X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thief
    • Sep 2009

Steroids.....

So, it might be my imagination, but to me it seems like every other team just has an... edge. Like maybe everyone is on steroids except the Bills. Like maybe the patriots and the Ravens have been paying the sample collectors to help them turn in clean urine. Well, reports are surfacing that urine collectors have been getting paid off to help. Heck, the Broncos have a LB that turned in non human piss, and it is supposed to be a "process" that is eye witnessed by the collector. Something is off here.

How many times have we said we wished we had this guy or that guy or a guy who plays with an "edge". A "mean-streak". Seriously, does it all boil down to us being the good kids? the ones that don't take steroids? I have seen our trash go to other teams and all of sudden get NFL worthy. Please tell me how you flunk out of this D line rotation (or other position) to go on and become a respectable NFL player? Dwan Edwards? Justin Bannon? Heck, Jim Leonard?

Just seems to me, and has for a while now, like other teams have something extra in their cool-aid. I dismissed the idea thinking about how they would fail more test. I never thought to question the collectors.

So, anyone think these perennial powers may just have the powers of... "persuasion"?
  • BleedinGreenNC
    • Sep 2004

Re: Steroids.....

Originally posted by Thief View Post
    So, it might be my imagination, but to me it seems like every other team just has an... edge. Like maybe everyone is on steroids except the Bills. Like maybe the patriots and the Ravens have been paying the sample collectors to help them turn in clean urine. Well, reports are surfacing that urine collectors have been getting paid off to help. Heck, the Broncos have a LB that turned in non human piss, and it is supposed to be a "process" that is eye witnessed by the collector. Something is off here.

How many times have we said we wished we had this guy or that guy or a guy who plays with an "edge". A "mean-streak". Seriously, does it all boil down to us being the good kids? the ones that don't take steroids? I have seen our trash go to other teams and all of sudden get NFL worthy. Please tell me how you flunk out of this D line rotation (or other position) to go on and become a respectable NFL player? Dwan Edwards? Justin Bannon? Heck, Jim Leonard?

Just seems to me, and has for a while now, like other teams have something extra in their cool-aid. I dismissed the idea thinking about how they would fail more test. I never thought to question the collectors.

So, anyone think these perennial powers may just have the powers of... "persuasion"?

You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

If you think none of the Bills' have used or are using performance enhancers, I don't know what to tell you. There are a hundred ways to beat the drug test. Designer drugs that can't be tested for and HgH that testing for isn't allowed yet. The only players that get caught are the dumb ones and the ones with bad doctors.

J.J Watt has a mean streak, but was virtually neutralized against the Ravens.

Maybe he was off his meds?
      Last edited by pmoon6; 09-23-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
        J.J Watt has a mean streak, but was virtually neutralized against the Ravens.

Everyone knows they have better drugs in Baltimore. Just watch The Wire.

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          Everyone knows they have better drugs in Baltimore. Just watch The Wire.
          Thanks for the laugh, big guy.

Comment

• Thief
            • Sep 2009

Exactly. But seriously it is way more likely to be randomly good every once in a while than to consistently suck this many years in a row. It is HARDER to be this bad for so long than it is to be accidentally good. It is like the deck is stacked somewhere.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Exactly. But seriously it is way more likely to be randomly good every once in a while than to consistently suck this many years in a row. It is HARDER to be this bad for so long than it is to be accidentally good. It is like the deck is stacked somewhere.
              I don't know how you can say we're "Bad" when we only lost by 7 on the road.

I can't believe the over reaction to this game or for the team in general. Did you think we were going to magically go to the playoffs considering we are in another rebuilding mode? One that is repeated every two or three years?

Just so you know, that comment was sarcastic given your extremely ill informed and ridiculous post.
              Last edited by pmoon6; 09-23-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

It's Ralph. He surrounds himself with yes men and won't pay for talent with the FO or coaching staff. He pulls the purse strings tight, then when he finally opens up, he makes a bad decision and uses it as an excuse to not spend for another 4-5 years. And yes, I know the old codger isn't involved in the day-to-day, but Brandon appears to be operating the exact same way- plus, a big part of this mess is Brandon's fault too.

It's not a steroid conspiracy- it's a method of running the team that values the bottom line over talent and all but guarantees that we will never succeed.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I can't believe the over reaction to this game or for the team in general. Did you think we were going to magically go to the playoffs considering we are in another rebuilding mode? One that is repeated every two or three years?

Just so you know, that comment was sarcastic given your extremely ill informed and ridiculous post.
                  I can't believe all the people saying crap like "we only lost by 7." What the hell kind of bull**** is that? We played a piss-poor Jets team that tried to hand us the game with penalties, turnovers and wasted challenges and we STILL couldn't win.

That's more than just the typical rebuilding woes. It's utter incompetence.
                  Last edited by OpIv37; 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    I can't believe all the people saying crap like "we only lost by 7." What the hell kind of bull**** is that? We played a piss-poor Jets team that tried to hand us the game with penalties, turnovers and wasted challenges and we STILL couldn't win.

That's more than just the typical rebuilding woes. It's utter incompetence.
                    Go watch Notre Dame. Your participation here makes real fans think they have come down with a case of the Shingles.

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

You think I didn't realize that was sarcasm? And you really think this boils down to one game? I even mentioned "years" of being bad. You really think the idea of one team having a culture that turns a blind eye to, or possibly secretly slightly encourages, steroid use more than another team is really that "ridiculous"?

I dare say your post sounds a bit... naive and arrogant. But, I've noticed those two things usually go hand in hand. It is usually the ignorant one who thinks they know everything.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                        • Mar 2007

This board is hilarious to watch the mood swings from week to week. Last week we were going to the playoffs this week we are awful because we dont do steroids like every other team in the league

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Go watch Notre Dame. Your participation here makes real fans think they have come down with a case of the Shingles.
                          Lmao. Real fans want the team to win and would never say **** like "well we only lost by 7" and follow it up with a list of bull**** excuses as to why the loss was acceptable.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

You think I didn't realize that was sarcasm? And you really think this boils down to one game? I even mentioned "years" of being bad. You really think the idea of one team having a culture that turns a blind eye to, or possibly secretly slightly encourages, steroid use more than another team is really that "ridiculous"?

I dare say your post sounds a bit... naive and arrogant. But, I've noticed those two things usually go hand in hand. It is usually the ignorant one who thinks they know everything.
                            "Facepalm". Yeah, I'm arrogant, but not naïve concerning the game. Maybe you can soothe you hurted feewings by becoming a thuper thpethial GM on Madden 25.

I've been watching the NFL and been a Bills' Fan for over 50 years. I also know a bit about real football players having played myself and knowing quite a few former NFL players and college guys, along with knowing about performance enhancing drugs.

The only person that is ignorant is you for posing such an inane question and premise.

Comment

• Thief
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              It's Ralph. He surrounds himself with yes men and won't pay for talent with the FO or coaching staff. He pulls the purse strings tight, then when he finally opens up, he makes a bad decision and uses it as an excuse to not spend for another 4-5 years. And yes, I know the old codger isn't involved in the day-to-day, but Brandon appears to be operating the exact same way- plus, a big part of this mess is Brandon's fault too.

It's not a steroid conspiracy- it's a method of running the team that values the bottom line over talent and all but guarantees that we will never succeed.
                              This is what I went with for quite some time, but there has been plenty of times I looked at the roster and flt like we looked good on paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X