Kiko Alonso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Kiko Alonso

It's early, but Alonso looks like the best linebacker we've had in a Bills' uniform in a long, long time. The guy is big and fast, with a nose for the ball. He is a special player.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Kiko Alonso

Definitely impresses me with his speed, he flies all over the field and I think that Pettine is a great guy for him to flourish under.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

It's his reads that impress me the most. He's going to continue to get better too. Lawson has helped immensely too, he always seems to be in position.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

He has some great speed and should have had a sack late on Newton as well. But Newton some how evaded his tackle and was able to make something out of nothing on that particular play.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Kiko has a shot to be ROTY, just to be clear here.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Fun to watch....has that Clay Matthews type passion.

The only thing that worries me is his size. Very lean...those guys tend to get injured around here.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He needs help with big DT's in front of him, like most all ILB's. He got washed out on many plays vs. the Pats when they ran up the middle with ease.

Yesterday was a different story and his sideline to sideline pursuit was excellent.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                The only thing that worries me is his size. Very lean...those guys tend to get injured around here.
                Relax. That's what HGH is for.

Comment

Working...
                X