Browns fire sale continues: Little and Gordon on the block.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Browns fire sale continues: Little and Gordon on the block.

I think Gordon is worth an offer. He's a bit of a knucklehead but he's damn good. 800 yards and 5TDs with Weeden and Lewis throwing to him.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Browns fire sale continues: Little and Gordon on the block.

I'd go after Gordon except the Bills really like the young corp they have.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      I'd go after Gordon except the Bills really like the young corp they have.
      I'd take Gordon over Hogan or Easley any day. Not to mention it would be nice to have some more height at wideout since we keep picking 6' or below

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...94762652545024

I think Gordon is worth an offer. He's a bit of a knucklehead but he's damn good. 800 yards and 5TDs with Weeden and Lewis throwing to him.
        Gordon is a good young WR, I don't understand why the Browns would move him and have an ill feeling the team making an offer for him might be the Patriots. Yet I can't see us taking a chance as think Stevie and Woods are a solid 1/2 and can't see us breaking that up unless we could steal Gordon for something like a 4th Round pick.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...94762652545024

I wonder what's up? House cleaning generally occurs before the roster is set.

A decent conspiracy theorist would ponder about the legal fix their owner is in.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
            I wonder what's up? House cleaning generally occurs before the roster is set.

A decent conspiracy theorist would ponder about the legal fix their owner is in.
            My theory is that the team is basically furious that Lombardi threw up the white flag before the leaves changed, so he's trying to pull in as many picks as possible.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

My theory is that the team is basically furious that Lombardi threw up the white flag before the leaves changed, so he's trying to pull in as many picks as possible.

I'd think that more dumpings would raise the level of acrimony if you are talking about the players, when you mention team. I find it hard to believe that any player moves happen without informing and getting consent of the team ownership.

Sounds like marching orders were issued.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                I'd think that more dumpings would raise the level of acrimony if you are talking about the players, when you mention team. I find it hard to believe that any player moves happen without informing and getting consent of the team ownership.

Sounds like marching orders were issued.
                Well obviously you don't move the teams' franchise halfback without authorization from above.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  Gordon is a good young WR, I don't understand why the Browns would move him and have an ill feeling the team making an offer for him might be the Patriots. Yet I can't see us taking a chance as think Stevie and Woods are a solid 1/2 and can't see us breaking that up unless we could steal Gordon for something like a 4th Round pick.
                  Woods is still unproven and Stevie might be miscast as the true #1. Gordon would give us another flanker to move either Woods or Stevie into the slot where I think they could shine even more.

Comment

• Frenchman
                    June and Summertime!
                    • Apr 2012

Despite being a you know what, Maybe Gordon could help us out. Browns are losing people really fast!
                    ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I'd take Gordon over Hogan or Easley any day. Not to mention it would be nice to have some more height at wideout since we keep picking 6' or below
                      Maybe if it was one or the other straight up, but is Gordon worth giving up a draft pick or some other compensation?

I honestly don't know anything about the guy so I don't know the answer- just throwing the question out there for thought/discussion.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Maybe if it was one or the other straight up, but is Gordon worth giving up a draft pick or some other compensation?

I honestly don't know anything about the guy so I don't know the answer- just throwing the question out there for thought/discussion.
                        IMO yes. He was excellent at Baylor but came out in the Supplemental Draft after he had some off-field issues. Nothing super high (he still has those issues) but a 4th rounder that could become a third would be just fine in my book. If they'd send back a pick I might go higher.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

since the whole manning/luck situation it looks like the league tradition has shifted. it used to be you had to at least appear like you are trying to give yourself a chance to win every season or the public would judge you harshly and season tix holders would revolt. now it appears that veil has lifted to the point that you can intentionally weaken your team if you feel like you have the chance to draft a really highly rated player, most likely a qb

its blatently obvious this is what cleveland is doing. indy did theirs very craftily, they didnt just have a fire sale like clev is doing. once manning went down they just subtley started paring their roster of aging but still very capable vets and played a bunch of young bucks to get painful but crucial experience. once they added luck they already had a maturing roster and were good to go

its not like either of these teams are throwing games with coaching decisions, which would always be condemned, they are just intentionally weakening themselves so they struggle to compete. with cleveland being so blatent about it, its going to embolden more teams to follow suit in the near future. we are probably only a few seasons away from a draft lottery
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Well obviously you don't move the teams' franchise halfback without authorization from above.
                            Indeed obvious.

Something irks me here. Hawking Richardson for a #1 - ok. Continuing to dump others after 2 games?"

Perhaps it's just me, but the CLE situation is odd.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Frenchman View Post
                              Despite being a you know what, Maybe Gordon could help us out.
                              racist
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X