PDA

View Full Version : EJ first rookie since 1960 to post rating of 89+ in each of 1st 2 gms (105.5, 89.3)

imbondz
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM
that's an even better stat

X-Era
09-16-2013, 06:19 AM
He's 10th in the league in passers rating right now and 5th in completion %.

I'll take it.

Show he's efficient. And it's funny how inaccuracy was supposedly an issue with him.

For me he only needs to do his job at this point with minimal mistakes. But the fact that he won a game for us gives us hope that he can be franchise QB we desperately need.

Historian
09-16-2013, 06:24 AM
He's got that 6th sense that a QB in this league has to have to avoid the rush and protect the ball. (as well as himself)

He's fun to watch.

As the line gets better, so will he.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2013, 08:53 AM
I still have no clue how he got away from that sack in the 3rd quarter (?) and passed the ball to Spiller on the sideline. He was engulfed inside the collapsing pocket.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-16-2013, 08:54 AM
I still have no clue how he got away from that sack in the 3rd quarter (?) and passed the ball to Spiller on the sideline. He was engulfed inside the collapsing pocket.

it's cuz the motherf****** is a huge man. lol

trapezeus
09-16-2013, 01:53 PM
who was the last qb to do it. if he was a legend that that's a really exciting stat. if it's a nobody, then it doesn't really mean much, no?

stuckincincy
09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
My left toe would have impressive numbers under today's don't hit my qb - don't touch my receivers - don't hit any offensive skill player in this or that part of the body - don't put your head down, you running backs to protect yourself from a broken neck - don't use a wedge on a return... :hubba:

PTI
09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I believe you, but is there a link? I want to send it to friends.

Crisis
09-16-2013, 04:07 PM
I hate arbitrary stats like this. 89 is only the cut off because EJ posted that.

trapezeus
09-16-2013, 04:21 PM
exactly crisis. Who is that guy who did it last?

Oaf
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
And it's funny how inaccuracy was supposedly an issue with him.

It is. See deep ball to Graham wk 1, wk 2, the 3rd down before the missed FG to Chandler.

kishoph
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I believe you, but is there a link? I want to send it to friends.

It was on the NFL's twitter account.

You'll probably have to scroll down a bit, because it was posted a while ago.

https://twitter.com/nfl

Johnny Bugmenot
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
He's 10th in the league in passers rating right now and 5th in completion %.

I'll take it.

Show he's efficient. And it's funny how inaccuracy was supposedly an issue with him.
Well, to a certain extent, it still is. He has had serious issues with the long ball so far. The fact that Hackett has been able to minimize those issues so far by emphasizing the short game and the hurry-up is a testament to Hackett.

Turf
09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, to a certain extent, it still is. He has had serious issues with the long ball so far. The fact that Hackett has been able to minimize those issues so far by emphasizing the short game and the hurry-up is a testament to Hackett.

Maybe if Hackett let him air it out he could get it out of his system. Hacketts ultra conservative play calling is keeping us from blowing teams out. Back to back identical run plays from the no huddle that go nowhere? Call a play that works, not just run a play as fast as you can.