PDA

View Full Version : The next 3 games don't look as daunting

Skooby
09-18-2013, 04:26 PM
<tbody>

Sun, Sep 22

@
New York (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets)

4:25 PM CBS

Sun, Sep 29

vs
Baltimore (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/bal/baltimore-ravens)

1:00 PM CBS

Thu, Oct 3

@
Cleveland (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns)

8:25 PM NFL

</tbody>
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

trapezeus
09-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Baltimore isn't a cake walk and cleveland has been on the schedule during all these craptastic years for both teams and its been a 50/50 split.

One game at a time would be best for the players and the fans.

Thurmal
09-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I hate to be a bummer, but I'm thinking we take 1/3 of those games at best.

Typ0
09-18-2013, 04:36 PM
The shortest path to a winning record is a victory on Sunday.

Skooby
09-18-2013, 04:46 PM

I feel we could win 2 out of the next 3 games.

trapezeus
09-18-2013, 04:50 PM
the bills had a big win last week, but cam newton was incredibly inaccurate. brady was very accurate and we lost. it's as simple as that. you pile on a couple injuries in any area of the team, and winning gets very hard.

so far, i like our chances in a close one against the jets. injuries seem to be minimal, jets seem to be hurting (though on 10 days rest). so let's see if pettine can out strategize rex.

after that, who knows. we need to come out relatively healthy again.

Ed
09-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Baltimore doesn't look like the same team that won the superbowl, but they'll still be tough. No reason the Bills can't compete though.

Cleveland is struggling and now they lost their qb. Not sure if Weeden will be back, but either way I think the Bills are better. Playing on the road for a Thursday night game is a big disadvantage though.

I would like to see us take at least 2 of the next 3 and hopefully have Gilmore and Byrd back before facing a tough Cincy team at home.

Skooby
09-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Baltimore doesn't look like the same team that won the superbowl, but they'll still be tough. No reason the Bills can't compete though.

Cleveland is struggling and now they lost their qb. Not sure if Weeden will be back, but either way I think the Bills are better. Playing on the road for a Thursday night game is a big disadvantage though.

I would like to see us take at least 2 of the next 3 and hopefully have Gilmore and Byrd back before facing a tough Cincy team at home.

Cincy is going to be hard, their RB's are really good.

Skooby
09-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Browns just traded Richardson to Indy, so that won't hurt the Bills.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2013, 05:56 PM

:rofl:

Willis McGahee is in Cleveland and pending a physical will likely be signed.

BillsImpossible
09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Bills always seem to play the Ravens tough, and should have won in 2010...lost in OT, 37-34.

The Browns just traded their best player, and have a QB that can't avoid sacks.

It all starts with a big win over the Jets.

4-1 after week 5 for the Bills.

Ed
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's crazy. When do you ever see a team trade their top 5 pick after one season? Good career move for him though.

Skooby
09-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Wow, that's crazy. When do you ever see a team trade their top 5 pick after one season? Good career move for him though.

I'm shocked, talk about laying down this season.

imbondz
09-18-2013, 06:34 PM
The way I look at it is we could win all those games, or lose all those games, or possibly win 1-2 of them.

BillsImpossible
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
The way I look at it is we could win all those games, or lose all those games, or possibly win 1-2 of them.

Why do people like sitting on fences like this? Isn't that uncomfortable?

JoeMama
09-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Road games are always tough, even if you're up against a tomato can franchise like the Browns.

Or the Jets, who I think are a disaster despite the 1-1 start.

The Ravens aren't SB caliber anymore but they'll be sporting when they visit the Ralph.

BillsImpossible
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Road games are always tough, even if you're up against a tomato can franchise like the Browns.

The Ravens aren't SB caliber anymore but they'll be sporting when they visit the Ralph.

"Tire fire," is what I think you were aiming for with the Jets. Just wait until the Bills destroy them in Jersey.

The Browns just shat themselves after taking a dump on Richardson.

And the Ravens don't know what to do without their leader, Ray Lewis. They look lost, trying to find their way without him.

I'm drooling, sorry.

imbondz
09-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Why do people like sitting on fences like this? Isn't that uncomfortable?

No its impossible to try and predict when we have no clue yet how good or bad this team is. Pointless.

gebobs
09-18-2013, 09:02 PM
I feel we could win 2 out of the next 3 games.
Certainly. The first and third are winnable. Ravens? That would be a stretch. If I had to put numbers on the three: 50%, 20%, 70%.

gebobs
09-18-2013, 09:05 PM
However, they played the Pats tighter than we did. Brady didn't have Amendola though. He was the difference in our game. So what am I saying? I don't know. Time for another Peroni.

BillsFever21
09-18-2013, 09:33 PM
The tough schedule before the season started is looking much easier if everything stays the same. The Steelers aren't what they used to be, the Jets are very winnable, the Ravens are tough but not like last year and who knows what will be happening with Tampa Bay when we play them. They have some talent but it seems like they have a mutiny on the team between the Freeman situation and the players against the coach. Plus we also caught the Panthers at a good time of the year.

