Hacket, what happened to run Spiller until he can't breathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Hacket, what happened to run Spiller until he can't breathe?

Not sure we have seen this. There have already been several instances that don't make as much sense to me as they should.

2nd and goal at the 2, and we pass twice, both fades, awful play calling, and you get 3 points. How in the world do we not run the ball twice there, heck, run it 3 times more!!!

Then, later, Bills had a 2nd and 1, they get too pass cute again with the rookie QB, and they drop back and pass and EJ fumbles.

Help your rookie QB out, geesh, run the freaking ball. I know the Bills passed and ran close to the same, but the Bills need to run more still IMO. We were told that would happen.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Hacket, what happened to run Spiller until he can't breathe?

The only time I want to gnash my teeth together, is when they run him up the middle into the pile... outside, he's a deadly weapon.

Have to get him the ball in space and let him work his magic with his feet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I didn't have problem with the run game yesterday. THey played to stop CJ and yet we ran effectively against a very good front 7. Don't forget, the seahawks couldn't do as well as we did vs the panthers.

We need to find a better LG.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by PTI View Post
        Not sure we have seen this. There have already been several instances that don't make as much sense to me as they should.

2nd and goal at the 2, and we pass twice, both fades, awful play calling, and you get 3 points. How in the world do we not run the ball twice there, heck, run it 3 times more!!!

Then, later, Bills had a 2nd and 1, they get too pass cute again with the rookie QB, and they drop back and pass and EJ fumbles.

Help your rookie QB out, geesh, run the freaking ball. I know the Bills passed and ran close to the same, but the Bills need to run more still IMO. We were told that would happen.
        CJ hasn't been very good.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

BTW, our rushing game is ranked 4th despite the Pats and Panthers stacking the box.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

My guess is the book on CJ is he's dumb as box of rocks.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              BTW, our rushing game is ranked 4th despite the Pats and Panthers stacking the box.
              With EJ's performance yesterday, I don't think that will happen much too often again.

Comment

• PTI
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

I just thought it would be 60% run and 40% pass, they made it sound like it would be that way.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  With EJ's performance yesterday, I don't think that will happen much too often again.
                  I would still dare EJ to go deep if I were a DC.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Fred is simply too good in short yardage. He's absolutely earned the right to eat some of CJ's carries.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Fred is simply too good in short yardage. He's absolutely earned the right to eat some of CJ's carries.
                      I agree. There's no reason not to use them both if it helps us win games. Who cares who's 1 and who's 1A?

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

With Fred so good at the short yardage, if we have the ball at the 2 yard line and it is 2nd and goal, I want to run the ball 3 times.

Comment

• kishoph
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          I would still dare EJ to go deep if I were a DC.

That's what the Panthers did yesterday with a cover 2 and EJ took what they gave him, that is what he should do, not try and force things because people want to see bombs. Brady and the Pats have lived on a short passing game, the Bills passing game is a west coast type, where quick passes are what they are trying to accomplish.
                          EJ has the 4th highest completion percentage in the league right now (68.2) and has a 6.8 y/a, which really isn't that bad, Brady has a 5.2 y/a. Also according to @NFL twitter, EJ is the first QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 games of a rookie season (105.5, 89.3).

I'm very happy from what I've seen from EJ so far, every QB has some bad passes and ints. Considering that EJ is a rookie that didn't even have a full camp/preseason, he's doing great. He's only gonna get better with time and experience.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            My guess is the book on CJ is he's dumb as box of rocks.
                            he graduated in 3.5 years with a 3.5 gpa.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                              That's what the Panthers did yesterday with a cover 2 and EJ took what they gave him, that is what he should do, not try and force things because people want to see bombs. Brady and the Pats have lived on a short passing game, the Bills passing game is a west coast type, where quick passes are what they are trying to accomplish.
                              EJ has the 4th highest completion percentage in the league right now (68.2) and has a 6.8 y/a, which really isn't that bad, Brady has a 5.2 y/a. Also according to @NFL twitter, EJ is the first QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 games of a rookie season (105.5, 89.3).

I'm very happy from what I've seen from EJ so far, every QB has some bad passes and ints. Considering that EJ is a rookie that didn't even have a full camp/preseason, he's doing great. He's only gonna get better with time and experience.
                              his 6.8 ypa is padded by runs after catch by guys like Summers, Stevie and FJ. His completion percentage is due to short passess. I don't expect him to force it but I expect him to make them pay when the oppurtunity is there like when he missed Chandler and Stevie early in the game.

I know he'll get better but right now, it needs work.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X