PDA

View Full Version : Da'rick gets his chance.

malvado78
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Da'rick Rogers gets promoted from Colts PS to 53 per PFT.

http://wp.me/p14QSB-9hfL

That was pretty quick. I guess we'll see what he makes of himself.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Best of luck to him.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sure he'll do a fine job sitting on their bench.

BillsFever21
09-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Damn he was supposed to be our starting WR this year...

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Bills should trade for him.

Meathead
09-19-2013, 10:54 PM
going into the draft the wr position was arguably the biggest weakness on the team. holy crap what a difference a draft makes

in order of value to the team:

stevie - finally matured and looking like hes elevated his game
woods - this guy just has 'it', our version of hines ward
graham - consistently beating his man long, ejs gotta stop fitzpatricking him
goodwin - primary returner, looked a little shakey running routes so far
easley - special teams standout so far
hogan - zero catches so far, plays st but no stats made yet

frankly im still surprised duhrick couldnt beat out one of the bottom two there but considering he was one of the first cuts it doesnt look like it was even close. hes probably a better wr than goodwin but obviously not as fast and if his head still isnt on straight hes not worth risking someone like hogan to ps

so good luck duhrick. eh whom i kiddin, i dont honestly care lol

clumping platelets
09-20-2013, 01:10 AM
A "James Lofton" type on WR would really look good right now

kishoph
09-20-2013, 04:55 AM
meh

MikeInRoch
09-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I wasn't surprised he didn't make our 53, but I was surprised he didn't even make the practice squad.

JoeMama
09-20-2013, 08:18 AM
A "James Lofton" type on WR would really look good right now

Oh come on.

Let's not liken him to a HOF WR.

don137
09-20-2013, 08:23 AM
The guy has all the physical tools to be a great receiver but how many make it big without the intelligence needed to be successful. He seemed to make too many mental mistakes for a player playing professional football. I hope the best for him but will be surprised if he is in the league and makes his mark 3 years from now.

The Jokeman
09-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Best of luck to him.

Pun intended?

clumping platelets
09-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh come on.

Let's not liken him to a HOF WR.

I mean add a veteran WR like we did when we added James Lofton :duh:

ServoBillieves
09-20-2013, 10:49 AM
A practice squad player who was cut by us in the first round of cuts is now on a 53 man roster and sitting behind Reggie Wayne, Darius Heyward-Bey, TY Hilton, David Reed and the incomparable Griff Whalen, not to mention Coby Fleener?

Can't wait until they bust out that 7 receiver set so he can prove his worth. Real glad this thread was made for the new James Lofton of the NFL. They're so lucky to have Luck, Richardson, and NOW Da'Rick Rogers. All they needed was that stud WR that so unbelievably fell in to their laps. I mean, EVERY team wanted him, how the hell did such an incredible talent slip under the radar? I bet he gets 2 TD's this weekend.

Should we make a new "best wishes" thread for each old Bills player? I forgot to congratulate Willis McGahee for getting signed by the Browns and John Potter for signing with the Redskins.

malvado78
09-20-2013, 10:57 AM
A practice squad player who was cut by us in the first round of cuts is now on a 53 man roster and sitting behind Reggie Wayne, Darius Heyward-Bey, TY Hilton, David Reed and the incomparable Griff Whalen, not to mention Coby Fleener?

Can't wait until they bust out that 7 receiver set so he can prove his worth. Real glad this thread was made for the new James Lofton of the NFL. They're so lucky to have Luck, Richardson, and NOW Da'Rick Rogers. All they needed was that stud WR that so unbelievably fell in to their laps. I mean, EVERY team wanted him, how the hell did such an incredible talent slip under the radar? I bet he gets 2 TD's this weekend.

Should we make a new "best wishes" thread for each old Bills player? I forgot to congratulate Willis McGahee for getting signed by the Browns and John Potter for signing with the Redskins.

Wow! Got piss in your Wheaties much?

Kid looks to have talent but is immature/not all that smart. I personally was wondering how long it would take for a team to put him on a squad. Figured it was just as appropriate as the FJ has 4 kids in one day... Oh not really just a poorly typed snetnece (msipelled aon purpoase...)

SpikedLemonade
09-24-2013, 05:08 PM
The Colts cut him today.

BillsFever21
09-24-2013, 05:20 PM
The Colts cut him today.

Well that didn't take long with one game of being on the active roster. This is two teams that have already given up on him within 3 weeks of his rookie season. That isn't a good sign at all. Lets bring him back and make him our #2 or #3 WR.

He is just another post-draft player that is hyped up by too many people because of what they saw in a couple games or what they read by the "scouting experts" on the internet. Great combine numbers and other stuff doesn't always equate to being a good NFL player. You need to have something upstairs and be somewhat mature along with it. We have these types of players every year. There was a reason why he wasn't drafted and already released by two teams.

Meathead
09-24-2013, 06:01 PM
yeah im darick rogers. yeah i was on the bills and colts a week ago. you wanna buy some weed or what?

Turf
09-24-2013, 06:20 PM
After seeing our offense I'm surprised he couldn't learn it. I know whats coming after two weeks.

