PDA

View Full Version : NYJ and Miami tied now for most times their QB has been sacked...

jpdex12
09-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Cam Newton has been sacked 7 times in the first two weeks and that's the 4th most sacks to a QB in the league so far this year. Geno and Ryan have been sacked more than this so far through two weeks. Our defense has to be licking thier chops! This stat is the key for us to focus on to get to the top of the AFC East this year. We saw how much Tom Brady got knocked around in the first game...even he isn't bulletproof. We can do this! Come on Pettine!

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/09/17/bills-take-leap-up-sack-chart/

jdaltroy5
09-17-2013, 01:53 PM
If they are smart, the coaches will tell Geno that he has 3 seconds to get rid of the ball or they are going to bench him. I expect a lot of running plays and quick timing routes.

If they let him sit back in the pocket and try to make something happen, he is going to be in for a world of hurt.

justasportsfan
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Dareus and Kyle have to do the same thing they did vs. Newton.

“Me and Kyle pushed the pocket where Cam couldn’t run through the middle, which he wants to do. By us holding him to that it allows Mario to just have fun and do his thing. It just feeds the whole defense. We stayed on top of him no matter what the situation was. They went down (in the red zone) three times and we held them to three points each time. It was a big plus for us and we just feed off of it.”

trapezeus
09-17-2013, 04:56 PM
this is where i think geno is too fragile to deal with. if you said something like "3 seconds or we will bench you" he would take it personally especially with the rumors that the jets are high on Matt Simms and Geno saying that he's better than simms.

This could be the game where Geno really never goes any further. if the bills pound him early at home and force a continuation of his 4th quarter in NE, the boo birds will be loud. and if they swap him out, he'll never recover.

Night Train
09-17-2013, 06:21 PM
It's not just sacks with Geno...it's his inability to deal with pressure and force bad passes.

Homegrown
09-17-2013, 06:29 PM
“Me and Kyle pushed the pocket ......” Kyle and I pushed the pocket ...just saying Mr. Former Student Athlete ..

JoeMama
09-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I hope they slide Mario Williams over so he can face LT Jonathan Martin as much as possible.

That kid is awful.

The Jokeman
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM
I hope they slide Mario Williams over so he can face LT Jonathan Martin as much as possible.

That kid is awful.
Martin plays for the Dolphins and Geno plays for the Jets. That be one major slide over.

JoeMama
09-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Martin plays for the Dolphins and Geno plays for the Jets. That be one major slide over.

This thread is also about the Dolphins.

BillsImpossible
09-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Sure, it's only 2 games, but the trend is already developing quickly. Sanchez got sacked a lot too.

Jets O-line is old.

EJ Manuel has been, "sacked," once...I think.

BillsImpossible
09-17-2013, 08:41 PM
This thread is also about the Dolphins.

Good recovery. I can't wait to squish the Fins' just like old times.

Never forget going to the Marriott in Amherst to heckle the Dolphins early on a Sunday morning, those were the days....and they're back again!

better days
09-17-2013, 11:21 PM
This is the first time EVER, Tom Brady & the Pats* have to face 3 TOUGH DEFENSES in the AFC East.

By the end of the year, Brady may decide he does not want to play until he is 40.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2013, 12:43 AM
This is the first time EVER, Tom Brady & the Pats* have to face 3 TOUGH DEFENSES in the AFC East.

Except for 2003, when the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins were all Top 10 defenses, and he still went 5-1 in the division and won the Super Bowl.

But who's counting, right?

better days
09-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Except for 2003, when the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins were all Top 10 defenses, and he still went 5-1 in the division and won the Super Bowl.

Lets see those numbers. And if that was the case what were the numbers against the Pats*?

I am talking about PRESSURE DEFENSES in any case, not BS cover two defenses that Brady has no trouble beating.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Lets see those numbers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/opp.htm

And if that was the case what were the numbers against the Pats*?

Now sure what numbers you want, but I'll let you sort these out (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2003.htm)

I am talking about PRESSURE DEFENSES in any case, not BS cover two defenses that Brady has no trouble beating.

Good thing I can read your mind then, because that's not what you wrote.

In any event
Dolphins: 44 sacks (#3)
Bills: 38 sacks (#9)
Jets: 35 sacks (tied for #18, right about NFL average)

Owen DeBoard
09-18-2013, 07:42 AM

The Pats also had a defense back then too which is why they won the Super Bowl.

gebobs
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
By the end of the year, Brady may decide he does not want to play until he is 40.

Inshallah.

better days
09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/opp.htm

Now sure what numbers you want, but I'll let you sort these out (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2003.htm)

Good thing I can read your mind then, because that's not what you wrote.

I wrote TOUGH defenses. By that, I meant defenses that played tough pressure, put Brady on his back defense.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that.

In any event
Dolphins: 44 sacks (#3)
Bills: 38 sacks (#9)
Jets: 35 sacks (tied for #18, right about NFL average)

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Why do I have this sense of doom that the Jets OL will look like the best in football and we'll come out flat. Yes, the Jests game is a trap but if we can escape it I think we might be able to go 8-8 this year.

DynaPaul
09-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Well, after this week Geno will be number one in the most sacked column.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Kyle and I pushed the pocket ...just saying Mr. Former Student Athlete ..
Now now, the SEC is designed to produce football players. I am not going to ask Dareus for a professional opinion regarding whatever it was that he majored in. I am going to ask him to help us be a winning ball team. My quarterback starts that though, I am going to have him looked at for a potential concussion.

justasportsfan
09-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Kyle and I pushed the pocket ...just saying Mr. Former Student Athlete ..

you're axing too much from Darues.