PDA

View Full Version : Bad game move on people

DesertFox24
09-23-2013, 12:43 AM
I think everyone has been spoiled by the past few rookie sensations none of whom are doing well by the way.

Brady was not Brady Peyton was not Peyton farve not farve their rookie years. Bottom line is this season was not playoff if you think that shame on you. Ej is no luck so stop ej ceiling is top 15 not top 5.

The goal of this season is growth and showing progress and let's all cross our fingers that he does not lose confidence and learns and gets better and better. By week 17 hopefully we see signs like the phins are hoping they saw. Also Russell Wilson was not great early last year he had great d and running game and then e got better.

Bottom line our off is so young and WR so young that they are not on same page like Brady. Jets are not good but when you are playing safeties at corner you should he able to do some things.

This game does not mean anything except we have depth issues on both lines and corner. As well as our rookie qb is probably not going to be a rookie phenom.

Peace

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 01:25 AM
So I guess we should shut down bills forums. We shouldn't be able to discuss the disaster that was what we just watched and forget it.

We should absolutely expect our QB to outplay the QB WE PASSED OVER.

This wasn't just another game. This was a benchmark game if there ever was one, and we absolutely were disgusting.

We were out-everythinged. Fricken Geno outplayed Manuel. Now, I think that was partly a product of our coaching staff and the lack of preparation for a plan that stretched the field, but who cares at this point?

Next week better be something special. I'm not going to **** around with a QB that can't make normal mid/deep throws, while Geno absolutely can.

better days
09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, the Giants were shut out by the Panthers

The Redskins are 0-3 & Suck

The Eagles SUCK

And so do the Cowboys.

Like I said before, the NFC East is even worse than the AFC East.

justasportsfan
09-23-2013, 09:35 AM
I think everyone has been spoiled by the past few rookie sensations none of whom are doing well by the way.

I was actually spoiled not because of Luck and RGIII but because I was used to having 2 qb's who were acurate at dinking the ball. Now we have a qb that can't dink accurately.

I will move on once Ej shows he can hit 5-10 yards accurately on a conistent basis. Then we'll have a deep ball to worry about next.

DesertFox24
09-23-2013, 12:49 PM
So I guess we should shut down bills forums. We shouldn't be able to discuss the disaster that was what we just watched and forget it.

This wasn't just another game. This was a benchmark game if there ever was one, and we absolutely were disgusting.

We were out-everythinged. Fricken Geno outplayed Manuel. Now, I think that was partly a product of our coaching staff and the lack of preparation for a plan that stretched the field, but who cares at this point?

Next week better be something special. I'm not going to **** around with a QB that can't make normal mid/deep throws, while Geno absolutely can.

Geno is not a good QB he tourched our 5th corner and a safety playing corner and safety that is only playing because Bryd got hurt.

It is what is a bad game by a rookie QB and a young off, and we are a team that does not have adequate depth on both lines and the secondary.

Bench mark games, please.

I hate the jets more than any team in the league, I have always hated them even before brady. I root for the pats against the jets that is how much I hate the jets, so this loss is really bitter for me because I cant stand them.

I want to see how this team plays in December and next September.

The phins and Seahawks were bad teams the first season under their new coaches but got better as the season went on, now look at them. The seahawks are best team in the league in Pete's 4th year and the phins are argueably the best team in the east in Joe's second year.

Wow Geno won a game against big deal. I did not want any part of Geno and his turnover machine ways, because if we had any off yesterday we would have won the game.

We have first and second year players all over the field on off and it will take time to adjust and figure things out, and we have a rookie QB who is going to struggle like 99% of other rookie QBs and future HOF QBs.

TacklingDummy
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Like I said before, the NFC East is even worse than the AFC East.

Way to out on a limb there. Considering the AFC East has 2 teams 3-0 and the NFC East teams combined only have 3 wins.

