X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Once again the Jets are laughed and at by Bills fans

And once again they knock the snot out of us. Some keep laughing at them and predicting wins and we keep getting blown out. They gave us about 160 yards in penalties, 8 first downs from penalties and wing the ball deep against and ran all over us. If it wasn't for all of their penalties to keep us in the game then we would've been blown out of the place.

How do you lose a game when you get 8 first given to you from penalties for 160+ yards, a couple poorly thrown INT's the leave in around the RZ and a gift from the refs from a fumble that couldn't be reviewed? Our pathetic play on offense and defense tells us all that we need to know. A complete pathetic display from both sides especially on the offensive side.

This offense has even been worse then the previous couple seasons. We run a high paced offense yet we dink and dunk all over the field. Manuel has had the worse deep ball accuracy I have seen in a while. I have hope for him but unless he can correct that then he is doomed.

This team still can't beat teams in their division and what a difference it makes when we finally play on the road. Last week we had the same people saying this was a team that turned the corner and can compete for the playoffs. This week we have them saying to forget about the game and that we're a young team. The next win we have will be back to being a playoff contender.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Once again the Jets are laughed and at by Bills fans

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
      And once again they knock the snot out of us. Some keep laughing at them and predicting wins and we keep getting blown out. They gave us about 160 yards in penalties, 8 first downs from penalties and wing the ball deep against and ran all over us. If it wasn't for all of their penalties to keep us in the game then we would've been blown out of the place.

How do you lose a game when you get 8 first given to you from penalties for 160+ yards, a couple poorly thrown INT's the leave in around the RZ and a gift from the refs from a fumble that couldn't be reviewed? Our pathetic play on offense and defense tells us all that we need to know. A complete pathetic display from both sides especially on the offensive side.

This offense has even been worse then the previous couple seasons. We run a high paced offense yet we dink and dunk all over the field. Manuel has had the worse deep ball accuracy I have seen in a while. I have hope for him but unless he can correct that then he is doomed.

This team still can't beat teams in their division and what a difference it makes when we finally play on the road. Last week we had the same people saying this was a team that turned the corner and can compete for the playoffs. This week we have them saying to forget about the game and that we're a young team. The next win we have will be back to being a playoff contender.
      Losses, suck and of course with a rookie QB and new coach and systems alot of us, myself included, expected the Bills to take their lumps this season.

That said, to lose to a team like the Jets in the way they did hurts. Bilal Powell having a career day hurts. Geno going for 300+ yards and outperforming EJ hurts. Jets physically beating the crap out of the Bills hurts. Jets looked laughingly bad as early ago as the preseason but now the Bills are in their familiar place at the bottom of the standing.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Yeah all off-season we were told on this board how the Patriots are on the decline and the Jets are even worse than we are.

Well, the Jets are 2-1 and the Pats are 3-0 with both teams beating us head to head, while we languish at 1-2 with both losses coming in the division.

And Miami is 3-0 as well. We may put up a goose egg in the div this year.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Yeah all off-season we were told on this board how the Patriots are on the decline and the Jets are even worse than we are.

Well, the Jets are 2-1 and the Pats are 3-0 with both teams beating us head to head, while we languish at 1-2 with both losses coming in the division.

And Miami is 3-0 as well. We may put up a goose egg in the div this year.
          Hell, if you're going to keep posting we may have to call the Whaaaabulance.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Hell, if you're going to keep posting we may have to call the Whaaaabulance.
            I didn't say anything that was untrue. Sometimes reality sucks. Deal with it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

I didn't say anything that was untrue. Sometimes reality sucks. Deal with it.
              Who's reality? Yours? I would rather stick sharp needles in my eyes.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                Who's reality? Yours? I would rather stick sharp needles in my eyes.
                Reality isn't subjective. It is what it is. All off-season, I read on this board that the Bills are improved and the Jets suck and the Pats are on the decline. The reality has been the exact opposite. So deal with it.
                Last edited by OpIv37; 09-23-2013, 07:18 PM.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Since when is 27-20 a blow out? Crying is for little girls.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                    Since when is 27-20 a blow out? Crying is for little girls.
                    With all the penalties they had we should've won by a couple scores. It took a bad team to even make it that close. They were on the verge of blowing us out until they decided to penalize us down the field for about 13 minutes worth of the game clock. You must have been one of the people predicting us to easily beat the Jets.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

This one hurt.

I was too depressed to comment yesterday.

A couple quick thoughts...

1) All the homers who said it was smart to let Andy Levitre walk don't deserve to be taken seriously anymore. Colin Brown has surpassed the point of being a Mike Pucillo-level liability. He's even worse. Something I never thought I'd live to see.

2) Our pathetic showing against division rivals continues unabated. Apparently it doesn't matter who our coach is, who our QB is, who our GM is, who our waterboy is. We're psychologically damaged vs the AFC East.

3) This one hurt extra bad because the Jets almost set an NFL record in penalties. They were practically begging us to win and we were like, "No thanks, bro! We're good. At losing!" Like watching two idiots argue over who should hold the door and who should walk in first.

4) EJ Manuel crashed back to earth in epic fashion. This is more what I expected from him his rookie season. And it hurts double because I think Geno Smith is a bum who doesn't have a future in the NFL. Yet he emerged the victor with better numbers yesterday.

5) I don't know how the Bills pick up the pieces after this deflating loss. The injury bug seems to be in full force again. Looks like we're headed to a #1 ranking for players on IR like we did during the Jauron years.

6) Speaking of Jauron, poor clock management was on full display yesterday. Our 33 y/o OC really shined.

Did I mention this one hurt?
                      Last edited by JoeMama; 09-23-2013, 07:56 PM.
                      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                        With all the penalties they had we should've won by a couple scores. It took a bad team to even make it that close. They were on the verge of blowing us out until they decided to penalize us down the field for about 13 minutes worth of the game clock. You must have been one of the people predicting us to easily beat the Jets.
                        but they weren't blown out.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Some more examples of "same old Bills":
                          • 3rd and long for the other team - converted time after time? Check!
                          • average or unknown opposing players having career days? Check!
                          • Opposing rookie QB coming out party? Check!
                          • Can't stop the run? Check!
                          • Telegraphing plays on O? Check!

I don't expect much from this season, but this is pretty discouraging as far as improving or "changing the culture of the team"

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            but they weren't blown out.
                            Well good- glad this is college ball where keeping it close against a better team doesn't hurt you in the rankings..... Oh wait- this isn't college ball and the Jets aren't a better team.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Well good- glad this is college ball where keeping it close against a better team doesn't hurt you in the rankings..... Oh wait- this isn't college ball and the Jets aren't a better team.
                              Losing to the Jets is like losing a game of Scrabble to somebody who speaks English as a 15th language.

It's not supposed to happen and you feel like the world's biggest piece of **** when it does.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X