This thing called a screen, is it that confusing ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

This thing called a screen, is it that confusing ??

Why didn't we run more screens on the pressure, draw the defenders close & show them the second level ? I am still perplexed on not doing something this basic, it's 101.
  • lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Re: This thing called a screen, is it that confusing ??

Screens will not stop a team from stacking the box. We need to take the top off the d and make them pay .

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
      Screens will not stop a team from stacking the box. We need to take the top off the d and make them pay .
      Clueless, I re-watched the game & that pressure would of been useless if we had a quick pass planned with blocking. We would of ripped of huge chunks of yardage, like TDs & not FGs.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        Clueless, I re-watched the game & that pressure would of been useless if we had a quick pass planned with blocking. We would of ripped of huge chunks of yardage, like TDs & not FGs.
        Agreed the quick pass is a way to combat pressure but a screen can take a good bit to setup. I would rather see them start using the slant more. Once you get them to back off the d you need to go deep and actually connect that will neutralize the d in terms of stacking the box.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Agreed the quick pass is a way to combat pressure but a screen can take a good bit to setup. I would rather see them start using the slant more. Once you get them to back off the d you need to go deep and actually connect that will neutralize the d in terms of stacking the box.
          Its not only about them "stacking the box"...there were obvious instances when EVERYONE knew the Jets were going to blitz, and that is a great time for a screen...if you can get off the screen in those cases, it is a very good opportunity for a big play. I was dying to see some screens to CJ until he went out, and Freddie is very good in those plays as well, PLUS our QB was obviously struggling throwing the ball down the field....how did they not attempt any?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the bills were the best at screens last year. While I'm not saying thats all we should do, we have players good at it. Our new coaching staff has been preaching running plays that best fits our players.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              the bills were the best at screens last year. While I'm not saying thats all we should do, we have players good at it. Our new coaching staff has been preaching running plays that best fits our players.
              In this instance, I'd be getting the ball to our RB's on the second level. It was a missed opportunity & we made no adjustments.

Comment

Working...
              X