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Next week better be something special. I'm not going to **** around with a QB that can't make normal mid/deep throws, while Geno absolutely can.We lost by 7 and mostly on big plays where the reserve corner got smoked. Geno must have thought he was playing at West Virginia still. Some people here act like we got our asses totally kicked. We had a few good drives where we stalled in the redzone and had to settle for field goals, that was the difference IMO. We didn't turn the ball over, although we got lucky not losing both fumbles. A young QB is going to make mistakes and be ineffective against a good defense running different blitz packages. Their corners covered extremely well and it looks like the Jets made a smart move by letting Revis go.

All in all, we tied the game up in the fourth quarter and had a good chance to win if we don't give up the big play. Rogers needs to really work hard to improve. I call this game a learning experience for the coaching staff and the QB. If Manuel completes some of those passes early, the Jets have to loosen and respect the passing game. That didn't happen and their defense could concentrate on the run. Freddie still had a good game averaging 10 yards a carry. I also think the refs got tired of flagging NY as Woods was grabbed, held and interfered with late in the game on a long sideline pattern. Not that that is the reason we lost. Rex Ryan showed his colors with all those penalties. Dirty coach, teaching his players to try to walk the tightrope between fair and foul.

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Geno is not a good QB he tourched our 5th corner and a safety playing corner and safety that is only playing because Bryd got hurt.

It is what is a bad game by a rookie QB and a young off, and we are a team that does not have adequate depth on both lines and the secondary.

I hate the jets more than any team in the league, I have always hated them even before brady. I root for the pats against the jets that is how much I hate the jets, so this loss is really bitter for me because I cant stand them.

The phins and Seahawks were bad teams the first season under their new coaches but got better as the season went on, now look at them. The seahawks are best team in the league in Pete's 4th year and the phins are argueably the best team in the east in Joe's second year.

Wow Geno won a game against big deal. I did not want any part of Geno and his turnover machine ways, because if we had any off yesterday we would have won the game.

We have first and second year players all over the field on off and it will take time to adjust and figure things out, and we have a rookie QB who is going to struggle like 99% of other rookie QBs and future HOF QBs.

If a divisional game against a team relatively speaking your equal against the QB you passed over isn't a benchmark game, then I don't know what is.

The whole "he's a rookie he's going to struggle" argument doesn't work here, we were playing against the rookie we passed over! And his coaches unleashed him! And he outplayed our QB!

jdaltroy5
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
So I guess we should shut down bills forums. We shouldn't be able to discuss the disaster that was what we just watched and forget it.No, discussion would be great. So far, most of what I've seen today is whiny *****ing.

We should absolutely expect our QB to outplay the QB WE PASSED OVER. And so far this season, he HAS outplayed Geno.

This wasn't just another game. This was a benchmark game if there ever was one, and we absolutely were disgusting.How is it a benchmark game? It's the third game of the season.

We were out-everythinged. Fricken Geno outplayed Manuel. Now, I think that was partly a product of our coaching staff and the lack of preparation for a plan that stretched the field, but who cares at this point? Yeah, we were out everythinged. That's why we lost. When the Pats put a ton of pressure on Smith, he looked a lot worse than Manuel.

Next week better be something special. I'm not going to **** around with a QB that can't make normal mid/deep throws, while Geno absolutely can.Jesus Christ, some of you guys are ridiculous.

If he doesn't play amazingly in his 4th game, then cut his ass!

The only QB that has consistently played well since his first game recently is Luck. The other guys (Dalton, Kap, Wilson, RGIII, Newton, etc...) have looked like hot garbage at times.

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
We lost by 7 and mostly on big plays where the reserve corner got smoked. Geno must have thought he was playing at West Virginia still. Some people here act like we got our asses totally kicked. We had a few good drives where we stalled in the redzone and had to settle for field goals, that was the difference IMO. We didn't turn the ball over, although we got lucky not losing both fumbles. A young QB is going to make mistakes and be ineffective against a good defense running different blitz packages. Their corners covered extremely well and it looks like the Jets made a smart move by letting Revis go.

