st down, if it's after the ball was punted it's just 5 yards.

RedEyE
09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Forgot one thing: 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the first half, 3 timeouts with 2:00 left in the 2nd half. One less timeout late in the 2nd, we lose this game. With a young team, this is great clock management And a vast improvement over Gailey.

I had only one problem with the timeout situation at the end of the game but in the end it didn't come back to haunt them.

Carolina had just gotten the first down at 2:02 on their last drive. I thought Marrone should have called timeout then, at the 2:02 mark, instead of letting the clock run to the two minute warning. Doing so would have forced Carolina to run another play before the warning. This would have left more time on the clock and the Panthers would have run one less play on the southside of the warning.

We are talking about a difference of maybe 5 seconds tops. But it actually all worked itself out so in retrospect l have to give Marrone benefit of the doubt. I was screaming at the TV pretty loud though.

Meathead
09-15-2013, 07:47 PM
mcknumbnuts was pretty close to game mvp today. they put him on an island against ss and he did terrific. thats huge for the defense. nice job melonhead

JCBills
09-15-2013, 07:49 PM
mcknumbnuts was pretty close to game mvp today. they put him on an island against ss and he did terrific. thats huge for the defense. nice job melonhead

With him and Gilmore on the outside for years to come this could be a very good corner tandem.

SquishDaFish
09-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I have to admit McKelvin is making me say Leodis instead of McToast this year so far LOL

Meathead
09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
you know im not one to say i told you so but I DID SOOO FKN TELL YOU PEOPLE lol that mckdufus was playing really well down the stretch last season and should be a solid cb2. well truth be told hes been a solid cb1 since gilmore went out. glad we locked him up before the games started

Meathead
09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
With him and Gilmore on the outside for years to come this could be a very good corner tandem.

hes been so good i keep expecting him to regress at some point. he hasnt been perfect but still playing at a pretty freakin high level for quite a while now

it really is mouth watering to think of him and gilmore both capable of playing shutdown corner for long stretches. could be the best cb tandem weve had around here since winfield and clements

OpIv37
09-15-2013, 07:59 PM
you know im not one to say i told you so but I DID SOOO FKN TELL YOU PEOPLE lol that mckdufus was playing really well down the stretch last season and should be a solid cb2. well truth be told hes been a solid cb1 since gilmore went out. glad we locked him up before the games started

I'm not ready to admit that I was completely wrong on McKelvin just yet, but I will admit that I've been wrong so far. Can't wait to see what happens when Gilmore comes back.

JCBills
09-15-2013, 08:03 PM
He did kick it up last season, and was playing really well in a reduced role 2 years ago. He has always shown the ability to be a good cover corner, now it seems like the errors he made when he was younger aren't showing their head. Even Rogers has played ok.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not ready to admit that I was completely wrong on McKelvin just yet, but I will admit that I've been wrong so far. Can't wait to see what happens when Gilmore comes back.

Hopefully that will turn McKelvin's deflections into INTs when teams are forced to throw his way.

Crisis
09-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Rogers hasn't played OK, he was getting burned all day long... Cam was just missing sans the Ginn TD

JCBills
09-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Rogers hasn't played OK, he was getting burned all day long... Cam was just missing sans the Ginn TD

Ginn is one of the faster players in the NFL. Not the greatest wideout, but not many people can run with him. Rogers has broken up a pass in each game though, and had that INT in the opener. He's not a starter, but there has been good and bad things you can take away from his play.

Jeff1220
09-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe McKelvin is a guy who gets an extension and steps up his play,or Pettine's system and coaching is having a great impact on him. Either way, through recent play, he looks like what we'd expect from a first round pick. If he keeps this level of play up (a long way to go, I know) he'll be in the PB discussion.

Meathead
09-15-2013, 08:37 PM
i honestly think mckdimwits is just so flat out dumb it takes him longer to learn stuff, like a legit learning disability or something. now its what his fourth year and its finally started really clicking for him. better late than never for sure. but thats not why i call him mckstupidpants and stuff, thats cuz im still mad about the fumble and waiting for him to do something to make me forget about that. another day like today with a pick six for the win and thatll probly do it

JCBills
09-15-2013, 08:40 PM
i honestly think mckdimwits is just so flat out dumb it takes him longer to learn stuff, like a legit learning disability or something. now its what his fourth year and its finally started really clicking for him. better late than never for sure. but thats not why i call him mckstupidpants and stuff, thats cuz im still mad about the fumble and waiting for him to do something to make me forget about that. another day like today with a pick six for the win and thatll probly do it

6th season. He has gotten better every season since the fumble IMO.

better days
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
ALL of the Leodis & Mario critics can bite me.

Screw the 2-14 crowd.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Not sure Carolina is that good and we barely squeezed by.

I still stand by my original statement on Cam Newton. He's NOT all that.

BillsFever21
09-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe McKelvin is a guy who gets an extension and steps up his play,or Pettine's system and coaching is having a great impact on him. Either way, through recent play, he looks like what we'd expect from a first round pick. If he keeps this level of play up (a long way to go, I know) he'll be in the PB discussion.

He has been good the first couple games but I'm not getting too far ahead of myself after 5 years of mostly horrible football. He couldn't even crack the starting lineup more then a handful of times the past two years when our CB's were bad to begin with. He will be far away from even a possibility of a PB selection. All we can hope for is him being a reliable #2 to complement Gilmore.

