X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Don't give the defense a pass.

149 yards rushing to who? Not a sniff of Smith all day. Mario back to Mr Invisible. 510 yards to the Jets? Are they really better than last year?
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Don't give the defense a pass.

They are. Justin Rogers accounts for probably half of that at least. Our secondary is devastated by injuries and our defense has played well enough to win while the offense does nothing but go three and out.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

510 yards.

Enough said.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
        They are. Justin Rogers accounts for probably half of that at least. Our secondary is devastated by injuries and our defense has played well enough to win while the offense does nothing but go three and out.
        We are last in rushing D. Run over by some no name. No pressure again. Killed on 3rd and long on the first drive for a TD. Yeah Rogers blows. I give you that but I don't see any reason to say they are better than last year.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

The run defense is a concern but honestly each week this defense has kept the team in the game in spite of the offense.

I'm not saying they're perfect but it's an improvement from last year. It's just the offense looks like a complete turd... Gailey would get much more out of this same personnel.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• nyballa561
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            We are last in rushing D. Run over by some no name. No pressure again. Killed on 3rd and long on the first drive for a TD. Yeah Rogers blows. I give you that but I don't see any reason to say they are better than last year.
            I think they're better just by replacing Sanchez with Smith, while both are turnover prone Smith can make passes downfield.... also I dont recall their D-line being as good as they were today, are they that good or was that our o line?

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

With next to no secondary after McKelvin went down, the D couldn't afford to stack the box to stop the run. We were getting gashed badly enough in the passing game as it was. They needed as much help back there as they could get.
              TOP again showed a big differential. The Jest had the football for 9 minutes more than the Bills did.
              The secondary and the offense were our biggest problems in this game. We converted only 22% of our 3rd downs, which is miserable. Way too many 3 and outs today.
              We lost the game in the air, and by our own inability to run the football.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

149 yards rushing to who? Not a sniff of Smith all day. Mario back to Mr Invisible. 510 yards to the Jets? Are they really better than last year?
                If you keep having to go back out on the field every 90 seconds..the yards are going to add up. They had some break downs...but you just can't keep saying...stop 'em again. I mean, they actually did cause them to punt 7 times and caused 2 turnovers.

No, I don't think they played a great game...but damn...that offense is really putting a lot on them.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  If you keep having to go back out on the field every 90 seconds..the yards are going to add up. They had some break downs...but you just can't keep saying...stop 'em again. I mean, they actually did cause them to punt 7 times and caused 2 turnovers.

No, I don't think they played a great game...but damn...that offense is really putting a lot on them.

You're right! Offense is a much bigger problem. Just pissed at some scrub putting 150 on them. That shouldn't happen

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

You're right! Offense is a much bigger problem. Just pissed at some scrub putting 150 on them. That shouldn't happen
                    the problem I had with the defense was Rogers..but he was overmatched, and I think even he knew it. I think that's the one thing I blame Pettine for, not giving him more help.

You have to know the limitations of your personnel.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Absolutely! He never should of been out there alone on the winning TD. That's on Pettine.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Fool's Gold had a good series or two them mailed it in.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                          the problem I had with the defense was Rogers..but he was overmatched, and I think even he knew it. I think that's the one thing I blame Pettine for, not giving him more help.

You have to know the limitations of your personnel.
                          Sometimes a graybeard rushes in and and gets properly flagged for a clean yet substantial late hit when a cub gets repeatedly outfoxed. Over time, it pays to encourage the young den mates, let 'em know you got their back. 15 yards well spent.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                            With next to no secondary after McKelvin went down, the D couldn't afford to stack the box to stop the run. We were getting gashed badly enough in the passing game as it was. They needed as much help back there as they could get.
                            TOP again showed a big differential. The Jest had the football for 9 minutes more than the Bills did.
                            The secondary and the offense were our biggest problems in this game. We converted only 22% of our 3rd downs, which is miserable. Way too many 3 and outs today.
                            We lost the game in the air, and by our own inability to run the football.

You lost the game because of the Jets defense, the only reason the Bills were even in this game was because of penalties.

Comment

Working...
                            X