All in all, we tied the game up in the fourth quarter and had a good chance to win if we don't give up the big play. Rogers needs to really work hard to improve. I call this game a learning experience for the coaching staff and the QB. If Manuel completes some of those passes early, the Jets have to lossen and respect the passing game. That didn't happen and their defense could concentrate on the run. Freddie still had a good game averaging 10 yards a carry. I also think the refs got tired of flagging NY as Woods was grabbed, held and interfered with late in the game on a long sideline pattern. Not that that is the reason we lost. Rex Ryan showed his colors with all those penalties. Dirty coach, teaching his players to try to walk the tightrope between fair and foul.

I hope you are right. This better be a hell of a humbling experience for them. How we managed to lose to a team that had 19 penalties for something like 160 yards is just baffling and embarassing.

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
If a divisional game against a team relatively speaking your equal against the QB you passed over isn't a benchmark game, then I don't know what is.

The whole "he's a rookie he's going to struggle" argument doesn't work here, we were playing against the rookie we passed over! And his coaches unleashed him! And he outplayed our QB!haHaHa. If you think Geno Smith overwhelmingly outplayed Manuel, you're the one that's delusional. The Jets won because of their defense. Ours was playing the back ups in the secondary with our two best corners out.

With the rebuild going on you can't expect us to have much depth at any position and we only lost by a touchdown on the road. If you want to dismiss the "Rookie" argument, then you really don't know anything about the game.

pmoon6
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
I hope you are right. This better be a hell of a humbling experience for them. How we managed to lose to a team that had 19 penalties for something like 160 yards is just baffling and embarassing.It should be humbling and hopefully will spur the young guys to work harder. I don't expect them to be over .500, but I like what I see. They are fighting and competitive. You can ask for nothing more.

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
No, discussion would be great. So far, most of what I've seen today is whiny *****ing.

Fair enough.

And so far this season, he HAS outplayed Geno.

Maybe, but not by enough to make anything conclusive. I think coaching has a lot to do with it, the Jets let Geno play while our staff sticks to the run run pass template too much. Bottom line is Geno is 2/1 and Manuel is 1/2, and our guy was outplayed in the head to head matchup. I'm not saying sell the farm but I feel like I have every reason to be concerned.

How is it a benchmark game? It's the third game of the season.

Similarly talented team, division rival against the QB we passed over to draft our QB. What more do you want?

Yeah, we were out everythinged. That's why we lost. When the Pats put a ton of pressure on Smith, he looked a lot worse than Manuel.

I guess we agree on this point?

Jesus Christ, some of you guys are ridiculous.

What? Who is saying cut his ass?

The only QB that has consistently played well since his first game recently is Luck. The other guys (Dalton, Kap, Wilson, RGIII, Newton, etc...) have looked like hot garbage at times.

Fair enough, but in a head to head matchup against the guy we passed over I'd like our QB to perform the better of the two. I feel like that is reasonable, and I feel like it is reasonable to be frustrated that he didn't. I guess I'm a big whiner.

- - - Updated - - -

No, discussion would be great. So far, most of what I've seen today is whiny *****ing.

Fair enough.

Maybe, but not by enough to make anything conclusive. I think coaching has a lot to do with it, the Jets let Geno play while our staff sticks to the run run pass template too much. Bottom line is Geno is 2/1 and Manuel is 1/2, and our guy was outplayed in the head to head matchup. I'm not saying sell the farm but I feel like I have every reason to be concerned.

Similarly talented team, division rival against the QB we passed over to draft our QB. What more do you want?

Yeah, we were out everythinged. That's why we lost. When the Pats put a ton of pressure on Smith, he looked a lot worse than Manuel.

I guess we agree on this point?

What? Who is saying cut his ass?

Fair enough, but in a head to head matchup against the guy we passed over I'd like our QB to perform the better of the two. I feel like that is reasonable, and I feel like it is reasonable to be frustrated that he didn't. I guess I'm a big whiner.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:24 PM

I will take Genos 2 INT's and the win, over EJ's 8 sacks and a loss any day.

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
haHaHa. If you think Geno Smith overwhelmingly outplayed Manuel, you're the one that's delusional. The Jets won because of their defense. Ours was playing the back ups in the secondary with our two best corners out.

