PDA

View Full Version : Billszone Player of the Week 2

The King
09-16-2013, 07:19 AM
A lot of worthy candidates this week. I'd like to nominate Marrone for the gutsy 55 yarder and 2pt call, but we'll stick with players.

Honorable mention to:

Leodis McKelvin who battled with Steve Smith all game. It was really exciting to watch.
Fred Jackson who continues to shine on 3rd down.
Kyle Williams and Dareus who were much improved against the running game this week.

RedEyE
09-16-2013, 07:25 AM
I'd love to give it to EJ Manuel but Mario had a monster of a game today.

Historian
09-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Voted for Mario, but 55 yards in our stadium is nothing to sneeze at.

And the wind had to be at least 20 knots, blowing across the field from the press box side, towards the north.

Skooby
09-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Mario was Bruce incarnate.

The King
09-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Voted for Mario, but 55 yards in our stadium is nothing to sneeze at.

And the wind had to be at least 20 knots, blowing across the field from the press box side, towards the north.

I honestly thought of Carpenter but him missing the 42 yarder, put him in the situation where the 55 was a must.

imbondz
09-16-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm giving it to EJ. Loved that last drive, and how he handled it. Loved his response. Mario a close second

Buddo
09-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Has to be Mario. Sacking any QB 4.5 times, is a special performance, but if it was anyone else other than Cam, it might have been more. It also needs to be noted, that four and a half sacks, is a franchise record. Most of the sacks came on 3rd downs as well, I believe, and that makes them even more valuable.

Whilst the final drive was good, there were too many other errors to give it to EJ, imho, and it wasn't just the horrible int, or the slack fumble that I'm talking about. He should have hit Chandler for a TD in the first half, but overthrew him, and there were a couple of other errant throws that he could have done a lot better with. Don't get me wrong here, I believe that he can do better, and will do so, and I'm pretty impressed with him so far, and think that he will develop into our starter for years to come, but one game winning drive, isn't a complete performance, whereas what Mario did, to me, pretty much was.

There are lots of 'honorable mentions', Spiller was back to the way he should be, Kyle Williams was around the football an awful lot. McKelvin did well. The 'mighty midget' that is Robey, also was getting his feet wet often. Apart from the inane penalty on Ginn, Aaron Williams played well. Robert Woods started to get more action, and made two great plays - the obvious 2 point catch, but also the sideline catch when EJ was flushed from the pocket, where for a rookie, he did what all good WRs do, and kept himself available, and was even signalling to EJ to get him the ball.
Looks like the coaches also realise that when the going is tough, you keep Fred on the field, as he gets the job done.

Penalties aside, there wasn't too much to dislike about the team yesterday, although Rodgers is not currently good enough to play outside without help.

coastal
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Mario "Real Gold for a week" Williams.

PTI
09-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Leodis was superb yesterday.

The King
09-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Leodis was superb yesterday.
What a turn around for this kid. His resigning is proving to be one of the best offseason moves.

The King
09-17-2013, 04:13 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/mbbedard/Billszone%20Uploads/POW2_zpsb5b8bd38.png

malvado78
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Mario "Real Gold for a week" Williams.

I hope this gets changes to: Mario "Real Gold for 2 weeks" Williams soon...

coastal
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
I hope this gets changes to: Mario "Real Gold for 2 weeks" Williams soon...
Me too... that was a badass performance.

time to punch the jets and Rex Ryan in the mouth!