PDA

View Full Version : Jets guy I never heard of is gonna hit Spiller in the mouth.......

Thief
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Come on man....

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/09/jets_safety_antonio_allen_on_how_to_slow_bills_running_back_cj_spiller_hit_him_in_the_mouth.html

“I’m familiar with Spiller,” Allen said. “He’s still talented to this day. He’s still the same guy to me (as he was in high school). I think you’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Nobody likes to get hit in the mouth. Be aggressive with him, be physical and that should take care of it. You’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Since high school, he’s been that type of guy. If you hit him in the mouth, he’s always looking for you once you lay that wood on him one time. He’ll be looking for you next time.”

Does Allen believe laying a lick on Spiller can affect him more than other backs?
“Yeah, I think so,” Allen said

Generalissimus Gibby
09-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Seventh rounder trash talking? Damn, if we don't win this game, we don't deserve much this season.

better days
09-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Come on man....

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/09/jets_safety_antonio_allen_on_how_to_slow_bills_running_back_cj_spiller_hit_him_in_the_mouth.html

“I’m familiar with Spiller,” Allen said. “He’s still talented to this day. He’s still the same guy to me (as he was in high school). I think you’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Nobody likes to get hit in the mouth. Be aggressive with him, be physical and that should take care of it. You’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Since high school, he’s been that type of guy. If you hit him in the mouth, he’s always looking for you once you lay that wood on him one time. He’ll be looking for you next time.”

Does Allen believe laying a lick on Spiller can affect him more than other backs?
“Yeah, I think so,” Allen said

Allen is a 7th rnd pick of the Jets from 2 years ago. Starting Safety this year after not playing very much hiss rookie year.

I doubt he can catch Spiller to hit him.

Thief
09-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Allen is a 7th rnd pick of the Jets from 2 years ago. Starting Safety this year after not playing very much hiss rookie year.

I doubt he can catch Spiller to hit him.
That is kind of my point with the thread title. Or at least what I am implying in a nut shell.

OLDSRIP
09-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Good, I hope he is the last guy after CJ clears the linebackers. He will be trying to hammer CJ and CJ will give a little move and be gone. And he will be on his butt.

coastal
09-20-2013, 03:19 PM
This is going to be a tough game for the bills.

they have out physicaled the Bills and I can promise you Rex is going to have them ready to do some punching.

This is a significant game for this young team.

Buffalogic
09-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds like he was just responding to a question imo

Meathead
09-20-2013, 05:40 PM
i think he needed to say hit him in the mouth one more time

swiper
09-20-2013, 05:40 PM
We still have FJax. And he's as tough as anyone in the league.

BillsFever21
09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
The Bills must win this game or we could easily be 1-3 after the Baltimore game. We haven't beat the Jets in their stadium in 4 years and we can't get a 2nd loss in the division and the conference this early in the season. No matter how bad the Jets are they seem to beat the snot out of us most of the time.

BillsWin
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Who?

BLeonard
09-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Seventh rounder trash talking? Damn, if we don't win this game, we don't deserve much this season.

Yet, some people think that it's OK when Stevie Johnson does it...

-Bill

kishoph
09-20-2013, 07:20 PM

-Bill

What Stevie said does not even come close to what Allen is saying, if anything Stevie was complementary to the Pats CB's.

BLeonard
09-20-2013, 07:39 PM
What Stevie said does not even come close to what Allen is saying, if anything Stevie was complementary to the Pats CB's.

"I don't think they got nobody that can stop me," Johnson said this afternoon at One Bills Drive. "For real."

How exactly is this "complementary"...?

According to the box score, Johnson had 3 catches for 39 yards and 1 TD while being targeted 6 times... Fred Jackson had more catches and receiving yards than Mr. "I don't think they got nobody that can stop me."

Personally, I hope the Bills make Allen and the Jets eat their words on Sunday... I just find it funny that people make a big deal out of an opponent saying something, but it's apparently completely OK when a player on their team says something, then can't even back up his words.

-Bill

Buffalo Thriller
09-20-2013, 08:11 PM
I hate the damn Jets.

mightysimi
09-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Except Stevie is a proven producer in the league.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I hate the Jets

The Popcorn
09-20-2013, 09:57 PM
That would be a penalty, wouldn't it?

better days
09-20-2013, 10:05 PM
The Bills must win this game or we could easily be 1-3 after the Baltimore game. We haven't beat the Jets in their stadium in 4 years and we can't get a 2nd loss in the division and the conference this early in the season. No matter how bad the Jets are they seem to beat the snot out of us most of the time.

