PDA

View Full Version : Honesty tho... the game shouldnt have even been that close...

Thief
09-16-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't usually go with the shoulda coulda cuz you can say the opposite in many cases... but to me, it looked like the Bills were jjjuusssttt on the verge of dominating this game accept they kept shooting themselves in the foot. Bad turnovers, untimely penalties, a bad pass or two that would have went for TDs. If a handful of plays didn't happen, or went our way the Bills could have won this thing by 20+.

Carolina is a good football team. Heck, they almost beat the Seahawks who might be the leagues best team. Their defensive front 7 is pretty damn solid. The bills got them for 149 on the ground. We didn't get pushed around. We played tough nose football.

I can only figure that when this team gets some more experience, the coaches get more experience, they will be even better. When EJ earns the respect of opposing defenses this offense might be explosive. They will hit on those plays they missed, and this team can be pretty darn good.

Turf
09-16-2013, 12:18 PM
We could easily be 2-0. We found a good Def. CO. The verdict is not out on Hackett. He needs to get better, and EJ needs to hit those throws downfield.

Novacane
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
That's the encouraging part. They made a lot of mistakes but were able to overcome them.

Thief
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
AND we are fielding a pretty effective defense that is missing, arguably, our 2 best defenders.

DBrown77
09-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Carolinas coach lost them the game. They should have went on it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the field goal. They were 1 yard away from winning the game.

No killer mentality there.

stuckincincy
09-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Carolinas coach lost them the game. They should have went on it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the field goal. They were 1 yard away from winning the game.

Absouletly.

gebobs
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
God that holding by Summers on the punt was maddening. 4th-18 becomes 1-10 and then Cam burns us a few plays later for a TD. The late hit on Smith was brutal too, but I don't think Carolina made hay from it.

stuckincincy
09-16-2013, 01:35 PM

See also my response to the thread "A Panthers favor to the Bills."

Thief
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I personally think you take the 3 and force us to score the TD. But, I think they should have attempted a pass in there somewhere prior to the 4th down.

A few other plays stand out to me, particularly the horrible throw to Chandler that had 6 (7) all over it. If we score that, don't extend there drives, and don't give them easy field goals with the turnovers deep in our end, there is 20 points right there, and that isn't even counting momentum points.

Night Train
09-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Welcome to rebuilding, with another off-season needed to fill out the holes.

The first 2 games have been somewhat sloppy with the team beating themselves more so than the opponent.

It's no surprise and the team will take games on the chin this year. But I view this new administration long term and cannot understand the weekly emotion, beyond wishing to win.

How can folks be that frustrated with an obvious short lineup and new schemes being learned ? The Bills are NOT a playoff team, so why torture yourself after each loss ?

They are probably going to lose more games than they win this year. I get that.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM

This is just fan talking like the media people. Maybe some 3rd rate high school will hire you as a football coach.

You had a great chance of going up by 6 forcing the other team go the distance to win. Your defense has a pretty good handle on their offense, plus their QB is a rookie with no history of great things. So you want to take a risk of turning the ball over on downs and have them within a single 25 yard play for a possible game tying field goal shot?

If you are so agressive on short yardage play, why not going for two on every TD play?

DBrown77
09-17-2013, 07:01 AM
This is just fan talking like the media people. Maybe some 3rd rate high school will hire you as a football coach.

You had a great chance of going up by 6 forcing the other team go the distance to win. Your defense has a pretty good handle on their offense, plus their QB is a rookie with no history of great things. So you want to take a risk of turning the ball over on downs and have them within a single 25 yard play for a possible game tying field goal shot?

If you are so agressive on short yardage play, why not going for two on every TD play?

Again, You are 1 yard away from sealing a win. You are a coach constantly criticized for playing not to lose. You have one of the worst records in the NFL in close games, You have Cam Newton who can run (even though your coaching is so horrific you wont let him), your entire secondary is hurt.

Not only that but if you dont convert on 4th down you automatically have the Bills thinking they need to score 3pts to tie and go to OT, not score a TD to win the game.

Nice dig though. Its d-bags like you that keep me from visiting this site as often as i used to.