PDA

View Full Version : Is Buddy Still Around?

The King
09-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Just saw this on the front page of bb.com. Is Buddy still kicking around? (Over Marrones left shoulder)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/mbbedard/ScreenShot2013-09-16at23541PM_zps0bf09796.png

tatersalad
09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
yes he is a consultant now

The King
09-16-2013, 01:47 PM
I thought that was just a title.

Buddo
09-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I thought that was just a title.

He was definitely floating around TC, I saw him in the background of a number of vids from bb.com. It makes sense to me that he was at this game, as it was the 'Wall' game, and while he obviously isn't on it, it's one of those 'full court press' days, where everyone comes out of the woodwork.

I would suspect that he's still doing scouting stuff from time to time, and will be available as a 'sounding board' to Whaley, if he wants one. He probably also gets to pick and choose who, what and where he scouts also. ;)

feldspar
09-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I think Buddy Nix did a hell of a lot better job than a lot of people give him credit for. There is talent on this Bills team. Also, the EJ Manuel pick blindsided most fans, but it seems like the right pick at the moment, given all the other options. Sure seems like the best QB in this year's draft, even though it's early and we haven't seen too much of the others. But we got the Kiko Alonso pick for free in the deal as well after trading down to get EJ...I said from the get-go that I love Kiko.

Coaching has a lot to do with it...look at how this defense is playing under the new scheme, even without 2 of it's best players.

Night Train
09-16-2013, 05:58 PM
He was recently spotted as 3rd banjo at the Grand Ole Opry.

bf1
09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I think Buddy Nix did a hell of a lot better job than a lot of people give him credit for. There is talent on this Bills team. Also, the EJ Manuel pick blindsided most fans, but it seems like the right pick at the moment, given all the other options. Sure seems like the best QB in this year's draft, even though it's early and we haven't seen too much of the others. But we got the Kiko Alonso pick for free in the deal as well after trading down to get EJ...I said from the get-go that I love Kiko.

Coaching has a lot to do with it...look at how this defense is playing under the new scheme, even without 2 of it's best players. the team didn't improve one bit in the four years he was with the team. He leaves the major roll, now we have rookies contributing in a major way. I say good riddance. I hope the consulting role is minimal.

Homegrown
09-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Yep, he's even got his own line school lunch & drink boxes ... 16628

X-Era
09-16-2013, 07:23 PM
He said on his way out that he would still consult and help out here and there.