This is the thinking from the Jets fans as well. In their home where they have owned the Bills since Rex was made HC.

I will say, before the season started, Jets fan thought they would win this game like 37-3.

Now most Jets fans think the Jets win but by a TD or less.

DynaPaul
09-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Lord, they just won't shut up over in New Jersey...

JCBills
09-21-2013, 12:16 AM

-Bill

Except Stevie has three 1,000 yd seasons in a row, and this clown has 3 starts.

Turf
09-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Sounds like ****ing ass kicking time. Bye Jets. Your turn to suck.

pmoon6
09-21-2013, 11:41 AM

-BillI don't recall Stevie insinuating another player is a pussy.

RedEyE
09-21-2013, 02:48 PM
The guy basically said 'in order to stop Spiller you need to lay wood on his mouth'.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up the Jets

kishoph
09-22-2013, 05:27 AM
How exactly is this "complementary"...?

-Bill

He went on to say “I give a lot of credit to the Patriots. They play as one unit. … They’re aggressive. It’s going to be a test. It’s going to be a challenge” Stevie also talked about having respect for McCourty and Chung (even though Chung is no longer a Pat). That quite a difference than basically saying that if you hit someone in the mouth, they'll fold. There's no comparison to what Stevie and Allen said.

mush69
09-22-2013, 06:04 AM
I say we do the same thing to Geno today! Lay some wood around his mouth and get after the second round pick. If the defense contains Geno and gets after him he will fold up like an origami jet!

better days
09-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I say we do the same thing to Geno today! Lay some wood around his mouth and get after the second round pick. If the defense contains Geno and gets after him he will fold up like an origami jet!

Talk on the Jets board is the Jets defense will make EJ look like the Rookie he is & that is the reason they expect to win the game.

They don't expect the Bills defense to do the same to Geno. They are in for a rude awakening.

​GO BILLS, SCREW THE JETS & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

BleedinGreenNC
09-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Talk on the Jets board is the Jets defense will make EJ look like the Rookie he is & that is the reason they expect to win the game.

They don't expect the Bills defense to do the same to Geno. They are in for a rude awakening.

​GO BILLS, SCREW THE JETS & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

They pressured Geno into those picks, but the Jets D exposed EJ. He will get better as time goes by, most QB's have issues with the Jets D.

Thief
09-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Guess this dude was right. Cromarty slapped him into fumbling out of bounds on like his second carry and it looked like he was afraid to cross the line of scrimmage after that.

albertjenney
09-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I hate jets

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I hate jets

So much hate!

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 10:09 AM
They pressured Geno into those picks, but the Jets D exposed EJ. He will get better as time goes by, most QB's have issues with the Jets D.They sure did. The comeback win last week gave some an over inflated sense of where the team is. We are very young at a lot of positions and like I said, regardless of the relative strength of the Jets or the Bills, on paper, traditionally it's a tough game. Even in the early '90's when we were winning, the Jets were usually a tough test.

However, you could see the effect of our depleted secondary. I don't really like to jump on players that have the talent and worked hard to make an NFL roster, but Rogers got roasted and toasted yesterday.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 10:13 AM
10 carries, 9 yards... Left the game at the start of the 3rd quarter... Guess he was right...

Sidenote: Stevie picked up yet another penalty yesterday for taunting, negating a first down. But, it's cool for him to talk trash, right?

At least this guy from the Jets talked smack when it wouldn't cost his team on the football field.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 10:19 AM
10 carries, 9 yards... Left the game at the start of the 3rd quarter... Guess he was right...

Sidenote: Stevie picked up yet another penalty yesterday for taunting, negating a first down. But, it's cool for him to talk trash, right?

At least this guy from the Jets talked smack when it wouldn't cost his team on the football field.

-BillTranslation: Bills' suck.

Go root for the Colts. Buffalo doesn't need *****es calling themselves Bills' Fans.

BTW, The taunting rule is a joke and just another way for officials to help determine the outcome of games.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Translation: Bills' suck.

Go root for the Colts. Buffalo doesn't need *****es calling themselves Bills' Fans.

So, it's OK for you to criticize players, but if anyone else does it, they're just a "*****" that should root for another team... Got it.

-Bill

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
They sure did. The comeback win last week gave some an over inflated sense of where the team is. We are very young at a lot of positions and like I said, regardless of the relative strength of the Jets or the Bills, on paper, traditionally it's a tough game. Even in the early '90's when we were winning, the Jets were usually a tough test.

