PDA

View Full Version : Levitre and Bird

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Good thing we didn't overpay them. This would actually be a pretty decent team if we had them. But that's not what matters, what matters is that we can say we don't overpay for talent. That is the most important metric for success in this league.

Oh wait, Mario Williams, complete nonfactor today. Ten billion dollars to be a factor every other game when he is playing subpar lineman.

(Yes I am assuming that Byrd is being a ***** on purpose. Which he is.)

**** I'm pissed.

lightningbolt444
09-22-2013, 10:35 PM
BYRD*

We did technically sign him to a franchise tag. He is choosing not to play with the injury he played ALL of last year with and apparently mario is playing with this year as well.

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes I know it's Byrd. Jesus Christ I hope this doesn't become a thread with 10 billion people correcting that.

Mods?

- - - Updated - - -

BYRD*

We did technically sign him to a franchise tag. He is choosing not to play with the injury he played ALL of last year with and apparently mario is playing with this year as well.

Exactly. He's a joke. Absolutely embarrassing pathetic. I hope he never plays another snap the rest of his career.

lightningbolt444
09-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Normally I wouldn't correct it but have seen you do it a few times tonight ;) I am sure it is just emotions. Hell he deserves to be called some names. I personally hope we franchise him again next year and let him rot. Sure he then gets two big contract years but unless he plays a team will not give him huge money.

cookie G
09-22-2013, 10:42 PM
We are paying Byrd...around $7 million this year.

And he's pouting about it.

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I wonder if you would feel the same about Byrd if it were you...you are mad enough to say that you would play, I am sure, but would you? Give his situation some hard thought, and then put yourself in a position where Parker is in your ear giving you advice.

The Bills didn't pay the money, and now there are consequences. I don't think calling him a ***** is appropriate. He probably would be a little more willing to take a risk if he had gotten a contract, but that makes him more smart that a *****.

Levitre was a mistake. The guy was our best lineman, there were people coming into their own around him, and he never missed a game. The Bills ****ed up. It isn't his fault for taking what was offered. The Bills should have extended him last year. It wasn't a secret that he was the best we had, and the discount doesn't come when the phone is ringing and other teams are on the line. It comes when you have a tough year before the money, and the hometown team gives you an extension. Some people think that good players tank when they get the money...well, that is a cute theory, but good players really do walk when they don't. That isn't speculation. That really happens.

Now, a team that has spent...and actually hit, on two high picks, will need to spend, and hope to hit again, on the same positions. That is while those picks are making money elsewhere. It isn't always about sentimental value and keeping the ones that you like...the ones that are good enough to keep get mislabeled as greedy and *****es, etc, but there is a reason, and that reason is they won't play for a 6-8 win team for peanuts.

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2013, 10:48 PM
I wonder if you would feel the same about Byrd if it were you...you are mad enough to say that you would play, I am sure, but would you? Give his situation some hard thought, and then put yourself in a position where Parker is in your ear giving you advice.

The Bills didn't pay the money, and now there are consequences. I don't think calling him a ***** is appropriate. He probably would be a little more willing to take a risk if he had gotten a contract, but that makes him more smart that a *****.

Levitre was a mistake. The guy was our best lineman, there were people coming into their own around him, and he never missed a game. The Bills ****ed up. It isn't his fault for taking what was offered. The Bills should have extended him last year. It wasn't a secret that he was the best we had, and the discount doesn't come when the phone is ringing and other teams are on the line. It comes when you have a tough year before the money, and the hometown team gives you an extension. Some people think that good players tank when they get the money...well, that is a cute theory, but good players really do walk when they don't. That isn't speculation. That really happens.

Now, a team that has spent...and actually hit, on two high picks, will need to spend, and hope to hit again, on the same positions. That is while those picks are making money elsewhere. It isn't always about sentimental value and keeping the ones that you like...the ones that are good enough to keep get mislabeled as greedy and *****es, etc, but there is a reason, and that reason is they won't play for a 6-8 win team for peanuts.

Okay I'm blaming the Bills as much as him clearly from the post.

This whole ****ing world that we live in is based on contracts and honoring contracts. That is one of the single things that holds this whole thing we call Western civilization together.

He is deliberately breaching his contract through a loophole. I'm sorry but he's a ***** and the Bills are *****es for not paying him.

God I'm so sick of this wagon wheel of crap and then we rationalize the crap all over our faces.

I would absolutely not feel the same as Byrd. I would honor the contract. Because I'm a grown man who makes grown decisions that I'm proud of.

lightningbolt444
09-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Byrd was franchised something the players association agreed on so yes I would play. I would play as hard as I could so I could hopefully cash in next season and if not and I get franchise again I still made about 15 million in two seasons.

The PA agreed to the franchise tag rules . He should be playing period unless he truly can't. However the fact he played all last season with the injury is what fires me up about it. If it had happened when he came back I would be singing a different tune.

BuffaloRedleg
09-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Byrd was franchised something the players association agreed on so yes I would play. I would play as hard as I could so I could hopefully cash in next season and if not and I get franchise again I still made about 15 million in two seasons.

The PA agreed to the franchise tag rules . He should be playing period unless he truly can't. However the fact he played all last season with the injury is what fires me up about it. If it had happened when he came back I would be singing a different tune.

Well you are being a reasonable adult who cares about principles and any concept of honor.

Byrd is not one of those people.

Bills still should have payed him anyways, and then we could have avoided this and we'd be 2/1 and maybe 3/0.

Turf
09-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Seems keeping Levitre would have made better sense at this point. Of course, do they believe in signing anyone to replace people?

lightningbolt444
09-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Now the 9 million dollar a season question. Had we payed Byrd would he still be doing this?

He would have no reason to go out a play after the big contract then. We would all be saying get well instead of swearing at him because we just payed him huge money.

To me he showed his true colors through this whole thing . Franchise him again and trade him or let him rot for another season

lightningbolt444
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Levitre got payed a ton of money. I was ok with the bills not signing him but how do you let him and rinehart go in the same offseason?

Levitre is not playing the greatest in tn either but still he would be helping this team a ton right now had we resigned him. Long term I still thing it was a good thing to let him walk for that money short term it was awful

BuffRanger
09-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Seems like it was one or the other, and they definitely picked the wrong one. Especially considering their depth. Levitre's replacement is statistically the worst guard in the league. Why did they think this guy had it covered?

feldspar
09-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Having Colin Brown, who got beat immediately and badly, in there instead of Levitre was crucial on the last drive where we had any real chance to win the game...it was 2nd and 7, and Brown allowed a sack in terrible fashion. That's the way I remember it. That put us in third and long, and that's not good. All of a sudden we are in big trouble. Manuel had zero chance on that play.

..and that's just one play, albeit a big, crucial one.

YardRat
09-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Anybody that thinks Levitre and Byrd would have made any kind of difference yesterday just hasn't been paying attention the last few years.

coastal
09-23-2013, 07:09 AM
I would tag Byrd again next year and then sue him for breach of contract.

alohabillsfan
09-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Screw Byrd , I hope his leg falls off!

Thief
09-23-2013, 08:22 AM
I think the Media needs to Blow up on his fake foot problem and get his ass exposed as the fraud he is right now. Lets see hom many teams come calling after he rots for two years w a fully exposed fake foot problem.