PDA

View Full Version : Geno Smith era already coming to an end?

ublinkwescore
09-17-2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000245957/article/geno-smith-im-the-guy-for-ny-jets-not-matt-simms

thankfully, it wont be this weekend.

Night Train
09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
He is Losmanesque in the way he forces passes under pressure. Needs to look up the word "poise".

TacklingDummy
09-17-2013, 08:53 AM
He stinks, the Bills better beat the Jets.

trapezeus
09-17-2013, 09:23 AM
it would be so entertaining to watch him be the sole reason that they lose to the bills. as in if there was just a qb who had the basic skill set of sanchez, maybe the bills could have been beaten. the jets have brought this nonsense on themselves.

if the bills beat the jets by more than a touchdown, the anger from jets fans will be very enjoyable to watch.

better days
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Looking at Jets boards, in preseason, EVERY Jets fan thought the Jets were much better than the Bills & were predicting the Jets would win this game in a blow out. Scores like 30-7 were the predictions.

Now most Jets fans still think the Jets will win, but in a much closer game & some Jets fans are even saying the Bills will win this game.

sukie
09-17-2013, 10:03 AM
With all this whirlwind of crap circling the Jets organization... The crappy QB situation... The rancid smell of a slowly decomposing body coming from the closed door with the "Head Coach" plate afixed... The whole Fireman Ed thing... I feel somehow the Bills are doomed in this game. It is just gutteral but I feel like a demoralizing loss is nigh.

ServoBillieves
09-17-2013, 10:05 AM
We won't beat the Jets. If this is the same organization that screams failure, we will lose this game miserably. I'm thinking a 10-13 point loss, but unlike other doubters I'm actually hoping for a win

DBrown77
09-17-2013, 10:11 AM
I am not sure why everyone thinks Geno Smith is so bad. He is a rookie with 2 starts and horrible receivers.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-17-2013, 10:15 AM
With all this whirlwind of crap circling the Jets organization... The crappy QB situation... The rancid smell of a slowly decomposing body coming from the closed door with the "Head Coach" plate afixed... The whole Fireman Ed thing... I feel somehow the Bills are doomed in this game. It is just gutteral but I feel like a demoralizing loss is nigh.

Exactly, the set up is just too good for there not to be a heartbreaking loss.

RedEyE
09-17-2013, 10:19 AM
He's been a pro QB for 2 weeks. Hell look at week 1 after he scampered on that last play and lead the Jets to a win, they were all singing his praises. Now they lose to the Bill Belichick Tom Brady NE dynasty and they want him banished? Give the kid a break.

However, as a Bills fan I do like that there is some controversy with the QB position and the Jets leading into this game.

But this could very well backfire too. If EJ has a set back game and Geno somehow utilizes this negativity to improve and pull out a win, then the tides of doubt will certainly shift from East Rutherford, NJ to WNY.

In short, its entirely too early for anyone to be singing praises or jumping ship. Too much football left to be played this season.

EricStratton
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I think in a year or two with a new coach Geno could be a good QB.

imbondz
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
There's not 1 team, or 1 QB that we can be cocky with. The Jets have plenty of talent to beat us this weekend. I do think we're a better team, but that doesn't mean we're beating the Jets at their house.

Albany,n.y.
09-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I am not sure why everyone thinks Geno Smith is so bad. He is a rookie with 2 starts and horrible receivers.

Because the Bills drafted EJ Manuel and not Geno Smith. If we had drafted Smith and the Jets drafted Manuel, they'd be saying the same things about EJ that they're saying about Geno. It's my rookie QB is better than your rookie QB, even though the truth is it's too early to judge either one of them.

jdaltroy5
09-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I think this game is going to be ugly.

I think the Bills are going to force Geno to make a lot of mistakes - I REALLY wish we had Byrd and Gilmore to help capitalize on that.

And I think their D is going to try to shut down the run game and force Manuel to beat them with his arm.

I predict an ugly and mostly aggravating 17-12 Bills win.

Historian
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I think Brady Quinn is the answer to all their prayers!

mayotm
09-17-2013, 11:18 AM
I think this game is going to be ugly.

I think the Bills are going to force Geno to make a lot of mistakes - I REALLY wish we had Byrd and Gilmore to help capitalize on that.

And I think their D is going to try to shut down the run game and force Manuel to beat them with his arm.

I predict an ugly and mostly aggravating 17-12 Bills win.Fair enough. I'll take an ugly win any day.

trapezeus
09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
i think the real story to this game is pettine vs ryan. pettine has a decent defense going in two weeks against struggling offenses. if he can out coach rex's defense:

1. his value in the HC discussions later in the season improve alot
2. he can prove that he isn't just a guy under ryan, but the guy who really ran the schemes and get credit for it.

HAMMER
09-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Anyone who has watched Manuel and Smith should be able to see that Manuel is ahead at this point. Smith is holding the ball far too long, he has not been very accurate, he is fleeing the pocket too soon, and when he does he is not running which would at least keep a defense honest once in a while. I see us getting a few picks and beating the Jets handily. 28-10 Buffalo

ghz in pittsburgh
09-17-2013, 12:55 PM
What is Sanchez's record against the Bills?

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 02:51 PM
He's been a pro QB for 2 weeks. Hell look at week 1 after he scampered on that last play and lead the Jets to a win, they were all singing his praises. Now they lose to the Bill Belichick Tom Brady NE dynasty and they want him banished? Give the kid a break.

However, as a Bills fan I do like that there is some controversy with the QB position and the Jets leading into this game.

But this could very well backfire too. If EJ has a set back game and Geno somehow utilizes this negativity to improve and pull out a win, then the tides of doubt will certainly shift from East Rutherford, NJ to WNY.

In short, its entirely too early for anyone to be singing praises or jumping ship. Too much football left to be played this season.

You nailed this one!