PDA

View Full Version : How to make a No Huddle Boring..

cookie G
09-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Calling plays like that.

That was brutal.

If the whole idea was to use it to keep defenses off balance, you might actually want to run some plays that do so.

I understand that Marrone and 'lil Hackett are rookies, just like Manuel and Woods...but damn...they have a long way to go.

Spiller might not want to re-sign, not if he's going to be used like that.

Maybe Payton ran inside more in NO, but they had Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans.

Hell, when Stevie caught a 1st down pass in the 3rd Q, it was because the DB was tweeting at the time. "Its 1st down, they'll just run up the middle again..Oh crap, they're throwing my way".

The little lateral handoff works from a spread when you actually have the defense spread out...and when they are expecting a pass. Not when they are stacked at the line and know what's coming.

Guys..you got some work to do. Understand that keeping D off balance takes more than snapping the ball within 15 seconds. You're little RB can fly...you might want to figure out some ways of getting him in space. You know...like a screen, or a swing pass, or even an off tackle play.

Believe it or not, you actually have a defense that can stop someone from time to time now.. (Thank you Mr. Pettine).

Let's not turn this into the Dick Jauron version fo the no huddle, if it isn't already there.

Novacane
09-22-2013, 07:38 PM
It's only been 3 games and I know what the play is when they lineup. Hackett is looking like a bad choice

sudzy
09-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Let's run the same three plays every 1st, 2nd and third down. You can't even win that way in pee wee. Worst play calling ever.

DBrown77
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I think we should be running the pistol to utilize CJ. This option garbage is painful to watch.

kingJofNYC
09-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Gaileys gun run game was light years ahead of this garbage run scheme, really is amazing.

RedEyE
09-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Gailey at least knew how to get Spiller the ball in the open as well as utilize the TE. Now granted, he called the screen 9-10 plays because Fitz's noodle arm left us one dimensional, and he made some piss poor decisions in short yardage situations, but Hackett just sucks.

elltrain22
09-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Def agree!! The playcalling was terrible. No huddle is good in alot of areas, but not if your not taking the time to call good plays. Its like we're calling the first play that comes to our mind b/c we wanna go fast. I think going fast is nice, but can our offense at least take a few secs to call a legit play that isn't bs??

kingJofNYC
09-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure Hackett knows what a screen is.

We went from over-using it, even though we had success with it, to not using it at all.

coastal
09-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Gimmick offense.

when is a Buffalo coach and GM going to build this team to run the football and play solid defense?

cookie G
09-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Gimmick offense.

when is a Buffalo coach and GM going to build this team to run the football and play solid defense?

Gimmick..maybe.

Trying to run it without knowing why you're running it, definitely.

There's really nothing confusing or off balance about it, not the way they're running it.

Turf
09-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Where's the playbook? Honestly, are there more than 12 plays? No ones open. No adjustments. Run into the center of the line twice to please your analytics. Then pass out of bounds 10 ****ing times with fade patterns. Sounds like a plan made by a tool.
Oh and one more thing, when its third down, you NEVER PASS BEFORE THE YARD MARKER EVER AGAIN.

psubills62
09-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Pretty much, cookie.

Very frustrating.