• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Defense

it's funny going into the year i thought the offense would be the one to surprise us early with efficiency simply because the talent was drafted and stacked in skill positions and that the defense would struggle.

through two games, the defense has looked pretty solid and the offense is the one sputtering and having a hard time being consistent.
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Defense

Wanny really held this unit back last year.

I can't wait to upgrade Rogers and Searcy with Gilmore and Byrd. Hopefully everyone else can stay healthy.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

I agree with Ed about Wannstedt. He clearly held back the defense. The line remains solid from last year. The secondary is hurting. To me the bright light of improvement has been around the improved LB play from Alonso, Bradham (yesterday) and even Moats. Throw in a surprisingly solid 2 games from McKelvin and Ed is right again... we get back Byrd and Gilmore and the Bills may just have a top 10 defense (barring injury). They did make Newton look better than he is for stretches and Vereen ran all over them, so it's not perfect, but heading in the right direction imo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

If McKelvin continues to play like he has and we get Gilmore and Byrd back to 100% , we could be even better.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

If Wannstandt, just freaking awful, coaching special teams for the Bucs right now, his first time ever doing so.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by PTI View Post
            If Wannstandt, just freaking awful, coaching special teams for the Bucs right now, his first time ever doing so.
            Pro football is a very strong old boy's club. Once you're in, the jobs and the cash are always there.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by PTI View Post
              Head coach -> defensive coordinator -> special teams

Next stop, water boy.
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                Pro football is a very strong old boy's club. Once you're in, the jobs and the cash are always there.

It's not just that he was part of the old boys club, he refused to get with the times and wanted to run a defense like it was the 90's and run that same defense game in and game out.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I won't be so hesitant to change until I have to, particularly for Byrd who the coaches has seen none at all so far.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    I won't be so hesitant to change until I have to, particularly for Byrd who the coaches has seen none at all so far.
                    Well, if you didn't think that Rogers struggled at times yesterday, I don't know what game you were watching. I can understand being chary of Byrd, although I wouldn't be personally, but I'll have Gilmore over rogers every day of the week - and Stephon wouldn't even have to be fully fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X