However, you could see the effect of our depleted secondary. I don't really like to jump on players that have the talent and worked hard to make an NFL roster, but Rogers got roasted and toasted yesterday.

That would happen with the Jets if Cro went down. Wilson is our Rogers.

- - - Updated - - -

-Bill

But Wilson made up for that.

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 10:41 AM
So, it's OK for you to criticize players, but if anyone else does it, they're just a "*****" that should root for another team... Got it.

-BillI call them like I see them, but my every post isn't some kind of butt hurt rant because we lost by two, three or seven points. I don't recall you ever saying anything remotely positive and you take the opportunity to cry after every loss.

The team is a work in progress, we have been competitive even starting a rookie QB that should be on the bench in better circumstances. 3/4 of our starting defensive backfield is out. Rookie HC and OC. Of course, you want them to win every game NOW.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I call them like I see them, but my every post isn't some kind of butt hurt rant because we lost by two, three or seven points. I don't recall you ever saying anything remotely positive and you take the opportunity to cry after every loss.

Not been much to be positive about over the past 13 seasons... Just calling them like I see them.

The team is a work in progress, we have been competitive even starting a rookie QB that should be on the bench in better circumstances. 3/4 of our starting defensive backfield is out. Rookie HC and OC. Of course, you want them to win every game NOW.

Why shouldn't winning now be expected? Do you think Marrone is saying "Well, it's OK that we lost, we're a work in progress... I'm a rookie Head Coach and we have a rookie OC." Do you think EJ is saying, "Well, I should be on the bench, but at least we're competitive."

I'm curious... Did you defend the Bills not signing Levitre because "guards aren't worth that much" too? The Bills are currently over $19 million under the cap... So, would some of that money had been better spent on "overpaying" Levitre, or sitting in Ralph Wilson's wallet? On top of that, the Bills couldn't even be bothered to sign Levitre's backup last offseason.

Were you one of the ones that said "Just give Byrd what he wants"? So far, Byrd has made $1,296,750 without even setting his sore little tootsies on the playing field. How much should the Bills have paid him to not play..?

It's funny how, for the past 13 seasons, those who haven't had much positive to say and "cry after every loss" have been right about 90-95% of the time.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Not been much to be positive about over the past 13 seasons... Just calling them like I see them.

Why shouldn't winning now be expected? Do you think Marrone is saying "Well, it's OK that we lost, we're a work in progress... I'm a rookie Head Coach and we have a rookie OC." Do you think EJ is saying, "Well, I should be on the bench, but at least we're competitive."

I'm curious... Did you defend the Bills not signing Levitre because "guards aren't worth that much" too? The Bills are currently over $19 million under the cap... So, would some of that money had been better spent on "overpaying" Levitre, or sitting in Ralph Wilson's wallet? On top of that, the Bills couldn't even be bothered to sign Levitre's backup last offseason.

Were you one of the ones that said "Just give Byrd what he wants"? So far, Byrd has made $1,296,750 without even setting his sore little tootsies on the playing field. How much should the Bills have paid him to not play..?

It's funny how, for the past 13 seasons, those who haven't had much positive to say and "cry after every loss" have been right about 90-95% of the time.

-BillNo, I think Jairus Byrd should be traded and I wasn't even close to wanting to give him top 3 money. More like top ten. I wouldn't have paid Levitre 9 million a year either.

Your last sentence reveals what you are all about as a fan. It's more important to be right than support your team. You are probably one of the imbeciles that donated his money for the billboard in Buffalo pushing for Jauron's firing. Of course I say imbecile because that single act practically guaranteed that no top coach would ever come to Buffalo. It's a fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. Even the great Mike Shanahan is 0-3 with a team that went to the playoffs last year. How can you jump on the Bills' when they are basically starting over?

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 11:38 AM
No, I think Jairus Byrd should be traded and I wasn't even close to wanting to give him top 3 money. More like top ten. I wouldn't have paid Levitre 9 million a year either.

So, you support the idea of Ralph Wilson pocketing over $19 million in cap money, while worsening the on-field product...

Your last sentence reveals what you are all about as a fan. It's more important to be right than support your team.

Like many who feel the same way I do, we'd love to be proven wrong... Unfortunately, it hasn't happened in nearly a decade and a half.

You are probably one of the imbeciles that donated his money for the billboard in Buffalo pushing for Jauron's firing.

Nope.

Of course I say imbecile because that single act practically guaranteed that no top coach would ever come to Buffalo.

So, you're saying Marrone isn't a top coach? So, we're wasting our time yet again?

