PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's front office lost this game...

X-Era
09-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Any time you decide to go with camp fodder or young guys that have proven nothing you take a risk of losing games when injuries happen... it's a "when" not an "if"

We knew Gilmore was out for a good part of the year. McKelvin goes out and we have nothing...

I like our youth as much as the next guy but if you want to win games you don't expect Rogers to be your top CB when McKelivin goes out to injury... Gilmore was already gone.

Good teams sign solid vets. I clamor for it every year.

kingJofNYC
09-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Our front office is garbage, news to no one, but the coaches botched this up pretty good.

Gailey with the same players + Levitre created a fantastic rushing attack, these fools run the same east west run play out of shotgun all game long for no yards. Gailey had a great screen game as well and got the running backs in space. This coaching staff is balls on O.

EJ was awful too, guess that's on the FO too.

cookie G
Yeah..in a way.

You can get OL anywhere...

justasportsfan
Where were they going to get starting Cbs? You'll only find them on either teams' line up.

gr8slayer
09-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Could have grabbed someone like Winfield.

Edit: Assuming he'd come here.
Where were they going to get starting Cbs? You'll only find them on either teams' line up.

streetkings01
09-22-2013, 07:14 PM
We're down to our 4th and 5th DBs starting.........bring in Chris Gamble

Buddo
09-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Any time you decide to go with camp fodder or young guys that have proven nothing you take a risk of losing games when injuries happen... it's a "when" not an "if"

We knew Gilmore was out for a good part of the year. McKelvin goes out and we have nothing...

I like our youth as much as the next guy but if you want to win games you don't expect Rogers to be your top CB when McKelivin goes out to injury... Gilmore was already gone.

Good teams sign solid vets. I clamor for it every year.

I wouldn't be too quick to blame the FO here, on this one. Our new HC is very much philosophically in the vein of 'next man up'.
There is a genuine problem now, however, in that in our secondary, we might not have a 'next man up'.

At this point in time, Whaley needs to step in, and get us a vet CB at the least, irrespective of what Marrone wants. Rogers was simply victimised today, as soon as McKelvin went out of the game. You can scheme somewhat to protect one weak CB, but you are seriously stuffed when you have two.

O-Line depth needs to be addressed also. Brown is still struggling, and did I miss Urbik getting injured? Even if Legursky can come back next week, we still look thin for cover.

On a side note, it looks to me to be about time Easley was given an opportunity over Graham. Graham does get us the odd penalty given for PI, but he hardly ever seems to get open.

RedEyE
09-22-2013, 07:22 PM
I think everyone residing at One Bills drive **** the bed today. Every coach, administrator and player. I'm not usually this negative this early to in th season, but the whole lot of them took took turns humping the air..

kingJofNYC
09-22-2013, 07:26 PM
We're one blown coverage from being 0-3....

team has a few shiny new toys, luster will begin to fade if they don't play better. Same problems plague this team. Poor OL, can't stop run, secondary is ****, undisciplened/lots of penalties, and we may be adding poor run game to that list.

cookie G
09-22-2013, 07:29 PM

I would have loved him..but I thought he retired.

The King
09-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Drayton Florence was out there.

gr8slayer
09-22-2013, 07:38 PM
He did, but everyone has a price. Hell, Brian Waters came out of retirement to play with Dallas.
I would have loved him..but I thought he retired.

- - - Updated - - -

Drayton Florence was out there.

I'd rather put pads on Lecter and let him give it a go.

justasportsfan
09-22-2013, 09:41 PM

he chose to retire

Mr. Pink
09-22-2013, 09:52 PM
We're down to our 4th and 5th DBs starting.........bring in Chris Gamble

Didn't he retire?

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2013, 10:34 PM
I am confused...the secondary that was getting torched were guys this team drafted. I thought the drafts weren't as bad as we thought, and were basically our only reason for living. I mean running game tape on guys and what have you...Searcy, Rogers, Williams were all guys we drafted...Robey was UDFA, and Leohnard well...he was a FA, but he is from here originally. The guys you draft have to be able to hold their own.

People want a young, veteran team that drafts well, as well as signs free agent talent. You have to make choices. Do you give up on the guys that you drafted for an aging vet that makes a lot more money, and will be gone by the time the magical developments gets to the young guys that you have drafted?

