PDA

View Full Version : Hacket, what happened to run Spiller until he can't breathe?

PTI
09-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Not sure we have seen this. There have already been several instances that don't make as much sense to me as they should.

2nd and goal at the 2, and we pass twice, both fades, awful play calling, and you get 3 points. How in the world do we not run the ball twice there, heck, run it 3 times more!!!

Then, later, Bills had a 2nd and 1, they get too pass cute again with the rookie QB, and they drop back and pass and EJ fumbles.

Help your rookie QB out, geesh, run the freaking ball. I know the Bills passed and ran close to the same, but the Bills need to run more still IMO. We were told that would happen.

Historian
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
The only time I want to gnash my teeth together, is when they run him up the middle into the pile... outside, he's a deadly weapon.

Have to get him the ball in space and let him work his magic with his feet.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I didn't have problem with the run game yesterday. THey played to stop CJ and yet we ran effectively against a very good front 7. Don't forget, the seahawks couldn't do as well as we did vs the panthers.

We need to find a better LG.

jimmifli
09-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Not sure we have seen this. There have already been several instances that don't make as much sense to me as they should.

2nd and goal at the 2, and we pass twice, both fades, awful play calling, and you get 3 points. How in the world do we not run the ball twice there, heck, run it 3 times more!!!

Then, later, Bills had a 2nd and 1, they get too pass cute again with the rookie QB, and they drop back and pass and EJ fumbles.

Help your rookie QB out, geesh, run the freaking ball. I know the Bills passed and ran close to the same, but the Bills need to run more still IMO. We were told that would happen.

CJ hasn't been very good.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 09:53 AM
BTW, our rushing game is ranked 4th despite the Pats and Panthers stacking the box.

coastal
09-16-2013, 09:56 AM
My guess is the book on CJ is he's dumb as box of rocks.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM
BTW, our rushing game is ranked 4th despite the Pats and Panthers stacking the box.
With EJ's performance yesterday, I don't think that will happen much too often again.

PTI
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
I just thought it would be 60% run and 40% pass, they made it sound like it would be that way.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 10:05 AM
With EJ's performance yesterday, I don't think that will happen much too often again.

I would still dare EJ to go deep if I were a DC.

The King
09-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Fred is simply too good in short yardage. He's absolutely earned the right to eat some of CJ's carries.

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Fred is simply too good in short yardage. He's absolutely earned the right to eat some of CJ's carries.
I agree. There's no reason not to use them both if it helps us win games. Who cares who's 1 and who's 1A?

PTI
09-16-2013, 10:10 AM
With Fred so good at the short yardage, if we have the ball at the 2 yard line and it is 2nd and goal, I want to run the ball 3 times.

kishoph
09-16-2013, 10:32 AM
I would still dare EJ to go deep if I were a DC.

That's what the Panthers did yesterday with a cover 2 and EJ took what they gave him, that is what he should do, not try and force things because people want to see bombs. Brady and the Pats have lived on a short passing game, the Bills passing game is a west coast type, where quick passes are what they are trying to accomplish.
EJ has the 4th highest completion percentage in the league right now (68.2) and has a 6.8 y/a, which really isn't that bad, Brady has a 5.2 y/a. Also according to @NFL twitter, EJ is the first QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 games of a rookie season (105.5, 89.3).

I'm very happy from what I've seen from EJ so far, every QB has some bad passes and ints. Considering that EJ is a rookie that didn't even have a full camp/preseason, he's doing great. He's only gonna get better with time and experience.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 10:33 AM

he graduated in 3.5 years with a 3.5 gpa.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
That's what the Panthers did yesterday with a cover 2 and EJ took what they gave him, that is what he should do, not try and force things because people want to see bombs. Brady and the Pats have lived on a short passing game, the Bills passing game is a west coast type, where quick passes are what they are trying to accomplish.
EJ has the 4th highest completion percentage in the league right now (68.2) and has a 6.8 y/a, which really isn't that bad, Brady has a 5.2 y/a. Also according to @NFL twitter, EJ is the first QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 games of a rookie season (105.5, 89.3).

I'm very happy from what I've seen from EJ so far, every QB has some bad passes and ints. Considering that EJ is a rookie that didn't even have a full camp/preseason, he's doing great. He's only gonna get better with time and experience.his 6.8 ypa is padded by runs after catch by guys like Summers, Stevie and FJ. His completion percentage is due to short passess. I don't expect him to force it but I expect him to make them pay when the oppurtunity is there like when he missed Chandler and Stevie early in the game.

I know he'll get better but right now, it needs work.

DBrown77
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
his 6.8 ypa is padded by runs after catch by guys like Summers, Stevie and FJ. His completion percentage is due to short passess. I don't expect him to force it but I expect him to make them pay when the oppurtunity is there like when he missed Chandler and Stevie early in the game.

With good ball placement comes YAC

kishoph
09-16-2013, 10:52 AM
his 6.8 ypa is padded by runs after catch by guys like Summers, Stevie and FJ. His completion percentage is due to short passess. I don't expect him to force it but I expect him to make them pay when the oppurtunity is there like when he missed Chandler and Stevie early in the game.

Every QB's ypa's are padded by runs after the catch.

justasportsfan
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Every QB's ypa's are padded by runs after the catch.

this means we're dinking and dunking well. It doesn't reflect how good EJ is with his intermediate - deep balls.

feldspar
09-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I figure the game plan worked if you win the game.

That's what I figure.

Mr. Pink
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
The only time I want to gnash my teeth together, is when they run him up the middle into the pile... outside, he's a deadly weapon.

Have to get him the ball in space and let him work his magic with his feet.

Have to run him between the tackles once in a while to keep defenses honest.

Bills Juggernaut
09-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I think it is CJ himself that is limiting his own touches. Go back and watch the game. After almost every decent run, they show a close-up of CJ and he is usually signalling the sidelines to rotate out. I think I saw it at least 3 or 4 times yesterday.

Turf
09-16-2013, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=justasportsfan;3843878]his 6.8 ypa is padded by runs after catch by guys like Summers, Stevie and FJ. His completion percentage is due to short passes. /QUOTE]

Yeah but don't forget so is everyone's else's stats.

WagonCircler
09-16-2013, 12:01 PM
There's another possible explanation. Maybe he can't breathe.

Chan made reference several times to CJ "getting winded." I've often wondered if he has some sort of respiratory problem.

Some people are born with small arterial veins and/or lungs. There has to be a reason for not giving him the ball more.

I'm so happy we have Fred, though. He just pushes the pile and finds the small, hard yards that extend drives. I hope he can stay healthy.

OLDSRIP
09-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Why do you say that?
Some players can sound slow, but CJ always seems normal to me. He has a southern drawl. Is that the problem?

OLDSRIP
09-16-2013, 12:43 PM
There's another possible explanation. Maybe he can't breathe.

Chan made reference several times to CJ "getting winded." I've often wondered if he has some sort of respiratory problem.

Some people are born with small arterial veins and/or lungs. There has to be a reason for not giving him the ball more.

I'm so happy we have Fred, though. He just pushes the pile and finds the small, hard yards that extend drives. I hope he can stay healthy.

Can it be Chan was telling the truth? Maybe CJ has a bad case of asthma or something else wrong like you say.
But I also noticed he was pulling himself out. Then with the hurry up offense it takes awhile for him to get back in.
Fred is playing great so far this year. I hope he stays healthy. I see a big year for both those guys.