PDA

View Full Version : Fess up if you left early today

imbondz
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't understand that. My brother in law was at the game, taking his son to his first Bills game, left early. I was texting another buddy of mine during the game, then when we scored at the end I texted him HOLY @$%@#$%!!!! And he texts back, 'wow, can't wait to see it on Sportscenter, i'm walking to my car right now.'

I understand leaving early if we're getting killed, or we've got a big lead, but not when we're down 3 pts with 5 minutes left, then 6 pts with a minute left.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I stayed.

As for anybody else, I won't comment

BigZ
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll fess up to switching channels when EJ threw the pick in Q4 but quickly switched back to see the interference call and then Stevie's TD. Wonderful to be on the right side of a close game for a change.

jimmifli
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I stayed.

As for anybody else, I won't comment
Spill it. They earned their shame.

imbondz
09-15-2013, 09:10 PM
I'll fess up to switching channels when EJ threw the pick in Q4 but quickly switched back to see the interference call and then Stevie's TD. Wonderful to be on the right side of a close game for a change.

that's not even close to the same thing. when he through the pick, I didn't even react other than to say, ooooooof course. it's a miracle I didn't turn it off right then, but thankfully I heard someone say penalty.

BillsFever21
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Who the hell would leave a game when you're down by less then one score or with 2 minutes left and need a TD to win. What a bunch of idiots.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Spill it. They earned their shame.
If your username rhymes with "Mistorian" and you are often ridiculed by Pmoon about your manhood, you might have left early.

imbondz
09-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Who the hell would leave a game when you're down by less then one score or with 2 minutes left and need a TD to win. What a bunch of idiots.

they were saying on the broadcast that tons of people left, and when EJ was driving, people were running back into the stadium

BillsFever21
09-15-2013, 09:21 PM
they were saying on the broadcast that tons of people left, and when EJ was driving, people were running back into the stadium

Yeah I heard that too. I couldn't believe it and just looked at my dad and friends in amazement. Here the game is close late in the 4th quarter and you're leaving the game.

They must have just assumed the Panthers would score a TD or get another first down and run the clock out the rest of the way on their last drive. At least wait and see before leaving for gods sake. I hope the few minutes they beat traffic by was worth it.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2013, 09:30 PM
I had exited my ps3 browser, and turned off my ps3 as soon as I saw the pick... I had already planned to go eat Indian buffet at some new place that just opened up. Then I thought to myself - "u know, you didnt really wait to see if their was a penalty." But I figured probably not, the way the refs hate us... So I figured, I would wait until I had some chicken Tikka masala or lamb curry in my mouth because the awesome flavor in my mouth would make the ****ty loss somehow bearable - at least temporarily. Then when I had seen that we had one, I just about blew a load right in front of the guy donning a turbine who was serving me my drinks and naan. I'm having raging victory sex tonight.

BertSquirtgum
09-15-2013, 09:40 PM
I slept in and felt great all day as I watched the game on the 50". Better than my seats at the stadium.

Meathead
09-15-2013, 09:45 PM
any sporting event im at and my team is trailing late im doing calculations in my head on whats the absolute last time theres any chance of winning and then leave after that. so like if they score a goal every fifteen seconds they can still tie it, or if they can score a td with the ball on their forty and one play left they can win it

this game never crossed that sure loser threshhold so im positive i would have stayed. that means i get to :lolpoint: mistorian

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I slept in and felt great all day as I watched the game on the 50". Better than my seats at the stadium.

I can say, with 100% certainty, that it was better to be at this game. the atmosphere was incredible

BertSquirtgum
09-15-2013, 10:05 PM
My dumb ass also skipped the Patriots game last year. I usually pick the best games not to go.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Stayed on the same channel. Thinking these dump offs aren't going to move the team far. I will admit that I was waiting for the fumble or INT. When I saw the flag fly I thought well that's it. When I saw EJ throw the TD I was yelling don't drop it Stevie.

THRILLHO
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I was in the break room at work. EJ threw that interception. I threw a tantrum, kicked some chairs, cursed many times, and was halfway out the door when I heard "And there's a flag on the field."

Came back in, watched some magic.

BAM
09-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Anyone that left this game early deserved their punishment: missing an incredible game winning drive by the Bills future. F 'em.

BAM
09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
I almost always watch these games to the end. Unless of course it's 30 points out of reach in the 4th quarter. But yeah I sat there watching... almost certain of the same old outcome of the past decade or so. But this time it was different... and I'm glad I watched. Go Bills.

TigerJ
09-15-2013, 11:36 PM
I confess, I left the TV at the end of the third quarter. My next door neighbor died Wednesday and his funeral was at 4 PM. He was a pretty popular guy in the community, so we figured we'd better get there early enough to get a seat.

BLeonard
09-15-2013, 11:39 PM
I never really understood the whole "leave early to beat the crowd" thought process.

Reason being, if others are thinking that as well and act on it, isn't that entire group of people leaving early "to beat the crowd" in effect, creating a "crowd" themselves?

I can honestly say I've never left a stadium early, whether it be the NFL, MLB, or an Single A ball game here locally. In all that time, the crowd after the event was never really that bad, that I can recall.

-Bill

ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2013, 11:59 PM
I saw the pick and turned it off before seeing the flag. I thought it was over. A few minutes later I got on the laptop and saw what I missed. I spoiled it for myself. :shakeno: The interference caused the pick, too. I would never leave the stadium early when it is a one score game.

Historian
09-16-2013, 05:11 AM
I left early, but I leave early every game...responsibilities and all.

This game had a particular feel to it. A feeling of winnability. (If thats a word)

How many games have the Bills led the whole game, only to lose on the last play. (An opener against the jags about 8 yrs ago comes to mind)

This was the reverse.

Hopefully it is a watershed moment for the franchise.

God knows we deserve it.

But I leave early every game.

Otherwiase, how else would I have gotten to see that hottie ****ting behind the lightpost during the Oakland opener a couple years back?

Skooby
09-16-2013, 05:43 AM
I left early, but I leave early every game...responsibilities and all.

This game had a particular feel to it. A feeling of winnability. (If thats a word)

How many games have the Bills led the whole game, only to lose on the last play. (An opener against the jags about 8 yrs ago comes to mind)

This was the reverse.

Hopefully it is a watershed moment for the franchise.

God knows we deserve it.

But I leave early every game.

Otherwiase, how else would I have gotten to see that hottie ****ting behind the lightpost during the Oakland opener a couple years back?

This of course seems a little difficult to believe until you realize that it all means squat.

Historian
09-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Yes, she literally was squatting.