PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Article from a while ago

trapezeus
09-18-2013, 04:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dispelling-myths-buffalo-bills-quarterback-ej-manuel-183500304.html

it is interesting that this guy is picking out that based on the parcells matrix and a serious of other stats that EJ was consistently on top.

How is it he was so far behind on the national polls?

He was a big body, in a good program. is it because he simply stopped running so much and became a better passer?

if he does pan out and keeps improving, i owe the bills front office a big apology. Here's to hoping that I do.

imbondz
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Great article.

Ingtar33
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
i seem to recall posting that i thought manuel was a shoe in for the first round sometime around last year this time. i think my defense of that claim was something along the lines of "he has all the measurables that turn a scout or a gm or an owners head". in short he had the body and arm of a 1st rounder, plenty of college starts and progressively better numbers and that all of that together would be too enticing for some team to pass him up.

i seem to recall the general response to that claim was Manuel who?

that said i was and remain very skeptical about his potential as a pro. i like what i've seen these past two weeks. and i long figured half his problems at fsu was his oc, but in the end i don't think he has "it" to be a star or even an above average starter in this league.

BillsWin
09-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Now that's column writing. An opinion laden piece with factual evidence to back up the views in order to sway a reader to buy in.

Oaf
09-19-2013, 10:54 AM
i seem to recall posting that i thought manuel was a shoe in for the first round sometime around last year this time. i think my defense of that claim was something along the lines of "he has all the measurables that turn a scout or a gm or an owners head". in short he had the body and arm of a 1st rounder, plenty of college starts and progressively better numbers and that all of that together would be too enticing for some team to pass him up.

i seem to recall the general response to that claim was Manuel who?

that said i was and remain very skeptical about his potential as a pro. i like what i've seen these past two weeks. and i long figured half his problems at fsu was his oc, but in the end i don't think he has "it" to be a star or even an above average starter in this league.

Interesting, interesting..