PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Winfield may play on special teams for Sunday

northernbillfan
09-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Could he be the help we need on special teams?

From Buffalo News
Only one starter - free safety Pierson Prioleau - was on the unit last week against the Jets. Winfield claimed Wednesday he was not sure if he'd be on the unit. But he said he'd be willing to do the job. He was on the coverage unit his first two seasons.

And he says..."I pride myself in going out there and making tackles," Winfield said. "I think I'm the best tackler on this team. If they need me out there, I'll be out there."

lordofgun
09-12-2002, 01:08 PM
That's crazy talk. The special teams will be fine.

casdhf
09-12-2002, 01:09 PM
at least he's doing something about our ****ty special teams.

casdhf
09-12-2002, 01:09 PM
haha, oops...can't say ****

northernbillfan
09-12-2002, 01:19 PM
I hear you log.

IMO they will make the neccesary adjustments to prevent anything like that happening again!

It's that damn wedge again.

lordofgun
09-12-2002, 01:21 PM
They didn't tackle. Tackling helps.

venis2k1
09-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Thats not true, Eddie Robinson was on SP. TEAMS.

blcny
09-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Anything for the team. My kind of player.

RedEyE
09-12-2002, 09:56 PM
So does anyone know when Tasker is coming out of retirement?

NoCtUrNaL
09-12-2002, 10:03 PM
You know what pisses me off...I think a kicker should be able to either:

A. Kick it into the endzone everytime

or

B. Freaking be able to tackle

I can't believe it's that hard to find some dude that can kick a football off a tee at least 70 yards down field.

They should put an ad out....

Needed: one dude to kick a football off tee at least 70+ yards in the air.

Pay: at least $250,000 for 16 days work

casdhf
09-12-2002, 10:08 PM
I can do it. I mean, I'll have to tone it down to only kick 70 :rolleyes:

NoCtUrNaL
09-12-2002, 10:13 PM
Seriously though, think of it, if you could consistently kick a football of a tee 70+ yards down field allot of teams would hire that person and they'd have to pay them the base minimum, so they'd stand to make $15,625 a day for kicking a football maybe 6 or 7 times a game.

venis2k1
09-12-2002, 10:15 PM
If i have to take the beating Moorman took sunday, count me out ;)

shelby
09-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Winfield has the right attitude. Do what you can to help your team succeed.
:D

NoCtUrNaL
09-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Winfield has the right attitude. Do what you can to help your team succeed.
:D

The concern is exposing a starter to injury.

Sabre Ally
09-13-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I can do it. I mean, I'll have to tone it down to only kick 70 :rolleyes:

Can you kick field goals, puppy? You have to be able to do those too. :whip:

NoCtUrNaL
09-13-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

Can you kick field goals, puppy? You have to be able to do those too.

Actually, there have been teams that have hired a kicker to handle nothing but kickoffs. It's worth the 2 or $300,000 you'd have to pay a guy if he can consistently kick it through the end zone.

northernbillfan
09-13-2002, 03:33 AM
Kicking it through the end zone is NOT the answer. Steve Christie had a knack for dropping the ball on the 5 yard line with Steve Tasker downing it on the 2 or 3. Through the end zone gives them the 20. Which is acceptable, at times.

We need to block and tackle better. One of your pics showed the miss by Bryson, Morton was his man on the game winning run back... Morton passes Bryson (http://www.k81o5.com/great.jpg) Everyone else was doing their jobs!

If Winfield was behind the wedge like Bryson was, Morton would have been dropped like a bag of beets.

The_Philster
09-13-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Kicking it through the end zone is NOT the answer. Steve Christie had a knack for dropping the ball on the 5 yard line with Steve Tasker downing it on the 2 or 3. Through the end zone gives them the 20. Which is acceptable, at times.

We need to block and tackle better. One of your pics showed the miss by Bryson, Morton was his man on the game winning run back... Morton passes Bryson (http://www.k81o5.com/great.jpg) Everyone else was doing their jobs!

If Winfield was behind the wedge like Bryson was, Morton would have been dropped like a bag of beets.

That happened more on punts than anything else but good point.

NoCtUrNaL
09-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

Any coach in the NFL would give their left one for a kicker (not punter...kicker) that could kick it through the end zone every time making the opposing team start at their own 20.

casdhf
09-13-2002, 08:46 AM
On a punt kicking it on the endzone is bad. On a kickoff, if the guy drops it on the 2 yardline and Tasker would get it, it would be Bills ball :up: