PDA

View Full Version : the jets 'nobody in the entire middle of the freakin field' defense question

Meathead
09-23-2013, 05:21 AM
when the jets ran that defense with eight guys at the line and literally nobody in the middle of the field, why doesnt the offense run three slants? i think they ran it three or four times and i think they were all in the fourth quarter

the jets were screaming at them to throw it over the middle but the bills kept trying those long sideline go routes. why not tell both wrs and the te to just run straight slants towards the goalposts?

YardRat
09-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Very disappointed in Hackett's performance yesterday...bad game-planning, and atrocious play-calling.

RedEyE
09-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Hackett sucked, sure, but the receivers need to adjust to the defense too and they weren't doing that. I saw both Wood and SJ climb the sideline deep. They need to pull back on those defensive plays or adjust their route inside.

Now its the coach and the QBs job to make the necessary adjustments, to push the receivers to make changes....this is where a huddle comes in handy.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2013, 07:09 AM
I swear to God, the Bills are allergic to slant routes.

Meathead
09-23-2013, 08:59 AM
but again, the whole freakin middle of the field is wide open. how come every time they just ran outside fly routes? whytf dont they just run to where there ARE NO JETS and see if they can complete a pass there?!?

im not being rhetorical, i really want to know why. there has to be a reason. for example, i can speculate:

- bc the jets had all the passing lanes clogged and would have a great chance to block the pass at the los
- the jets know the bills wont try the middle of the field bc with all the pressure manuel will be under the odds of an interception go way up

i mean im just making stuff up but theres got to be a logical explanation the coaches could give us why you dont try to use the ENTIRE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD when the jets gave it to them!?

im dying for a coach to answer that question so if anybody hears it make sure to report back here thks

mjt328
09-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Last year we had a defensive coach who had no idea what he was doing. This year we have an offensive coach that has no idea what he is doing.

Typ0
09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
I agree there must be a reason. However, it's unacceptable whatever it is. This play HAD to be ran if for nothing else but to make them defend against it. I expect you are correct about the pressure...and that was their game plan yesterday to just get at EJ and muddle him up which they were quite successful at. IMO you need to give him the chance to make this play and force them to adjust and get out of his face. If he throws a pic he does--that outcome is much better than just letting the do it the entire game. Even if he threw three pics still give him a chance to sort that mess out and attack their defense the way it's begging to be attacked. That is what I would consider playing to win and taking your necessary lumps.

justasportsfan
09-23-2013, 09:22 AM

there were slants. Qb was throwing the ball behind the recievers.

justasportsfan
09-23-2013, 09:24 AM
BTW, look at our wr on the field. It's very predictable. We need to run a spread no huddle.

Novacane
09-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Very disappointed in Hackett's performance yesterday...bad game-planning, and atrocious play-calling.

Not according to Jon Murphy on his show this morning. It was poor execution lol.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Slow down a sec. You're telling me the offensive concepts that took Syracuse to a 7-5 record and a 4th tier bowl win don't translate immediately to beating a Rex Ryan defense?

Mr. Pink
09-23-2013, 11:37 AM

And then when he was throwing sideline patterns he wasn't putting the ball in a position where the receiver could make a play on it while staying in bounds.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

I saw like 4 attempts at a slant. If that. They should've been running slant routes every ***** time the Jets lined up with everyone on the LOS.

MTBillsFan
09-23-2013, 12:39 PM

I've been thinking the same thing for years! Every other team in the league can run the stupid route, why can't the Bills?

Meathead
09-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I saw like 4 attempts at a slant. If that. They should've been running slant routes every ***** time the Jets lined up with everyone on the LOS.

right. gotta be a logical explanation

i say we storm the ralph and demand an answer. are there any good torch and pitchfork stores open late in orchard park

Thief
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I read in a book I wrote that we do not run slant routes because the stadium is on an old Indian burial ground.