PDA

View Full Version : Interesting rule around throwback uniforms.

The King
09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I guess the Buc's were scheduled to wear the old 70's-80's uniforms until the league let them know that alternate helmets are not allowed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23702777/buccaneers-scrap-plans-to-wear-creamsicle-throwback-uniforms

Bills were able to avoid this policy by simply changing the decals on their current helmets.

Teams can still wear throwback uniforms in 2013, but players have to wear their regular helmets. For instance, the Bills wore throwback uniforms in Week 2, but their throwback helmets are the same color as their current helmets: white. So players were able to wear their regular helmets because all the Bills had to do was change decals.

Who knew!?

trapezeus
09-18-2013, 10:22 AM
that would have been even more disgusting that orange with the current grey helmets. it'd look like a pop warner practice.

and i can't believe the NFL would put a rule that would make it hard to do throwbacks. Throwbacks are marketing for people to buy more jerseys.

Historian
09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Damn! I like Bucco Bruce...
:limp:

feldspar
09-18-2013, 10:45 AM
You call the rule "interesting," but I'm going to go out on a limb and call it downright idiotic.

Makes no sense.

Dozerdog
09-18-2013, 11:20 AM
This is most likely a reaction/ over reaction to potential head injury lawsuits. They are afraid of someone getting concussed while wearing a "one time use" helmet

They have worn the creamcicles in the past

IlluminatusUIUC
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Off the top of my head, that eliminates the Pats, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, Falcons, Bills 1990s, Broncos, and Titans' throwbacks.

Why?

Historian
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I had a creamsicle Dilfer jersey once...

:couch:

feldspar
09-18-2013, 11:23 AM
This is most likely a reaction/ over reaction to potential head injury lawsuits. They are afraid of someone getting concussed while wearing a "one time use" helmet

They have worn the creamcicles in the past

I think that whoever thought of the rule might be concussed.

Every player wears a brand spanking new helmet at one point all the time, don't they?

Saratoga Slim
09-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I think that whoever thought of the rule might be concussed.

Every player wears a brand spanking new helmet at one point all the time, don't they?

A new helmet has to be actually safer. If you crash in a ski or motorcycle helmet, you're supposed to throw it away, as it may have been structurally weakened.

Doubt that's the reason for the rule. I'm sure there is one, but on its face it sure seems ******ed.

The King
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
I had a creamsicle Dilfer jersey once...

:couch:

This is actually going to be a 5 questions - question.

black N yellow
09-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Seems like there is more than enough money in the NFL to create an identical set of helmets specifically to be used for throwback games.

WagonCircler
09-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Seems like there is more than enough money in the NFL to create an identical set of helmets specifically to be used for throwback games.

I remember having that same thought in 1993 or 1994 when the Bills wore a white standing Buffalo on the red helmet. It was awful.

But I thought, why not have them wear a new helmet for the throwback game, then auction the helmets off for charity? I'd buy one. I think plenty of people would.

BillsFever21
09-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Damn the Bills won't be able to wear their throwbacks from the 2000's. Them were the best Arena League football uniforms ever. :rolleyes:

Thank god they didn't keep them very long. The home uniform was watchable but the road uniforms had to be the worse in the league. Absolutely hideous.

Beebe's Kid
09-18-2013, 06:47 PM
I have to admit that the orange Bucs uniforms are some of my all time favorites. I absolutely loved those uniforms.

YardRat
09-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I liked the Bucs old uni's also.

The King
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
I remember using the Bucs in Madden 97, those uniforms jumped off the tv.