With the rebuild going on you can't expect us to have much depth at any position and we only lost by a touchdown on the road. If you want to dismiss the "Rookie" argument, then you really don't know anything about the game.

Well I don't think he was overwhelmingly better or the reason they won, but I certainly think he was the better of the two in this game. I sound like I'm jumping to a lot of conclusions here, but I'm not trying to.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:26 PM

His stats are better because EJ doesnt take chances, hes trying to be too much of a game manager. That will ruin him.

lightningbolt444
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
His stats are better because EJ doesnt take chances, hes trying to be too much of a game manager. That will ruin him.

I 100% agree I am still pretty high on EJ I expected struggles but I think the way they are designing things/ telling EJ to do things will set him back in the long run. I have no problem with quick passes I think they work well but you need to mix in some intermediate passes as well. EJ looks somewhat comfortable throwing those. So far he cant throw the long bomb and he doesnt take anything off his short throws and makes it hard for the WR/RB to catch the ball short. Let him air it out a bit and attack.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I 100% agree I am still pretty high on EJ I expected struggles but I think the way they are designing things/ telling EJ to do things will set him back in the long run. I have no problem with quick passes I think they work well but you need to mix in some intermediate passes as well. EJ looks somewhat comfortable throwing those. So far he cant throw the long bomb and he doesnt take anything off his short throws and makes it hard for the WR/RB to catch the ball short. Let him air it out a bit and attack.

You make sense sir! Where do you watch the games at in Raleigh?

lightningbolt444
09-23-2013, 01:46 PM
You make sense sir! Where do you watch the games at in Raleigh?

Depends on the week. Sometimes I will head to Buffalo Brothers in Wake Forest for a bit of the game but most of the time I watch it at home on Sunday Ticket.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Depends on the week. Sometimes I will head to Buffalo Brothers in Wake Forest for a bit of the game but most of the time I watch it at home on Sunday Ticket.

Been there, nice place. When im not watching at home, i go to Oh'Mulligans in Morrisville.

jdaltroy5
09-23-2013, 01:58 PM
I agree that if he continues to just be a game manager, it will ruin him.

However, if a rookie can be a good game manager in his first 3 games, then I'm happy with that start. We've been in all three of our games, which is a far cry from last year.

If Geno continues to be careless with the ball, it will ruin him as well.

Novacane
09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I will take Genos 2 INT's and the win, over EJ's 8 sacks and a loss any day.

Enjoy it cause you won't play another secondary that bad. The look for 26 and go deep on him strategy isn't going to work again. Well, until the next Bills game anyway.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I agree that if he continues to just be a game manager, it will ruin him.

However, if a rookie can be a good game manager in his first 3 games, then I'm happy with that start. We've been in all three of our games, which is a far cry from last year.

If Geno continues to be careless with the ball, it will ruin him as well.

I agree, but i would rather Geno take chances, than dink and dunk every series.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy it cause you won't play another secondary that bad. The look for 26 and go deep on him strategy isn't going to work again. Well, until the next Bills game anyway.

You never know, i will take what i can get.

Historian
09-23-2013, 02:07 PM
They are fighting and competitive. You can ask for nothing more.

Reminds me of the 1986 Bills. (minus the boatload of injuries)

Kelly was God....but the team still only won 4 games.

The difference between 85 and 86 though, was that in 1986, they were in every single game, and certainly more fun to watch.

That was fueled by a feisty new QB, and a coach that was hungry.

jdaltroy5
09-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Maybe, but not by enough to make anything conclusive.You want something conclusive by week 3?

I think coaching has a lot to do with it, the Jets let Geno play while our staff sticks to the run run pass template too much. Bottom line is Geno is 2/1 and Manuel is 1/2, and our guy was outplayed in the head to head matchup. I'm not saying sell the farm but I feel like I have every reason to be concerned.And without a stupid penalty on TB, Geno is 1/2 as well. I don't like playing the hypothetical game, but he played REALLY poorly in 2 games. This was his best game so far and he still threw two picks.