It doesn't matter what they do...people second guess it all when they lose, and praise what they think happened if they win.

We are without the 3 best players in our secondary. Yeah, it sucks, but that is a hit that a lot of teams wouldn't be able to overcome.

I am not sticking up for anything on the OL...that is a ****show, and for the supposed "easily replaceable" Levitre....we seemed to be a little stronger when he was here...and well as his depth...both of which were FAs that we let walk. One a high draft pick, and the other a good find...you've got youth.

This team has a lot of issues, and I know that we are supposed to be patient because it is a rebuild, but it is always a rebuild. If this type of **** keeps up...guess what we'll be doing in three years? Talking about potential and rebuilds, if you didn't know.

This is cyclical and frustrating, and if you think that you "just have to wait," which I have heard a ton of times, you are ****ing delusional. Teams win with young players all of the time. Every year. Just not the Bills. Teams win by signing solid vets to play depth...it just isn't cheap. You are talking millions of dollars in difference.

I know that people say Nix sucked, but Whaley is awesome, but how the hell do you know that? You fantasize that to be the case because he is young, and he worked in Pittsburgh...this ain't Pittsburgh, and Whaley wasn't a GM.

The games that we played could have all gone the other way with a more solid team...some coaching decisions maybe could have done it as well...or maybe the players didn't step up...there are lots of opinions, but between the three, I don't feel any of them get a pass.

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Joke FO. Pay Levitre and Byrd and we win this game.

We win the Pats game too I bet.

X-Era
09-23-2013, 06:16 AM
I am confused...the secondary that was getting torched were guys this team drafted. I thought the drafts weren't as bad as we thought, and were basically our only reason for living. I mean running game tape on guys and what have you...Searcy, Rogers, Williams were all guys we drafted...Robey was UDFA, and Leohnard well...he was a FA, but he is from here originally. The guys you draft have to be able to hold their own.

People want a young, veteran team that drafts well, as well as signs free agent talent. You have to make choices. Do you give up on the guys that you drafted for an aging vet that makes a lot more money, and will be gone by the time the magical developments gets to the young guys that you have drafted?

It doesn't matter what they do...people second guess it all when they lose, and praise what they think happened if they win.

We are without the 3 best players in our secondary. Yeah, it sucks, but that is a hit that a lot of teams wouldn't be able to overcome.

I am not sticking up for anything on the OL...that is a ****show, and for the supposed "easily replaceable" Levitre....we seemed to be a little stronger when he was here...and well as his depth...both of which were FAs that we let walk. One a high draft pick, and the other a good find...you've got youth.

This team has a lot of issues, and I know that we are supposed to be patient because it is a rebuild, but it is always a rebuild. If this type of **** keeps up...guess what we'll be doing in three years? Talking about potential and rebuilds, if you didn't know.

This is cyclical and frustrating, and if you think that you "just have to wait," which I have heard a ton of times, you are ****ing delusional. Teams win with young players all of the time. Every year. Just not the Bills. Teams win by signing solid vets to play depth...it just isn't cheap. You are talking millions of dollars in difference.

I know that people say Nix sucked, but Whaley is awesome, but how the hell do you know that? You fantasize that to be the case because he is young, and he worked in Pittsburgh...this ain't Pittsburgh, and Whaley wasn't a GM.

The games that we played could have all gone the other way with a more solid team...some coaching decisions maybe could have done it as well...or maybe the players didn't step up...there are lots of opinions, but between the three, I don't feel any of them get a pass.The draft is how you get players to push the guys already in spots. Instead we decided to use mid to late round or undrafted guys all across our secondary as our primary backups. Resigning McKelvin was wise. Not signing an additional vet CB was not. Rogers? Brooks? Robey? These guys are ready to start if we have an injury? Not even remotely.

Young developing CB's should be playing in the Nickel package not as our starters.

YardRat
09-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Joke FO. Pay Levitre and Byrd and we win this game.

We win the Pats game too I bet.

Ummm...no. Our offensive line and secondary sucked with them, and over the past few seasons we've witnessed much worse losses than yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they would've signed a vet CB and C/G for depth, but that's about it.

MikeInRoch
09-23-2013, 08:17 AM

That's a BIG assumption.

Uncle Jesse
09-23-2013, 08:30 AM
I can't believe letting Levitre walk, and replacing him with Colin Brown hasn't worked out....who would have thought??