Billboards have zero affect on a coach wanting or not wanting to come to a town... The primary motivation is money. The Bills FO doesn't pay the money for top tier coaching and/or front office personnel and never has... So, they don't get top tier coaching and/or front office personnel.

It's a fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. Even the great Mike Shanahan is 0-3 with a team that went to the playoffs last year.

I don't recall ever claiming that Mike Shanahan is "great." But, the Redskins hired him the same year that the Bills hired Chan Gailey. You're delusional if you think that a billboard was the difference between hiring Shanahan and having to settle for Gailey, who wasn't even in the NFL at the time. The difference was money, plain and simple. The Redskins were willing to pay it, so they got Shanahan. The Bills weren't and had to settle for someone in their budget, which apparently was Gailey. But, speaking of coaches, how's Andy Reid doing in KC so far...?

How can you jump on the Bills' when they are basically starting over?
Pretty sure that the phrase "Don't confuse effort with results" is now displayed in the Bills Fieldhouse... I'm just holding them to that standard.

-Bill

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
So, you support the idea of Ralph Wilson pocketing over $19 million in cap money, while worsening the on-field product...

Like many who feel the same way I do, we'd love to be proven wrong... Unfortunately, it hasn't happened in nearly a decade and a half.

Nope.

So, you're saying Marrone isn't a top coach? So, we're wasting our time yet again?

Billboards have zero affect on a coach wanting or not wanting to come to a town... The primary motivation is money. The Bills FO doesn't pay the money for top tier coaching and/or front office personnel and never has... So, they don't get top tier coaching and/or front office personnel.

I don't recall ever claiming that Mike Shanahan is "great." But, the Redskins hired him the same year that the Bills hired Chan Gailey. You're delusional if you think that a billboard was the difference between hiring Shanahan and having to settle for Gailey, who wasn't even in the NFL at the time. The difference was money, plain and simple. The Redskins were willing to pay it, so they got Shanahan. The Bills weren't and had to settle for someone in their budget, which apparently was Gailey. But, speaking of coaches, how's Andy Reid doing in KC so far...?

Pretty sure that the phrase "Don't confuse effort with results" is now displayed in the Bills Fieldhouse... I'm just holding them to that standard.

-BillWhat I meant was a top name coach who has had success in the NFL, like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan (I believe we offered him the same money as Washington, but he chose DC) I would have love to have Buffalo talk Tony Dungy out of retirement and I wanted us to sign Lovie Smith as coach. I don't know if we even tried or either were interested. Still, it doesn't look good for a prospective coach to see how the fans treat somebody when they don't turn it around in 3 years.

BTW, I have actually met Mike Shanahan twice. He was buddies with my former company's owners and came to visit them often. He's an arrogant ass, but he did win two Super Bowls and had a habit of turning a lot of running backs into All Pro's, regardless of pedigree. I would say that makes him a great coach.

The jury is out on Marrone and we won't really know for a couple years. I fully expect to hear the boobirds and the critics to call for his head should we not make the playoffs next year. I think it's embedded in Bills' Fans DNA, or at least the segment of our fanbase that you represent.

BLeonard
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
What I meant was a top name coach who has had success in the NFL, like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan (I believe we offered him the same money as Washington, but he chose DC) I would have love to have Buffalo talk Tony Dungy out of retirement and I wanted us to sign Lovie Smith as coach. I don't know if we even tried or either were interested. Still, it doesn't look good for a prospective coach to see how the fans treat somebody when they don't turn it around in 3 years.

The main part I disagree with here is the "I believe we offered him the same money as Washington" part. I know there was a statement around that time of Ralph being willing to pay $10 million for a HC, but I don't buy it... Saying you're willing to and actually doing it are two completely different things. Sorry, I just don't buy that, if the Bills were really willing to pay a HC $10 million that the best they could do was Chan Gailey.

BTW, I have actually met Mike Shanahan twice. He was buddies with my former company's owners and came to visit them often. He's an arrogant ass, but he did win two Super Bowls and had a habit of turning a lot of running backs into All Pro's, regardless of pedigree. I would say that makes him a great coach.

Having a Hall-Of-Famer at QB and a probable HOF RB probably helped a bit, too. Without Elway and Davis at the same time, he hasn't done a whole lot.

The jury is out on Marrone and we won't really know for a couple years. I fully expect to hear the boobirds and the critics to call for his head should we not make the playoffs next year. I think it's embedded in Bills' Fans DNA, or at least the segment of our fanbase that you represent.

Please point out where I said Marrone should be fired. You won't be able to, because I haven't said it.

-Bill