• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

EJ Manuel may not suck...

...but he did today.

He's not particularly mobile, and today he was an abysmal pocket passer.

And Geno Smith was horrible.

I miss QBs who can throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis.

This whole "new breed of QBs" is turning the NFL into an unwatchable pile of sh - t.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: EJ Manuel may not suck...

If he had any chance of turning into anything, our ****ty OL will ruin him.

Nothing spells success quite like having a terrible line with a young QB.

Manuel has his own (huge) accuracy issues, but he had people in his face on three step drops all day. EJ looked like garbage but if we want him to succeed we need to put him in a position where he actually can. The playcalling and blocking aren't doing him any favors.
    Last edited by Crisis; 09-22-2013, 07:10 PM.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Geno was horrible?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

OL is atrocious, no question, but our run scheme is complete garbage.

how many screens did they call? I saw zero. All that pressure and not a single screen.

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
          Geno was horrible?
          i give Geno an incomplete...........one QB faced Cromartie, Wilson and Milliner............the other faced Rogers eek
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Geno was horrible?

He throws a nice long ball but he won't get to play Rogers every week. He threw 2 bad INT. I wouldn't want him.

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

I'd take Jamesis Winston over both of them.
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                If he had any chance of turning into anything, our ****ty OL will ruin him.

Nothing spells success quite like having a terrible line with a young QB.

Manuel has his own (huge) accuracy issues, but he had people in his face on three step drops all day. EJ looked like garbage but if we want him to succeed we need to put him in a position where he actually can. The playcalling and blocking aren't doing him any favors.
                The OL did suck, certainly. But I felt like I was Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange being forced to watch an endless loop of rainbow passes landing 10 yards out of bounds.

I'm beginning to think we have our second coming of the "poise" myth.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Geno was horrible?
                  Yes, he was. Had he been facing actual NFL Defensive Backs he'd have been even more awful.

Comment

• nyballa561
                    • Oct 2011

Geno's got an arm but has to clean up the mistakes.... EJ will be fine, disappointed but their D-line was ferocious.... O line's gotta step up

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

I expected EJ to have bad games but more along the lines of reading defenses and throwing rookie INT. I'm concerned about his terrible accuracy. Especially to the outside.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

I miss QBs who can throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis.

This whole "new breed of QBs" is turning the NFL into an unwatchable pile of sh - t.

Yep, just look at SB rings. Kaepernick and McNabb got to the SB, but that's about it. Give me Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Tannehill, Stafford, Luck. My opponents can have RG3, Vick, Geno. I won't say EJ, because he is a Bill :)

Plus the Mannings and Bradys have the longevity factor over the Culpeppers and McNabbs.
                        Last edited by The Natrix; 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM.

Byrd.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix View Post
                          Yep, just look at SB rings. Kaepernick and McNabb got to the SB, but that's about it. Give me Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Tannehill, Stafford, Luck. My opponents can have RG3, Vick, Geno. I won't say EJ, because he is a Bill :)

Plus the Mannings and Bradys have the longevity factor over the Culpeppers and McNabbs.
                          The reality is, pure athleticism will always be neutralized by pure athleticism. The obsession with the read option QB and/or the Michael Vick style of QB is going to be a shortlived fad.

Football-smart, accurate pocket passers win championships. RGIII may eventually become that. Kapernick may eventually become that. But so far those two look nothing like they did in their respective rookie seasons.

I think Russell Wilson, if he keeps running the way he does, will get killed. He's not big enough to withstand the type of punishment he will get.

Vick's stupidity will always trump his freakish athleticism.

There are geniuses in this league, and they are coaches and coordinators. And they are quickly adjusting to this latest fad.

Pocket passers control the game, and they stay healthier than runners.

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

The reality is, pure athleticism will always be neutralized by pure athleticism. The obsession with the read option QB and/or the Michael Vick style of QB is going to be a shortlived fad.

Football-smart, accurate pocket passers win championships. RGIII may eventually become that. Kapernick may eventually become that. But so far those two look nothing like they did in their respective rookie seasons.

I think Russell Wilson, if he keeps running the way he does, will get killed. He's not big enough to withstand the type of punishment he will get.

Vick's stupidity will always trump his freakish athleticism.

There are geniuses in this league, and they are coaches and coordinators. And they are quickly adjusting to this latest fad.

Pocket passers control the game, and they stay healthier than runners.

It makes you wonder how many "traditional style" QBs with some serious potential could be wasting away on the bench because of the craze to get the next Kaep.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Yes, he was. Had he been facing actual NFL Defensive Backs he'd have been even more awful.
                              He played better vs the Bills D than both Cam & Brady. He clearly outplayed EJ and if your downgrading him for doing what he was suppose to (ie beating inferior DBs) while giving EJ the benefit of the doubt is being ridiculous.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X