PDA

View Full Version : Kiko Alonso Through 3 Games

RedEyE
09-24-2013, 06:13 AM
I've vented enough about last weeks game. Time for a bit of positive.

Kiko Alonso through 3 games:

27 tackles (leading the team in tackles)
1 sack
1 FF
1 fumble recovery
2 INTs

Quietly kicking ass and taking names.

GvilleBills
09-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Word. If he stays healthy, dude will only get better.

JoeMama
09-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Sam Cowart 2.0

Love the immediate impact.

Fletch
09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
I've vented enough about last weeks game. Time for a bit of positive.

Kiko Alonso through 3 games:

27 tackles (leading the team in tackles)
1 sack
1 FF
1 fumble recovery
2 INTs

Quietly kicking ass and taking names.

If the front-four could play then he wouldn't/shouldn't have to make or be in a position to have to make all those tackles. What seems good may not always be good.

He's been up and down otherwise. That INT on Sunday was thrown right to him. He's made an equal number of botches in pass-coverage. Remember when everyone was gaga over Bradham?

Time will tell. The bigger concern right now is the money-bags DL of Mario, who shows up for three games a season to collect sacks and doesn't do ***** the rest of the way, Dareus, Mr. 1st-round, and Kyle Williams who's been eratic this season, that has been terrible, worse than last year if we care to believe it or not.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Kiko is the Bills best draft pick since 2001.

EDS
09-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Kiko has been solid so far. Time will tell if he is another Poz or if he is more than that.

jdaltroy5
09-24-2013, 08:18 AM
If the front-four could play then he wouldn't/shouldn't have to make or be in a position to have to make all those tackles. What seems good may not always be good.

He's been up and down otherwise. That INT on Sunday was thrown right to him. He's made an equal number of botches in pass-coverage. Remember when everyone was gaga over Bradham?

Time will tell. The bigger concern right now is the money-bags DL of Mario, who shows up for three games a season to collect sacks and doesn't do ***** the rest of the way, Dareus, Mr. 1st-round, and Kyle Williams who's been eratic this season, that has been terrible, worse than last year if we care to believe it or not.
That INT was thrown right to him because he was eyeing the QB and he jumped the route.

PTI
09-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Seems smallish out there, he makes plays but does get dragged for extra yards out there. I think he will be here a while, and will get better, but must get stronger too.

Night Train
09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
He needs help from Pettine with having more beef in front of him. Otherwise, he's easily moved out of the way and the big runs up the middle have been constant through 3 games ( Not his fault. We need to pinch the DT's inside ).

Every MLB needs to be covered up with DT help when the opposition commits to the run between the tackles. Pettine needs to adjust.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
He needs a little field awareness too. Last week the D had the Jets halfback nearly stopped on the 1 and Alonso hit him in the back, sending him into the endzone. But overall he's looked great, best pick of our draft this year.

PTI
09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
He needs a little field awareness too. Last week the D had the Jets halfback nearly stopped on the 1 and Alonso hit him in the back, sending him into the endzone. But overall he's looked great, best pick of our draft this year.

That was Geno Smith, he knocked him into the end zone, and was dragged several times in the game. Playing very well so far all in though.

Meathead
09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
yeah that was pretty dumb for a white guy but id still say hes the mvp of the first 18.75% of the season

pmoon6
09-24-2013, 10:27 AM

Time will tell. The bigger concern right now is the money-bags DL of Mario, who shows up for three games a season to collect sacks and doesn't do ***** the rest of the way, Dareus, Mr. 1st-round, and Kyle Williams who's been eratic this season, that has been terrible, worse than last year if we care to believe it or not.What? The Linebackers job is to fill holes and make the tackle. The D-Line to occupy as many blockers as possible, get off the block when they can, and keep the Offensive lineman off the Backers so they CAN make plays.

Jesus, it's football 101.

Meathead
09-24-2013, 10:32 AM
that int was brilliant, he read the play and jumped the route. of course it was thrown right to him bc it was targeting the center of the receivers body, which is where kiko was. it was a carbon copy of his other int too, meaning the guy has a great sense of whats going on out there already

he can get blind drunk and pass out on my couch any time he wants

IlluminatusUIUC
09-24-2013, 10:38 AM
What? The Linebackers job is to fill holes and make the tackle. The D-Line to occupy as many blockers as possible, get off the block when they can, and keep the Offensive lineman off the Backers so they CAN make plays.