Homegrown
09-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Martin Nance > Da'rick

Raptor
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
What happens first, Rogers catches an NFL pass or catches a felony charge?

ServoBillieves
09-24-2013, 08:43 PM
What a smart talent. Can't believe we didn't keep him.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2013, 09:30 PM

Fleener is a tight end and Whalen was Luck's favorite wideout at Stanford. I think Rogers goes back to the PS if he clears waivers (which he will)

trapezeus
09-25-2013, 09:49 AM
where is NTD these days? remember how many of these bums he called as being excellent and no reason to panic.

Can we admit that the team sucks?

better days
09-25-2013, 09:58 AM
where is NTD these days? remember how many of these bums he called as being excellent and no reason to panic.

INJURIES SUCK. If this team were healthy from the first game, including Gilmore, I think it is reasonable to think the Bills could be 3-0 at this point.

justasportsfan
09-25-2013, 10:00 AM

not yet. Somone might predict 11-5 ;)

trapezeus
09-25-2013, 11:05 AM
not yet. Somone might predict 11-5 ;)

again i said 11-5, if they beat the pats and specifically said if they don't that it would be likely a similar season.

the OC needs to get the oline coached up like pettine has undeperforming defensive players playing better than last year. and then the OC needs to come up with a reasonable game plan other than run run pass.

And better days, gilmore isn't making this team a 3-0 team. their problems are on offense and inability to do anything meaningful consistently.

They are an 0-3 team that stole one game at this point. Everyone needs to get better because if this is how it's going to be for the remainder of the year, they are looking at a long season.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2013, 11:27 AM
And better days, gilmore isn't making this team a 3-0 team. their problems are on offense and inability to do anything meaningful consistently.

They are an 0-3 team that stole one game at this point. Everyone needs to get better because if this is how it's going to be for the remainder of the year, they are looking at a long season.

As much as Fitz blows, the Bills would be 3-0 with him.

trapezeus
09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
As much as Fitz blows, the Bills would be 3-0 with him.

not with this line and not with these 3 gameplans on the offensive side.

How do 2 RB who were really good last year become completely useless the following year? are we really supposed to discredit losing a guard and replacing him with a guy who is graded the worst of the 32 starting left guards?

it's not like these RB are seeing any daylight.

Once again russ brandon and crew have decided to let people who deserve to get paid go. This is brandon and littman's baby. and every dollar they save gets into their accts. and there is no one to stop them.

justasportsfan
09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
They are an 0-3 team that stole one game at this point.
what? You can say that the Pats stole the first game too. Just stick with the record for what it is.

trapezeus
09-25-2013, 12:51 PM
fine, they are 1-2, but if they continue to be as unimaginative as they've been through 3 games and the injuries mount, it will be hard to win many games with teams who are cerebral, build a team around their lines, and find skill players in key positions.

our skill guys are all young and learning a new system.
our line guys on O suck. Our line guys on d don't have enough depth or starters past the front 4. oh, and they are starting to get hurt.
our coaches on the offensive side keep doing the same thing while the defensive coaches are bailing them out time and time again.

stuckincincy
09-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Fleener is a tight end and Whalen was Luck's favorite wideout at Stanford. I think Rogers goes back to the PS if he clears waivers (which he will)

CIN has Whalen on their active roster - he wouldn't have made it to their ps, and if he did, it was likely that IND would offer him a contract. If healthy, wr Andrew Hawkins came come off of IR in week 8. That makes 7, so either Whalen or Dane Sanzenbacher looks to get the ax.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
CIN has Whalen on their active roster - he wouldn't have made it to their ps, and if he did, it was likely that IND would offer him a contract. If healthy, wr Andrew Hawkins came come off of IR in week 8. That makes 7, so either Whalen or Dane Sanzenbacher looks to get the ax.

Cincy had Ryan Whalen, Indy has Griff. Yes, Stanford had two Whalens playing wide receiver at the same time. And yes it was confusing for me.

JoeMama
09-25-2013, 04:41 PM
The only thing Da'Rick Rogers needs a second chance at is his birth certificate.

Maybe he can spell his first name better than his mom did.

BillsFever21
09-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Every season we hear the same people using injuries an an excuse why we have a losing record. Even over a couple seasons when we didn't have many injuries we still heard the same thing. Every team is going to experience injuries. The good teams work around it and the bad teams continue to lose. If it's not just injuries then it's injuries and the refs. Even if we lose marginal starters or backup players they will use them as an excuse.

Injuries happen in the NFL and having depth is also part of having a decent team. The Bills never have any because we always let our good players walk and we really don't sign anybody in free agency. The marginal players we do sign is brought in to be our starters. Green Bay won the Super Bowl a few years ago with almost half of their starters on injured reserve.

stuckincincy
09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Cincy had Ryan Whalen, Indy has Griff. Yes, Stanford had two Whalens playing wide receiver at the same time. And yes it was confusing for me.

Heh - I didn't know there was a Griff Whalen.

Turns out that Ryan W. was the first Stanford wr drafted since 2003 (Teyo Johnson).