PDA

View Full Version : A Panthers Favor to Bills

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
On the final "game winning" drive... When EJ was intercepted by Jones and Kuechly was flagged for interference... I thought the refs made a mistake by not putting a few seconds back on the clock. But then it dawned on me... regardless of the penalty, the play (and the clock) continues to completion.

And then I realized, if Jones hadn't laid down on the turf, he very well could have run out the clock. In that case, because the game can't end on a defensive penalty, the Bills would have gotten the ball on the 11 yard line with no time on the clock.

Just a "could have been" thought.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2013, 09:11 AM
I thought the refs weren't that great yesterday. We had some very ticky tack calls against us, and they let some calls against the Panthers go. I still think they should've called penalties against all the Panthers going down "injured" between our offensive plays. Seriously? One after another and most of them came back after a couple plays? Did you see that one dude defended a pass in the end zone, got up and walked around totally fine, then sat right down? WTF is that?

Night Train
09-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Even on TV, I could see Mario Williams getting held constantly...just like the Pats game. Amazing he still had 4.5 sacks.

imbondz
09-16-2013, 09:14 AM
can't believe Bruce never had a 4 sack game. I remember him having 5-6 sack games

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Did you see that one dude defended a pass in the end zone, got up and walked around totally fine, then sat right down? WTF is that?Did he ever come back? I thought he may have snapped his achilles.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Even on TV, I could see Mario Williams getting held constantly...just like the Pats game. Amazing he still had 4.5 sacks.Yup... Especially that 1 play where he almost sacked Newton and Newton eventually completed the pass for a big play.

The King
09-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I was thinking the same things on the penalties but I think a majority of those players never came back.

Novacane
09-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Did he ever come back? I thought he may have snapped his achilles.

I thought he was faking it to until they carted him off.

Skooby
09-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I was thinking the same things on the penalties but I think a majority of those players never came back.

That cart trick to delay the game works everytime.

better days
09-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Did he ever come back? I thought he may have snapped his achilles.

The one CB had a legitimate injury with his achilles & will likely miss the rest of the season. The other "injuries" were bogus.

DBrown77
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Godfrey is out for the season with an achilles. It wasnt a fake injury.

Thief
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
That cart trick to delay the game works everytime.lol. Thats all I got.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I thought the refs weren't that great yesterday. We had some very ticky tack calls against us, and they let some calls against the Panthers go. I still think they should've called penalties against all the Panthers going down "injured" between our offensive plays. Seriously? One after another and most of them came back after a couple plays? Did you see that one dude defended a pass in the end zone, got up and walked around totally fine, then sat right down? WTF is that?

That last guy was carted off the field.

kishoph
09-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Yup... Especially that 1 play where he almost sacked Newton and Newton eventually completed the pass for a big play.

That was ridiculous, it was one of the best tackles by the Panthers all day. Also I could not understand why Steve Smith did not recieve a penalty for going into the Bills bench area and pushing Williams. The worse may have been CJ Spiller getting pushed down out of bounds well after the whistle, it's not a matter of how hard he pushed him, the fact is he pushed him and sent him tumbling, then when the officials brought it to the attention of the ref, it was like he didn't want to be bothered, he already made his call. I really believe that when you're a team that has been losing, you don't get any favorable judgements from the officials, where as winning teams such as the Pats, seem to get away with murder.

stuckincincy
09-16-2013, 01:21 PM
CAR was down a starting DB before kick off, then lost starters Josh Thomas and Charley Godfry in the 3rd quarter.

I was surprised when CAR went for the FG at 1:42 in the 4th.

The ball was 4th and 1 at the BUF 21. That was their drive that started at their own 20. A 15 yd pas to their 35, then 9 straight runs to get to BUF's 21. After all that, I thought they'd run for it against a likely winded BUF defense. They were up by 3. If they don't make it, they leave the ball to a BUF team without time outs around the 20, and don't risk a kick-off. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, I suppose - but I would have tried for that first down and drive the last coffin nail into the Bills. Plus, I know that I have only one of my starting DBs able to play.

Here's the Charlotte Observer's "Report Card" on the game:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/15/4317161/reporter-card-carolina-panthers.html

I weekly raise an eyebrow about how these pro coaching staffs have such difficulty with clock management and what the military calls "situation awareness." It's a subject that is a stock-in-trade item with the football pundit TMQ. :surf:

DynaPaul
09-16-2013, 01:56 PM
What kind of officiating did you expect from Walt "Tuck Rule" Coleman? The guy is the worst in the business.

stuckincincy
09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
What kind of officiating did you expect from Walt "Tuck Rule" Coleman? The guy is the worst in the business.

I liked the replacement refs, a few years back.

Famous Amos
09-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Anyone see Stevie Johnson get plowed to the ground away from the play? No penalty was called. There was no reason for him to get hit like that.

mush69
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Anyone see Stevie Johnson get plowed to the ground away from the play? No penalty was called. There was no reason for him to get hit like that.

Yes that was on a play on the other side of the field, CJ or FJ run play if I remember.