PDA

View Full Version : While we are pointing fingers

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2013, 06:56 AM
How about the play calling? WTF was that? How many times did they call the same stupid run for a loss of yardage? Why is there no better hot routes for Manuel on a blitz pick up than just loft it 30 yards down field? Ever hear of a ***cing slant route? Jesus. Yesterday was terrible, in all phases of the game, but the play calling almost made me turn off the TV.

Yes, Manuel sucked. He looked awful. Took stupid sacks, had zero mobility, missed a ton of open WRs. The throw to Woods in the endzone was possibly the worst thing I've ever seen. (The one where Stevie was wide ***cing open over the middle).

Novacane
09-23-2013, 07:04 AM
One yard and a cloud of dust Hackett!

The King
09-23-2013, 07:09 AM
The intent has always been to run heavy and pass to keep them honest. Spiller was so bad that it exposed Manuel and receivers were having a hard time breaking man coverage. this game was a calamity of errors. To be honest way more of the blame falls on Spiller and Hackett than it does on Manuel. This game was placed solely on Ej and that should be happening at this phase.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Jackson was getting yardage. Get a big more creative than just handing it to the RB out of the shot gun formation. That read option is terrible, especially when everyone on the planet knows the QB ain't keeping it.

don137
09-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Yea, Hackett called a real bad game. I thought Manuel should of dropped back, been in shot gun and rolled out more to adjust for the constant blitzes. It seemed like Manuel was getting blitzed constantly yet would still take 3 or 5 step drops and the constant pressure rattled him.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Yea, Hackett called a real bad game. I thought Manuel should of dropped back, been in shot gun and rolled out more to adjust for the constant blitzes. It seemed like Manuel was getting blitzed constantly yet would still take 3 or 5 step drops and the constant pressure rattled him.

He did try to roll out, the problem is, many times he stepped right into pressure. I'm not blaming him completely, the O-line was atrocious as well.

Pinkerton Security
09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
The o-line was horrific, but what is up with these shotgun handoff runs every single series? Thats all we did, and it didnt work. I understand perhaps this was part of their gameplan, but it didnt work at all...so they ran it all game until we were down enough to need to throw every down. I didnt like the playcalling one bit either.