That's not universally true. Some schemes want block-eating linemen and some want penetrating linemen.

pmoon6
09-24-2013, 10:41 AM
he can get blind drunk and pass out on my couch any time he wantsIf he's smart he will avoid that at all costs. I read where he has a tattoo on his lower back that says "Exit Only".:D

pmoon6
09-24-2013, 10:45 AM
That's not universally true. Some schemes want block-eating linemen and some want penetrating linemen.Pfft. The lineman try to penetrate WHILE occupying blockers. If they can great, but if the NT just takes on the guard and the center, it's still a win. The goal is to control the point of attack whether it be the downline or the backer by filling the hole or persuing on the outside.

bf1
09-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Solid. He needs some help. LB is still a major weakness IMO. Since Fletcher I would swear our LBs were never around the ball. Except Poz who used to be 5-6 steps too late. At least Kiko is always right there. The others are still MIA.

pmoon6
09-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Solid. He needs some help. LB is still a major weakness IMO. Since Fletcher I would swear our LBs were never around the ball. Except Poz who used to be 5-6 steps too late. At least Kiko is always right there. The others are still MIA.Yup, we definitely need more talented linebackers on the outside. Lawson has played well, but he is mostly on the line of scrimmage.

Meathead
09-24-2013, 10:59 AM
if hes passed out on my couch he will never know he spent the night on mhs brokeback mountain. duh

PTI
09-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Solid. He needs some help. LB is still a major weakness IMO. Since Fletcher I would swear our LBs were never around the ball. Except Poz who used to be 5-6 steps too late. At least Kiko is always right there. The others are still MIA.

???, Manny Lawson was not terrible last game, he was around the ball a lot.

elltrain22
09-24-2013, 01:41 PM
He's gonna make the pro bowl as a rookie! He is a very good looking player!!

coastal
09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
We need one more linebacker... someone elite.

feldspar
09-24-2013, 02:56 PM
What? The Linebackers job is to fill holes and make the tackle. The D-Line to occupy as many blockers as possible, get off the block when they can, and keep the Offensive lineman off the Backers so they CAN make plays.

Yeah, linebackers invariable lead the league in tackles by WAY far. Safeties are sprinkled in and are generally second, but you'd have to go pretty down the list to find the first d-lineman. In fact, the first d-lineman on the list of tackles last year was J.J. Watt, who was 85th in tackles. Then you don't find another d-lineman on the tackles list until 119, and so forth.

This is common knowledge.

Anyway, I told you guys about Kiko...that I loved that pick from the get-go, anyway. Loved how we basically got him for free by trading down to get Manuel...so if Manuel doesn't pan out, at least we didn't necessarily waste a pick at all.

TrEd FTW
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
If the front-four could play then he wouldn't/shouldn't have to make or be in a position to have to make all those tackles. What seems good may not always be good. .

A linebacker shouldn't have to make tackles? What's next, a receiver shouldn't have to catch passes?

tomz
09-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah, linebackers invariable lead the league in tackles by WAY far. Safeties are sprinkled in and are generally second, but you'd have to go pretty down the list to find the first d-lineman. In fact, the first d-lineman on the list of tackles last year was J.J. Watt, who was 85th in tackles. Then you don't find another d-lineman on the tackles list until 119, and so forth.

This is common knowledge.

Anyway, I told you guys about Kiko...that I loved that pick from the get-go, anyway. Loved how we basically got him for free by trading down to get Manuel...so if Manuel doesn't pan out, at least we didn't necessarily waste a pick at all.

As I've mentioned in several places over the last couple months, DROY!

Some people are just not satisfied with anything. Get some perspective! He's played exceptionally well, especially for a rookie. Wait till he gets a year or two of NFL weight program behind him!

Bunion
09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
He's got great production. Buffalo Rumblings' All-22 analysis tells me that if he quits overpursuing against the run, and starts squeezing lanes and holes then he'll be something really special.

BillsFever21
09-24-2013, 05:29 PM
He's been a great surprise so far. I'm not going to get too high on though him just as I'm not going to get too low on the other higher drafted rookies after three games. It's a promising start to his career though.

Owen DeBoard
09-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Theres more to Mario just sacking the qb. I think hes been doing a good job of pressuring the qb. Also did you forget about the secondary. I would say that is the biggest liability on defense. When Gilmore gets back and if that piece of **** Byrd would play some football instead of faking an injury because hes not getting paid top saftey money that he doesnt deserve this whole defense would look a lot better.