I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday...

First of all, this team has no quit in them.

Gailey or Jauron's teams would have quit at halftime. (Be honest)

Second, Manuel can take a hit.

Third, Carpenter isn't a bad "replacement" kicker. Several touchbacks too.

Also,I think Kiko could be the next Talley.

To play that poorly on both sides of the ball, and still be in it at the end is a testament to the coaching staff. I just wish they had mixed it up a bit more on offense.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday..

To play that poorly and still be in it is a testament to the Jets.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Re: I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday..

Are you on drugs?

One or two kernels of corn in a pile of crap... still taste like crap.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I agree, yesterday's game would've been a 40 point blow out last season. Wait, it was.

I don't think Buffalo could play much worse, in all phases of the game, than they did yesterday. They still had many chances to win. You can't settle for FGs when your Defense actually makes plays and gives you the ball deep in the opponent's territory.

Red Zone offense was an Achilles's heel yesterday, again.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

As I said in another post, the Jets were so dominant against the run it put everything on EJ, which he's not ready for. The Bills were playing for field position and EJ was super (too) cautious with his passes.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
            • Mar 2007

Why must we compare every player with someone from the 90's?

A qb could always be the next Kelly, RB the next thomas so on and so forth why cant kiko just be kiko?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

coming from you I cant give you hell about that. Your right IMO. And ubtil they take the reigns off of EJ this is what we have to expect from him

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                As I said in another post, the Jets were so dominant against the run it put everything on EJ, which he's not ready for. The Bills were playing for field position and EJ was super (too) cautious with his passes.
                And this is exactly what I feared would happen all off-season: teams stack the box against the run and dare EJ and the inexperienced WR's to beat them. You know every team is going to have 8 in the box and bring heat on passing downs until the Bills prove they can make them pay for doing it.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  And this is exactly what I feared would happen all off-season: teams stack the box against the run and dare EJ and the inexperienced WR's to beat them. You know every team is going to have 8 in the box and bring heat on passing downs until the Bills prove they can make them pay for doing it.
                  Yup, for certain Baltimore will, hopefully they can get some designed plays for this in EJ's head for Sunday. And Spiller needs to be better, he wants to be a star in this league he needs to be better than what we saw yesterday. Manuel was bad yesterday but no one was there to help him out either.
                  Last edited by The King; 09-23-2013, 07:53 AM.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Yup, for certain Baltimore will, hopefully they can get some designed plays for this in EJ's head for Sunday. And Spiller needs to be better, he wants to be a star in this league he needs to be better than what we saw yesterday. Manuel was bad yesterday but no one was there to help him out either.
                    I am betting we wont have Spiller for this game and that may actually work in our favor. He is playing awful and not helping this offense at all. Being used wrong is just an excuse GREAT backs like everyone seems to think he is can make something out of nothing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Spiller looks like a scared child that has a spotlight shone on him without permission.

Comment

• Thief
                        • Sep 2009

Seriously, this is Spiller's fault? Dude wasnt in space one yesterday and was met by 2 guys at or before the LOS on almost every handoff. The Bills need to A). Back the defense up some by hitting over the top, and B). Block SOMEONE.

We made their rookie DT and the LBs look like a damn super super super stars. I think I seen a cape sticking out the bottom of one's knickers.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                          Seriously, this is Spiller's fault? Dude wasnt in space one yesterday and was met by 2 guys at or before the LOS on almost every handoff. The Bills need to A). Back the defense up some by hitting over the top, and B). Block SOMEONE.

We made their rookie DT and the LBs look like a damn super super super stars. I think I seen a cape sticking out the bottom of one's knickers.
                          Not saying it is his fault but he should not be getting a pass. He has been playing awful. Against the panthers he was ok on a few runs where he got most of his yardage but he had some really awful plays that he lost a ton of yardage because he was trying to hit the home run.

If he is Elite as many here say he is he should be making somethings happen. He also has not been able to hold onto the ball. He has fumbled 3 times and Multiple other times he has almost lost it while running especially near the sidelines.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            One or two kernels of corn in a pile of crap... still taste like crap.
                            True...but if you take the approach that this is basically a 4-12 (crap) team, it shines a different light on the pile, right?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post

To play that poorly on both sides of the ball, and still be in it at the end is a testament to the coaching staff. I just wish they had mixed it up a bit more on offense.
                              are you talking about their coaching staff? From what I saw,only reason we were in it is because their staff tried to give the game to us on a silver plate and we didn't want it. Well at least our Qb "threw" away what they were giving us. They were feeding us penalties and our qb is bulimic.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X