He went up against a rookie in week one when most of the balls were going to the slot WR. This game he did a very good job against Steve Smith though. We will find out as the season progresses when we start our road games and especially when he needs to cover some lethal passing QB's and WR's like with the Falcons and Saints. His first real test will come against the Bengals when he needs to try and cover AJ Green.

jimmifli
09-15-2013, 09:06 PM
How are we on page two without anyone pointing out how totally ****ing worthless Brown is?

better days
09-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Not sure Carolina is that good and we barely squeezed by.

I still stand by my original statement on Cam Newton. He's NOT all that.

Did you make that statement on Cam BEFORE the game?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2013, 09:10 PM
I always liked McKelvin. Let's give Jauron one credit: he knows CBs.

McKelvin can stay with the receivers like the best of them, I can say on that regard he's better than Gilmore. But he's not physical and bad ball skills. The physical part may never come. Ball skills can improve. The most important part ppl scout CBs is if they can stay with receivers and McKelvin has that part on day 1

kingJofNYC

Think he has Rogers and Robey confused.

Robey, all things considered, has been pretty solid. 5'7" corner holding his own.

BillsFever21
How are we on page two without anyone pointing out how totally ****ing worthless Brown is?

Everyone is probably just happy about the victory and isn't paying much attention to it because Spiller had a good game. Brown was totally worthless today and will be a liability as the season goes on. But hey we didn't need Levitre and can find a guard anywhere. Instead we can spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guard next year.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Did you make that statement on Cam BEFORE the game?
When he was drafted. Of course he made me kept my mouth shut for a year, but I maintain my view that in the long run, he's just an average QB.

CoolBreeze
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
I would pay money to see you tell Moats, Hughes and Chandler they suck to their face. My guess is, that your tough on the computer, but in reality you have no balls.
-Moats Sucks
-Jerry Hughes sucks

-Miami is 2-0 with both wins coming on the road. Uggh. But, as much as I hate them, if we can't take the div I'll root for them over the Patriots or Jets.

BillsFever21
09-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I would pay money to see you tell Moats, Hughes and Chandler they suck to their face. My guess is, that your tough on the computer, but in reality you have no balls.

:rofl:

How do you come to the conclusion that somebody is trying to be tough when they mention that a player sucks? This is just too funny. I guess you have never said that a player isn't very good in your life. If you did then I guess that makes you tough on the computer or behind others backs lol.

CoolBreeze
09-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't go on a message board day after day after day and *****,complain and whine. From what I can tell, nobody here has any NFL experience, yet they think they are smarter and more qualified than those who have. No, I'm not tough, I'm slowly dying, and really don't care. I go here to try to get away from the *****ing, yet there's no relief.QUOTE=BillsFever21;3843614]:rofl:

How do you come to the conclusion that somebody is trying to be tough when they mention that a player sucks? This is just too funny. I guess you have never said that a player isn't very good in your life. If you did then I guess that makes you tough on the computer or behind others backs lol.[/QUOTE]

Meathead
09-15-2013, 09:33 PM
yeah thats what professional athletes wanna do, track down twinkies eating basement posters saying they suck

JCBills
09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
ALL of the Leodis & Mario critics can bite me.

Screw the 2-14 crowd.

My dude.

JCBills
09-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Everyone is probably just happy about the victory and isn't paying much attention to it because Spiller had a good game. Brown was totally worthless today and will be a liability as the season goes on. But hey we didn't need Levitre and can find a guard anywhere. Instead we can spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guard next year.

One hole in an otherwise good OL isn't a major concern at this point. This is a young team, and they should be able to get better together. I don't have lofty hopes for this season, but building on what we have over the next few seasons (via the draft, FA) could lead us back to legitimacy.

trapezeus
09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
On a punt it's different, if the hold is before the ball is punted, it's 5 yards and an automatic 1st down, if it's after the ball was punted it's just 5 yards.

I have no issue with this, but to have the refs sit there and discuss it for a significant amount of time means that someone didn't know if it was really before the punt or after. and they erred on the side of giving Carolina a 1st down on a 4th and 18, than erring on the side that a hold occured, but maybe it was worth just redo-ing.

The penalties in this game was brutal. there was zero flow. every time something excited happened, there was a penalty, or a review and a crap load of commericals. Something about htis year, league wide. it is very slow and overly meticulous to still maybe not get the call right.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Don't totally agree with your negatives but I love this post overall.

FJ 2 - 0 X-Era

OpIv37
09-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Arthur? Welcome to the board.

It has nothing to do with being tough. It has to do with commenting on how they play, which is not good.

I don't go on a message board day after day after day and *****,complain and whine. From what I can tell, nobody here has any NFL experience, yet they think they are smarter and more qualified than those who have. No, I'm not tough, I'm slowly dying, and really don't care. I go here to try to get away from the *****ing, yet there's no relief.

Wow, we got a real genius here.

First, funny how you don't think I have the credentials to criticize players, yet you don't call me out for not having the credentials to compliment EJ, Spiller, A Williams, M Williams etc. You only have a problem when I'm stating a truth you don't want to hear.

Second, you call me out for *****ing on a post that was mostly positive. That makes no sense.

Third, if your standard is NFL experience, then why have a message board at all? None of us have NFL experience so, according to you, nothing we say is valid. Might as well shut the forum down. And shut down the Sabres zone while you're at it since none of us are NHL players. And shut down the Spin Zone because none of us have ever held elected office. According to CoolBreeze, none of us are qualified to have opinions.

And finally, you come to a message board devoted to a football team that's been losing for 13 years to ESCAPE *****ing? Ha.

psubills62
09-16-2013, 09:27 PM
the positive:
It felt great
Who are you?

Mouldsie
09-16-2013, 10:09 PM
On top of everything mentioned about the Bills, my takeaway is that Ron Rivera and his staff are clueless.