Similarly talented team, division rival against the QB we passed over to draft our QB. What more do you want?I don't see how this game is anymore of a benchmark than any other week. Is this the game any more important than the Pats game?

What? Who is saying cut his ass?That was a bit of hyperbole obviously, but look around. People already want Tuel to play and other people are talking about which QB we can draft next year.

Fair enough, but in a head to head matchup against the guy we passed over I'd like our QB to perform the better of the two. I feel like that is reasonable, and I feel like it is reasonable to be frustrated that he didn't. I guess I'm a big whiner.I don't think the margin was that large. Those two turnovers closed the gap.

I also don't think you're a big whiner. I think you're generally a good poster who is just letting off some steam.

I know it's hard, but try to stay even tempered throughout the season. Don't get your expectations too high when he has a game like last week and don't get too low when has a game like yesterday.

Try to look at things from the big picture. This was a rookie QB, playing his first road game, against a ferocious DL.

We've seen what he can do, he just has to do them consistently.

Historian
09-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Well put,JD.

And as frustrating a loss as this was, we are approaching the quarter point and one thing is evident to me....and that's that this team was in every game, and refused to quit.

I see that as a good sign.

BuffaloRedleg
09-23-2013, 02:51 PM
You want something conclusive by week 3?

Absolutely not, nor would I ever suggest that is something reasonable. I'm not trying to make mountains out of mole hills here, but it was incredibly frustrating watching us get outcoached and outplayed like that. I know it was "close" but it never felt close.

And without a stupid penalty on TB, Geno is 1/2 as well. I don't like playing the hypothetical game, but he played REALLY poorly in 2 games. This was his best game so far and he still threw two picks.

I don't think Geno is going to be a long term starter in this league, so this is sort of a moot point. I think it is telling however that his coaches are willing to unleash him while we tend to be much more conservative. Way too early to tell who is "better" but that was a maddening performance by EJ no doubt about it.

I don't see how this game is anymore of a benchmark than any other week. Is this the game any more important than the Pats game?

Maybe it was all in my head since I've circled this game for months, but the whole EJ/Geno matchup plus the fact that it's the Jets and we are sort of in the same situation talent-wise. I saw it as a benchmark game, regardless of whether or not it was. The Pats are just flat-out always going to beat us so I can't use that as a benchmark.

That was a bit of hyperbole obviously, but look around. People already want Tuel to play and other people are talking about which QB we can draft next year.

Well that is insane and I do not agree with that type of mentality at all.

I don't think the margin was that large. Those two turnovers closed the gap.

Fair enough. I also think our WRs absolutely could not find a way to get separation for most of the game. The were running infuriatingly poor routes.

I also don't think you're a big whiner. I think you're generally a good poster who is just letting off some steam.

I know it's hard, but try to stay even tempered throughout the season. Don't get your expectations too high when he has a game like last week and don't get too low when has a game like yesterday.

Try to look at things from the big picture. This was a rookie QB, playing his first road game, against a ferocious DL.

We've seen what he can do, he just has to do them consistently.

I understand that and yes I am totally letting off some steam. Maybe I put a little too much weight into how important this game was, but I expected Buffalo to really win this one. Trust me, after this game my expectations are much more tempered. It wasn't just that we lost, it's that the Jets did everything they could to give it to us and played so poorly and we just squandered it. That is the most frustrating part. Oh well.

GvilleBills
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM

yesterday was for sure a huge game for this team and EJ. Historic fail.
"I've given a million women a million foot massages, and they all meant something."

DesertFox24
09-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Buffaloredleg,

I think we all unfairly raised our expectations after carolina, especially after carolina tourched the giants and should have beat the seahawks.

That being said even in the carolina game our off is just no where near consistent enough to keep moving the chains and have a solid time of possession, as a result our def is going to get tired and we will lose.

Until this offense shows the ability to pass and stretch the field (my lord we have been saying this same thing since bledsoe left), and move the chains we are going to be a doormat and our defense is going to look a lot worse than what it really is.