No game is an easy win for us but the schedule isn't looking as tough right now. Much of the schedule has to do with when the teams fall on your schedule. Most teams have a good and bad stretch during the year. If you can catch more teams in their bad stretch and squeak out an extra win or two then that only helps your chances.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2013, 10:37 PM
If the Bills don't win the next 3 games they blow.

better days
09-18-2013, 11:24 PM
and winning gets very hard.

I wondered what became of you Dick "winning is hard" Jauron

kishoph
09-19-2013, 05:19 AM
the bills had a big win last week, but cam newton was incredibly inaccurate. brady was very accurate and we lost. it's as simple as that. you pile on a couple injuries in any area of the team, and winning gets very hard.

so far, i like our chances in a close one against the jets. injuries seem to be minimal, jets seem to be hurting (though on 10 days rest). so let's see if pettine can out strategize rex.

after that, who knows. we need to come out relatively healthy again.

I have to think that Newton's inaccuracy had a lot to do with the pressure he was facing, the Bills were getting after Brady also, but nothing like they did against the Panthers. If Geno Smith faces that kind of pressure on Sunday, it will be hard for him to complete 50% of his passes and it will be a very long day for Smith and the Jets offense.

tampabay25690
09-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Lets beat the Jets Sunday!!

Night Train
09-19-2013, 06:22 AM
We are not a good team yet and every game is a challenge, since we need to overcome both the other team and ourselves ( penalties, turnovers, mistakes in executuion etc ) .

I'm fine with it... because I accept the fact this team is REBUILDING with a rookie coach and QB. A last second win by a point doesn't mean we've turned the corner. It means we still have work to do.

Living and dying weekly is the nature of people I suppose but it's still one game at a time with this roster, still short 8-10 players ( another off-season needed ).

Long term.

Uncle Jesse
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Ray Rice could still be out when we play them, pending how his injury goes..

justasportsfan
09-19-2013, 09:02 AM
2 for 3 is my guess.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2013, 01:43 PM

I think that given the past 14 years or so, you have every right to that opinion. That being said, I won't be happy with this team unless they win two of the three and play close in the third. I say this because right now all of these games look winnable.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2013, 01:46 PM
However, they played the Pats tighter than we did. Brady didn't have Amendola though. He was the difference in our game. So what am I saying? I don't know. Time for another Peroni.

Maybe, but I was thinking more along the lines of a rum and coke.

better days
09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
A last second win by a point doesn't mean we've turned the corner. It means we still have work to do.

I think it means BOTH. The Bills have turned the corner, BUT still have work to do.

Living and dying weekly is the nature of people I suppose but it's still one game at a time with this roster, still short 8-10 players ( another off-season needed ).

Long term.

​ALL Coaches preach one game at a time. Are you saying the Bills still need 8-10 STARTERS? What positions?

gebobs
09-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe, but I was thinking more along the lines of a rum and coke.

Why in the name of Jove would you ruin good liquor like that?

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2013, 07:43 PM

Wrong. 2/3

OpIv37
09-19-2013, 09:18 PM

Because, while many rums are delicious, there are quite a few that don't constitute "good liquor."

Homegrown
09-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm thinking 1-1-1 ...

Skooby
09-19-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking 1-1-1 ...

LOL, who do we tie with ??

BillsFever21
09-19-2013, 10:35 PM
If we don't win two of these games then that's a total failure. This may be one of the easiest stretches of our schedule even if two of them are on the road. The two road games are against the Jets and a Browns team who is waving the white flag.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-20-2013, 01:46 PM

1) Its the first drink I ever had
2) I like the taste
3) Be careful to take Jupiter's name in vain like that, he might put you in a great red spot. :D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, who do we tie with ??

Beat brownstains, tie Jests, lose to Ravens?

imbondz
09-23-2013, 12:40 PM
how do these 3 look now?

Buffalo Thriller
09-23-2013, 01:06 PM
The next 6 games we play the Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Saints and the Chiefs. We could easily go 1-5 over that stretch.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:19 PM
The next 6 games we play the Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Saints and the Chiefs. We could easily go 1-5 over that stretch.

The way Hoyer is playing, i see you going 0-6 over that stretch.

Buffalo Thriller
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
The way Hoyer is playing, i see you going 0-6 over that stretch. you may be right on that one.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:31 PM
you may be right on that one.

And thats not trying to be a troll, just looking at the teams you are playing. Hell, the Jets have a similar stretch coming up. The Jets and Bill will be flipping back and forth between 3rd and 4th in the division the rest of the season.

jills
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM

That's not looking so pretty.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-23-2013, 04:46 PM
We'll beat Cleveland, but that's about it.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I'll say this much, if McKelvin isn't healthy in 2 weeks, Josh Gordon is gonna have a field day.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 09:22 PM
We'll beat Cleveland, but that's about it.

I wouldnt count on that one.