X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Game MVPs: Fred Jackson and Mario Williams

With 6 seconds left on the final play of the game winning TD drive, Fred Jackson picked up Luke Kuechly's blitz and JUST got enough of a piece of him to let EJ Manuel's arm move forward and complete the pass to Stevie Johnson in the endzone.

I don't think the Bills win if Fred Jackson didn't block Kuechly on that amazing play. EJ would never have gotten the ball off.

If you didn't see the block, watch the play again here: it happens quick, if you miss it just wait for the slow motion replay and keep your eyes on 22.

That was a HUGE, game winning blitz pickup of a block!!!

Fred Jackson scored the Bills first TD late in the 3rd quarter, picked up a 1st down on a crucial 3rd and 1, dropped a pass on purpose during the last drive, and made the game winning block.

Hats off to Fred Jackson, one of the most underrated running back's in NFL history. He's still the heart of this team.

EJ's got soul, CJ's got the legs, SJ's got the hands, and Fred Jackson keeps the Bills red white and blue pumping.

Speaking of pumping....

Mario Williams broke Bruce Smith and Biscuit's sack record and played like a champion. 4 and a half sacks. Dominance against the run, and pass.

Elite, happy and, "healthy changes everything." Both physically and mentally, Mario Williams is now in his prime and he's playing in a system that knows how to best utilize his talents, unlike last year.

MVP's and last year aside, what a TEAM win! Coaching helped win the game (3 timeouts weren't wasted), EJ helped win the game obviously, Stevie helped win the game with clutch catches, Leo McKelvin helped win the game by being physical against Smith, Alonso picked off a pass and stuffed the run, Carpenter booted a 55 yard field goal, the O-line is playing amazing...they all helped win the game.

I think we're all in for an incredibly fun and amazing season, Bills fans. This could be the beginning of a championship run in its infancy.

The best has yet to come. Get ready to win Buffalo. Yes, today felt quite odd. Better get used to it though. Change is good.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Game MVPs: Fred Jackson and Mario Williams

I just watched it 4 times, and I don't see that Freddy made that much of a difference, but i'm all for giving him credit
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
    X