PDA

View Full Version : Marrone Sound Bites for the Panthers Game - not as fiery as I thought

ghz in pittsburgh
09-19-2013, 07:42 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sound-FX--Best-of-Buffalo-Bills-head-coach-Doug-Marrone/47c98e07-5bb0-4fbd-ad41-3b1d350a76a0

Especially after the Stevie TD where everyone else was jumping around and he just turned around and said gotta kick the extra point. Loved that that!

Also for an offensive coach for his life, surprised to see him coaching defensive players - superstar defensive players like Mario - that much during the game.

Somehow it reminds me of Jauron in the way of showing not that much emotion. But I just don't see Jauron ever coaching someone like a WR how to run his routes during a game.

justasportsfan
09-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Especially after the Stevie TD where everyone else was jumping around and he just turned around and said gotta kick the extra point. Loved that that!

that's because he too was shocked that Stevie didn't drop it

Yasgur's Farm
09-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Tashard Choice's reaction is priceless.

pmoon6
09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
HaHa. Let me see. What coaches were not fiery? Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry etc. Different coaches have different styles, it all depends on their personality.

All those coaches felt that preparation and adjusting to the other team was the most important thing. Hard to do that when you're not concentrating.

stuckincincy
09-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Hank Stram was colorful. As was Jerry Glanville - the rivalry between him and Sam Wyche was a hoot.

trapezeus
09-19-2013, 09:00 AM
kind of loved his and EJ's response after the int. they calculated when they'd get the ball back and looked for a plan. no defeat in them, just planning for a new scenario.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I swear he was a Bills fan before he was the coach. Did you hear him "We still gotta kick the extra point". LOL.

GreedoII
09-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Don't ever mention that D**K face Jauron again. You sir are out of your mind....

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sound-FX--Best-of-Buffalo-Bills-head-coach-Doug-Marrone/47c98e07-5bb0-4fbd-ad41-3b1d350a76a0

Also for an offensive coach for his life, surprised to see him coaching defensive players - superstar defensive players like Mario - that much during the game.

Somehow it reminds me of Jauron in the way of showing not that much emotion. But I just don't see Jauron ever coaching someone like a WR how to run his routes during a game.

Oaf
09-19-2013, 10:30 AM
That was hilarious when EJ and DM were arguing about who needed to calm the other down before the 2-minute drill.

kishoph
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
That was hilarious when EJ and DM were arguing about who needed to calm the other down before the 2-minute drill.

One thing I think that showed is the rapport that Marrone has with Manuel and probably most if not all his players. I can't imagine Tashard Choice thumping Chan Gailey in the chest after a TD.
Marrone said he could learn to show a little more emotion after a win, but said, he wants all the players to expect to win. I think this team is really buying in to what Marrone and his staff are coaching.

imbondz
09-19-2013, 11:23 AM
'i'm not panicking i'm just making sure you're not'. lol. he was probably panicking on the inside a little.

Michael82
09-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I love hearing and seeing how calm EJ was, even after throwing the INT and right before the 2 minute drill. He has amazing poise!

Night Train
09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
I love hearing and seeing how calm EJ was, even after throwing the INT and right before the 2 minute drill. He has amazing poise!
That he rebounded and converted the winning drive may play huge going forward. He won't get rattled, where Geno Smith DID look rattled when forcing many bad throws.

RedEyE
09-20-2013, 11:32 AM
The Inside the NFL footage shows Marrone a bit more fired up and getting onto Manuel and the lineman a bit. Reality is I think he is a good mix. Just plain honest and tells it like it is but avoids any unnecessary drama in the process.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-20-2013, 12:16 PM
That he rebounded and converted the winning drive may play huge going forward. He won't get rattled, where Geno Smith DID look rattled when forcing many bad throws.

Listening to Marrone's Wed presser, sounded like the Jets have a different approach for Geno than the Bills for EJ. Marrone kept referring to "looking at what they asking him to do", implying they (Jets) may actually put more on Geno's plate than the Bills put of EJ's.

On an entirely different subject, I heard something about Mario Williams being a very different breed in terms of personal character. Small town black dude in a big city (Houston), somewhat a loner. He works hard on and off the field without issues but he's best when someone engages him here and there. Maybe that's why Marrone has been talking to him every chance he gets in game time.

Jeff1220
09-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Listening to Marrone's Wed presser, sounded like the Jets have a different approach for Geno than the Bills for EJ. Marrone kept referring to "looking at what they asking him to do", implying they (Jets) may actually put more on Geno's plate than the Bills put of EJ's.

On an entirely different subject, I heard something about Mario Williams being a very different breed in terms of personal character. Small town black dude in a big city (Houston), somewhat a loner. He works hard on and off the field without issues but he's best when someone engages him here and there. Maybe that's why Marrone has been talking to him every chance he gets in game time.

Re:Mario. I wonder ow much his relationship with the ex-fiance affected his play last year and if the situation has created a bit of an emotional fire in him. Maybe he'll be taking his frustrations out from this situation every Sunday. Like Bobby Boucher, he pictures his fiancee's face on every QB. lol

braddavery
09-20-2013, 02:13 PM
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw that little back-and-forth between Manuel and Marrone. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0rU-Qu1313A

jpdex12
09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
I love it man...but I couldnb't hear what he said. Did he say, "what's up coach?" Regardless, it was funny. I friggin love this ***** man! I got a feeling...

X-Era
09-22-2013, 07:29 AM
What I liked was the emphasis he seems to put on the lines.