X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Bills Blowout The Jets

The Jets ride is soon about to end. Rex Ryan is running out of snacks. If he doesn't win this year, he's gone.

New York's defense is good, but their rookie quarterback is not good. Geno Smith has played like the rookie he is.

The Bills defense is good. Their rookie quarterback is good too. EJ Manuel has not played like a rookie.

Rookie quarterbacks aside, the Bills have a huge advantage on offense and defense.

Mike Pettine knows how Rex Ryan thinks on defense better than anyone in the NFL. He practically lived with the guy for years, eating, sleeping, and shatting football.

Doug Marrone is quite familiar with Geno Smith as well after coaching Syracuse against W. Virginia in college ball.

The Bills have already faced challenging defensive fronts against New England and Carolina. What the Jets bring won't be a surprise.

The Jets have Ferguson and Mangold. The Bills have Glenn and Wood.

Bills have the better running backs. Bills have the better quarterback. Bills have the better wide receivers. Dare I say the Bills have a better defense?

Bills have the better team.

44-10 in a landslide win that will take the Jets down, for good.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills Blowout The Jets

Didn't you make this exact same thread before the Pats' game?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

It can also be said that Rex Ryan knows Mike Pettine inside and out. Pettine may have a wrinkle or two in his Buffalo defense that are different from what he did under Ryan with the Jets. They will however know a lot of what each other is going to do. It will boil down to personnel on defense. Buffalo's secondary is fighting to stay afloat until they can get Gilmore back and Byrd activated. Fortunately, Mario Williams is on fire at the moment, but Buffalo will need strong play from their linebackers and the rest of the line. I do think that on offense Manuel has a little better head on his shoulders than Geno Smith and may have learned how to cope a little better with the pressure defense from his time in training camp than did Geno Smith. I think Buffalo can win, but I'm expecting a third close game this weekend.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

It's a weird matchup because both defenses know each other too well. This is really a coaches duel in many regards.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

I see a close game, a very close game primarily due to defenses.

This is going to be one of the top defenses EJ will see this season (Sorry I don't have the Bills making playoffs). If you think Pettine is good, Rex is better with defenses. And so far NYJ has a better defense than the Bills. This could be ugly for EJ, being the 1st game on the road.

I don't know why everyone thinks EJ has arrived. One good drive does not make up all the sins throughout the game, QB development wise. Marrone even said as much in Monday's presser that there was a lot of things not right, mechanical and read wise for EJ in the Panthers game. Rex is going to explore that. I'm hoping for CJ to have a similar game like he had in NYC last year but the surprise factor is off now.

On the other hand, the Bills should do a much better job than they had in the past containing Jets offense due to Pettine and Geno factors.

In the end I think this game comes down to the traditional biggest factor for NFL games: turnover. For defensive minded teams, that always seems to be the determining factor and it has been true for the Bills and Jets ever since Rex with the Jets. If EJ makes turnovers like he did in the Panthers game, the Bills will be hard pressed to win. But if the Bills can make Geno Smith throwing INTs with pressure, they have a great chance.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Ramses is number one.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Didn't you make this exact same thread before the Pats' game?
              He started that thread to counter balance your numerous posts that the Pats would blow the Bills out by at least 20
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

I actually picked this game as the biggest blowout this week as well, Bills will win going away. Bills also are picked ~59% to win straight up in the yahoo board.
                Last edited by Skooby; 09-17-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• lmcshadow
                  • Nov 2007

Bills win if they let the young man fly..............still seems a bit conserv-
                  The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

wouldn't get too cocky, the jets have a very good D currently ranked 2nd.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I think we will see who the better QB is in this game.

I think both defenses will put on pressure neither QB has not yet seen.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                        • Aug 2012

I don't think the Jets are very good, but I would be very surprised to see any non-elite teams blow them out.

I think on O, they are going to try running the ball and using their TE. Geno needs to know that he can't hold onto the ball and look for the deep ball. Our DL simply won't give him that chance.

Our O is too young and their D is too good to blow them out just yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

I think both defenses will put on pressure neither QB has not yet seen.
                          while both Rexy and Pettine are familiar with each other, Pettine knows the jet's players well except for the rookies. Pettine should have a slight advantage in familiarity.

If the bills stop shooting themelves in the foot with penalties, we could win this game.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

I hope to see a very close game this weekend, i can say after watching EJ this past week, he is the better prospect between him and Geno. Here is to an injury free, tough ass AFC East showdown. Good luck all!

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

I wouldn't predict a blowout. Traditionally, the Jets/Bills is usually a tough game with, of course, some exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X