PDA

View Full Version : TJ Graham on the long Freddie run

Crisis
09-25-2013, 12:04 AM
So, the Fred Jackson run was on C'mon Man this week because of what the Jets player did... I was watching a .gif of that play again and noticed TJ Graham at the bottom of the screen.

http://www.gifti.me/i/PdasMU.gif

Literally stops blocking Cro, who eventually catches up to Freddie to save the TD. The guy is just completely useless.

coastal
09-25-2013, 12:14 AM
From what I saw he sealed him outside as per his assignment helping the create the lane for Freddie.

when he started getting inside... He let him go to possibly avoid a meaningless holding penalty?

i mean there's hating... then there's I don't know what.

Novacane
09-25-2013, 12:53 AM
That's not hating. He was standing there watching with the DB as Freddie ran by. If he'd of taken off running with the DB all it would of taken was a little push on the shoulder pads to throw him off track enough for Freddie to score.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-25-2013, 01:37 AM
The play wasn't even coming his direction and Cro visibly let up. By the time Jackson bounced free, Graham didn't have position any more.

A bad play but considering the refs were in a flag-throwing mood I can understand his thinking.

GvilleBills
09-25-2013, 06:27 AM
The play wasn't even coming his direction and Cro visibly let up. By the time Jackson bounced free, Graham didn't have position any more.

A bad play but considering the refs were in a flag-throwing mood I can understand his thinking.

Agreed, Graham did his job. If the run came back because of a questionable holding call, he'd be getting flamed for that.
"we had one good play on offense, and that hack TJ gets it called back. Almost happened tho, so that's a moral victory."
gtfo

DraftBoy
09-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Meh, his intial block is very good given the size difference between he and Cro. He can't be asked to maintain that block for forever and the play didn't look like a designed belly play it was just Fred's cut. Looks bad for Graham but I don't think he is to blame here.

RedEyE
09-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Dude, that play was unusual all the way around. Although I don't even like TJ Graham, I can't fault him on this play as half the damn field thought Fred was buried under the pile. And even after he broke, everyone was like WTF?

Still, I'll take the lane to bash on Graham because he has absolutely NO ability to make reads on the defense so that he can adjust his route and help his QB. Hopefully when Goodwin comes back we see less of TJ.

RedEyE
09-25-2013, 07:15 AM
I'd also like to credit the refs on that play for not blowing the whistle. Because it wasn't but a series or two earlier Fred was still moving his legs, driving, that the did blow the whistle and call his momentum stopped.

Thief
09-25-2013, 07:25 AM
FOCUS! That Jets player is just too funny, lol.

ParanoidAndroid
09-25-2013, 07:52 AM
BS. You finish the play to the whistle. Fundamentals. If he lets up, knock him on his ass.
Coach: "What the hell was that!?
Player: "I thought the play was over."
Coach: "Did you hear a whistle!?"
Player: "Uhhh..." *hangs head and walks to bench*

DraftBoy
09-25-2013, 08:06 AM
BS. You finish the play to the whistle. Fundamentals. If he lets up, knock him on his ass.
Coach: "What the hell was that!?
Player: "I thought the play was over."
Coach: "Did you hear a whistle!?"
Player: "Uhhh..." *hangs head and walks to bench*

He did finish the play...Cro beat him for position and Graham released to avoid a needless holding penalty.

justasportsfan
09-25-2013, 08:13 AM

this.

Thief
09-25-2013, 08:35 AM
He did finish the play...Cro beat him for position and Graham released to avoid a needless holding penalty.
Really? I see a guy who was beat for position because he gave up on the play.

Pinkerton Security
09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
So, the Fred Jackson run was on C'mon Man this week because of what the Jets player did... I was watching a .gif of that play again and noticed TJ Graham at the bottom of the screen.

http://www.gifti.me/i/PdasMU.gif

Literally stops blocking Cro, who eventually catches up to Freddie to save the TD. The guy is just completely useless.

sorry, I generally agree with your posts but this is nothing. He did his job on this particular play and, as others have said, tried to avoid a holding penalty (with very flag-happy refs on the day) on a play he assumed would be right up the gut.

Pinkerton Security
09-25-2013, 08:39 AM

well then you choose to see that because thats not nearly the truth.

Mahdi
09-25-2013, 09:11 AM
TJ did exactly what he was supposed to do. He blocked Cromartie then when he got on the wrong side of him he put his hands up to avoid a "block in the back" or "holding" call.

How many times is there a big run and then the WR is called for holding? TJ did the right thing.

Oaf
09-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I agree with Crisis.

"A bad play but considering the refs were in a flag-throwing mood I can understand his thinking."

There was no "thinking" involved, he only could react or fail to react. He stood there and gaped at Fred like most others. Was it Stevie, there's a good chance Stevie gives Cro a single shove and it's a well-deserved TD for Fred.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-25-2013, 10:29 AM
There was no "thinking" involved, he only could react or fail to react. He stood there and gaped at Fred like most others. Was it Stevie, there's a good chance Stevie gives Cro a single shove and it's a well-deserved TD for Fred.

I'm sorry, do you really want to play the "mistakes that cost us touchdowns" card for Steve Johnson?

And besides, he's in the slot on that play. Watch him, he barely even touches his man.

User Manuel
09-25-2013, 11:15 AM
If he would have continued to block he likely gets hit for a hold or block in the back. He engaged his guy for plenty of time, sometimes you got to be happy with the result.

trapezeus
09-25-2013, 11:48 AM
regardless, TJ graham is the poor man's roscoe parrish. there, i said it. how naseating is that?

Thief
09-25-2013, 11:51 AM
well then you choose to see that because thats not nearly the truth.Jesus dude, he stopped blocking when he was standing next to the guy. Not behind him. And I am a damn ref, like a professional one, so yeah. Im the expert. Thank you and move on. lololol

ParanoidAndroid
09-25-2013, 03:37 PM

I disagree. Cro thought Freddie was stopped and let up which caused TJ to let up. If you watch closely you see Cro let up and TJ immediately disengages the block and looks into the backfield. It is then that Cro slides inside and gains position. No whistle heard, TJ is blocking with his back to the play. TJ should not have let up until the whistle blew. Cro's sidestep was not something TJ got beat with, physically. He simply stopped blocking. I'm not sure why a few of you guys can't see TJ drop his hands and turn his head away from the block.

BillsFever21
09-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Even if Graham was worried about a holding penalty he could've taken off running with Cromartie. If he's as fast as he should be then at the very least he could've slowed Cromartie down. Once he gave up on the play too soon.

DraftBoy
09-26-2013, 07:50 AM

You see incorrectly then. How long do you think the average block is maintained for? Then how long do you think a WR's block is maintained for. If Graham doesn't make the block Jackson never finds that hole.