PDA

View Full Version : X's keys to the game

X-Era
09-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Did you know that the Jets are the 2nd ranked defense? 4th against the run with a measly 59.5 yards per game and 6th against the pass with 181.5 yards per game?

But the Bills are 4th ranked rushing team in the league with 142.5 yards per game on the ground.

Can the Bills run on the Jets this week? If not we have to rely on EJ through the air. We're 23rd in the league for passing yards per game with 218.5.

Passing TD's we are 13th in the league with 3. Were 13th in the league with 1 rushing TD. Glad it's not Friday...

And as far as the Jets go on offense? 26th in the league for passing yards per game and 12th rushing in the league... But they go up against the Bills 13th ranked rush D and our 30th ranked pass D.

So... I see a low scoring game with two defenses who dominate the opposing offense. To win we have to force turnovers and not give up the ball ourselves. I think it will come down to EJ getting enough yards through the air to get the FG(s) to win the game. I'd love to see the OL step way up and give us a strong rush performance. But, I just don't expect much on the ground today. On D, I think we could see a multiple pick game with multiple sacks as well. We may give up some yards on the ground but this game will feel more like a bend-don't-break game with us giving up little points in the red-zone.

This one likely won't be pretty but could sport some really nice defensive highlights... Mario could have a big day... Geno is tied for 4th as most sacked with 9.

Bills win 10-6 with a defensive TD and a FG.

Homegrown
09-22-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't know the stats, but the Bills gotta stop taking drive killing penalities.....

X-Era
09-22-2013, 10:42 AM
I don't know the stats, but the Bills gotta stop taking drive killing penalities.....
:clap:

#1 key to the game that didn't make my list.

kishoph
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm looking for Spiller to have a good game, the last 2 games vs the Jets he's averaged 162 yards from scrimmage. Geno Smith has been hanging on to the ball, averaging 3.6 seconds per drop back, that's crazy long, Rex Ryan is probably gonna have him try to get rid of it quicker, which I think (hope) will lead to some turnovers. Jeremy Kerley is back for the Jets, he hurt the Bills bad last season, they have to stop him, receiving and returns. Tampa Bay had success with short quick passes/ slants, the Bills can take advantage of that. I'm sure Ryan is going to try and pressure EJ Manuel, so far this season Manuel does not look like he's is easily rattled.