• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Post Game Comments: tell me what's different/better

So, here we go again:

-Poor QB play
    -Inability to make halftime adjustments by the coaching staff, specifically still running the ball up the middle when there is clearly no room.
    -No killer instinct: the Jets tried to hand us this game with their 2 turnovers, team record amount of penalties, and Rex's stupid challenges, but we failed to capitalize
    -Too many injuries and no depth to cover for them, particularly on the OL and at CB
    -Too many big plays given up on D, too few made on O
    -Too many third down conversions given up on D, too few made on O
    -Still
    -Veterans and supposed "star" players not coming through (specifically Mario Williams and CJ Spiller- Chandler sucked aside from the one TD play as well)
    -After one game of being clutch, Stevie is right back to his antics with another dumb penalty (waiting for the homers to defend his stupidity because he got in Wilson's head in 3...2...1... this is football, not hockey)
    -Horrendous run D- we got shredded by a no-name yet again
    -The QB we passed on in the draft completely embarrassed the one we took
    -0-2 in the division, 2 games and a tiebreaker behind the Fish and Pats, one game and a tiebreaker behind the jets- AFTER JUST 3 GAMES
    -Too many penalties- which is embarrassing because this game was actually an improvement over the previous 2.
    -Still getting crushed in TOP.

So, what exactly is different about this team? What exactly is better about this team as compared to previous teams? I had a suspicion this game would be a reality check- I wasn't completely convinced because the Jets are terrible, but my gut feeling turned out to be correct. This was a wake-up call. We continue to struggle in the division, we continue to have a LOT of the same problems that have plagued us for as long as anyone can remember. And we can't finish- when we kicked the ball away with about 4:00 left to play, I said to my dad "This is a rerun- we've seen this episode before." I'm so tired of that feeling.

The Ravens are going to embarrass us next week (and I know people are going to give me **** for saying that if we keep it close- but regardless of what I say, the goal is to win and we won't do that).
    Last edited by OpIv37; 09-22-2013, 08:14 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Post Game Comments: tell me what's different/better

Not defending them at all this week. The Jets commit 150 yds in penalties and +2 in TO and still lose. **** them. Rip away OP.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Our running game is much much worse than it has been in a long long time. So I guess that's something different...

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

The only saving grace at this point is the youth of the entire team to include coaching staff. You have to hope it gets better. But we've been hoping for so damn long that patience has run out. If improvements aren't made by week 12, I will probably be calling for heads to roll.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Not defending them at all this week. The Jets commit 150 yds in penalties and +2 in TO and still lose. **** them. Rip away OP.
          I still can't understand how they gift wrapped us a field length and a half in penalties and we still only managed one TD. And that's not even accounting for the turnovers.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
            Our running game is much much worse than it has been in a long long time. So I guess that's something different...
            Losing Levitre hurt a LOT more than people thought, especially if Urbik can't come back.

The lack of depth on this team is appalling. And what really frustrates me is that I've been saying that for at least 10 years. Even the best teams have flaws, but it's nauseating to have the same flaws for such an absurd period of time.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MTBillsFan
              • May 2003

All this while Andy Levitre counts his millions in Tennessee...how much cap room do we have? I'm sick of the cash to cap bs. If they had given the money to Levitre and Byrd, I'm confident that the Bills are 3-0. The Byrd "injury" is a product not being paid.
              Send me some wings!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MTBillsFan View Post
                All this while Andy Levitre counts his millions in Tennessee...how much cap room do we have? I'm sick of the cash to cap bs. If they had given the money to Levitre and Byrd, I'm confident that the Bills are 3-0. The Byrd "injury" is a product not being paid.
                Quite possibly- I'll definitely give you 2-1. Better blocking means better running and less pressure on Manuel- we still only lost by one score. Levitre alone could have been the difference in this game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Cause we run the same ****ing play time after time.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MTBillsFan View Post

If that's the case I'm glad they didn't pay him. Any jerk that would fake an injury cause he didn't get a big contract I don't want. That's the kind of guy whose play slacks off after he gets his big payday. I agree they should of payed Levitre. I think he got to much money for a guard but if they weren't going to spend the money elsewhere who cares how much he cost.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                      • Sep 2010

I think you've hit the nail on this Op, our lack of depth is scary.
                      Originally posted by OpIv37
                      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        Cause we run the same ****ing play time after time.
                        I know, it's pretty ****ing terrible.

Losing Levitre hurt, but I don't think it would matter much in the run game with the ****ty plays they're calling. Definitely would help having Levitre in pass pro though.

Comment

• Thundering Buffalo
                          • Jan 2010

As usual when it was time to steps up we **** the bed!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo View Post
                            As usual when it was time to steps up we **** the bed!
                            One game. We had one game where we came through- against a mediocre out of conference opponent. Then we're back to division games, and our true colors show.

You know, Jim Kelly hung on a little too long, and when he finally retired I was glad he stepped aside. And in hindsight I feel stupid for thinking like that. The Kelly days may be as good as it ever gets for us.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Hackett is our biggest problem. They need to rethink this entire approach.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X