• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Is Buddy Still Around?

Just saw this on the front page of bb.com. Is Buddy still kicking around? (Over Marrones left shoulder)
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• tatersalad
    • Apr 2008

Re: Is Buddy Still Around?

yes he is a consultant now

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I thought that was just a title.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Buddo
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I thought that was just a title.
        He was definitely floating around TC, I saw him in the background of a number of vids from bb.com. It makes sense to me that he was at this game, as it was the 'Wall' game, and while he obviously isn't on it, it's one of those 'full court press' days, where everyone comes out of the woodwork.

I would suspect that he's still doing scouting stuff from time to time, and will be available as a 'sounding board' to Whaley, if he wants one. He probably also gets to pick and choose who, what and where he scouts also.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

I think Buddy Nix did a hell of a lot better job than a lot of people give him credit for. There is talent on this Bills team. Also, the EJ Manuel pick blindsided most fans, but it seems like the right pick at the moment, given all the other options. Sure seems like the best QB in this year's draft, even though it's early and we haven't seen too much of the others. But we got the Kiko Alonso pick for free in the deal as well after trading down to get EJ...I said from the get-go that I love Kiko.

Coaching has a lot to do with it...look at how this defense is playing under the new scheme, even without 2 of it's best players.
          Last edited by feldspar; 09-16-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He was recently spotted as 3rd banjo at the Grand Ole Opry.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bf1
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              I think Buddy Nix did a hell of a lot better job than a lot of people give him credit for. There is talent on this Bills team. Also, the EJ Manuel pick blindsided most fans, but it seems like the right pick at the moment, given all the other options. Sure seems like the best QB in this year's draft, even though it's early and we haven't seen too much of the others. But we got the Kiko Alonso pick for free in the deal as well after trading down to get EJ...I said from the get-go that I love Kiko.

Coaching has a lot to do with it...look at how this defense is playing under the new scheme, even without 2 of it's best players.
              the team didn't improve one bit in the four years he was with the team. He leaves the major roll, now we have rookies contributing in a major way. I say good riddance. I hope the consulting role is minimal.

Comment

• Homegrown
                Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                • Jul 2008

Yep, he's even got his own line school lunch & drink boxes ... hee-haw.jpg

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

He said on his way out that he would still consult and help out here and there.

Comment

Working...
                  X